Windows 10: My audio service is not running. I have tried many different tutorials on how to re-enable...

Discus and support My audio service is not running. I have tried many different tutorials on how to re-enable... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have tried to do the WIN + X > Device Manager > Uninstall/Disable/Roll Back My Audio drivers that I find there are: Intel(R) Display Audio Realtek... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/raavcorp, May 28, 2020.

1. My audio service is not running. I have tried many different tutorials on how to re-enable...

I have tried to do the WIN + X > Device Manager > Uninstall/Disable/Roll Back

My Audio drivers that I find there are:

Intel(R) Display Audio Realtek High Definition Audio

None of those worked.

Then I tried the WIN + R > services.msc

Then tried rebooting the “Windows Audio” and the “Windows Audio Endpoint”

None of those worked either!!

How can I fix this? DM or comment if you need specific info.

submitted by /u/raavcorp
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/raavcorp, May 28, 2020

2. After running Audio troubleshooter error: 'one or more audio service isn't running'

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you receive the error message: 'one or more audio service isn't running', this might have occurred due to the audio services.

I suggest you to restart the service, set it to automatic and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Windows Audio service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 28, 2020
  3. The audio service is not running?!

Hello Abu,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the status of the issue. I would like to assist you further from here.

Please refer to the below steps to start the Audio service and cherck if it helps to resolve the issue

• Open Control Panel and select Administrative Tools, then View Local Services
    • Look for "Windows Audio" NOT "Windows Audio Endpoint Builder"

[Just click on any service, then press the letter "W" on your keyboard, it will take you to the services starting with the "w" letter]
    • Right click on the "Windows Audio" service and choose "Properties"
    • You will see 4 tabs, click on the last one, labeled "Dependencies"
    • In that tab, you will see the "This service depends on the following system components" box, it displays 3 services.

Beside each service there is a "+" icon, click on it to expand the list. The 2nd service will have 2 child services, the 3rd service will have 1 child service.
    • Now make sure that all the 6 services (3 main, 3 child) have the "Started" status in the "Services" window you opened earlier.
    • Most probably you will find one of those services are not running, just start all of them, then try to start the "Window Audio" service from the "General" tab.

However, if the issue is still unresolved, I would suggest you to
    check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Hope this helps.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 28, 2020
  4. My audio service is not running. I have tried many different tutorials on how to re-enable...

audio services not responding

Thanks for the feedback. Let's ensure that your audio services are enabled and running. Please follow these steps:

• In the Cortana search, type in Services.
    • Click Services (Desktop app) in the search results.
    • Under Services (Local), look for the following:
    • Plug and Play
    • Windows Audio
    • Windows Audio Endpoint Builder
    4. Right-click Plug and Play and click Properties.

5. Set the Startup type to Automatic, and Service status should be
    Running. If it's not running, click on Start > Apply > OK.

6. Do the same with the Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder.

7. Restart the PC to apply the changes.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 28, 2020
Thema:

My audio service is not running. I have tried many different tutorials on how to re-enable...

1. My audio service is not running. I have tried many different tutorials on how to re-enable... - Similar Threads - audio service running

2. My audio service is Not running.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My audio service is Not running.: My speakers are not working because for some reason my audio service is disabled. I didn't do that. I watched a video and it showed how to enable it. I pressed Enable and it said this:Windows could Not start the Windows audio service on local computer.Error 0x80070005: Access...
  3. My audio service is Not running.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My audio service is Not running.: My speakers are not working because for some reason my audio service is disabled. I didn't do that. I watched a video and it showed how to enable it. I pressed Enable and it said this:Windows could Not start the Windows audio service on local computer.Error 0x80070005: Access...
  4. How to re-enable audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to re-enable audio: I can't hear any notification sounds, like the low battery sound or the e-mail received. I can hear everything else. I do believe that I somehow ended up deactivating the sounds, but how do I re-enable them?...
  5. How to re-enable audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to re-enable audio: I can't hear any notification sounds, like the low battery sound or the e-mail received. I can hear everything else. I do believe that I somehow ended up deactivating the sounds, but how do I re-enable them?...
  6. How to re-enable audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My Audio Service is still not running even I have tried the all operations following the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Audio Service is still not running even I have tried the all operations following the...: Hi, Everyone: My speaker was working very well before installing Norton two weeks ago. But it's not working after a full scan of Norton.I have tried all operations following the instructions here but nothing still. I have run my SFC.exe and gotten the information: Windows...
  8. My Audio Service is still not running even I have tried the all operations following the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Audio Service is still not running even I have tried the all operations following the...: Hi, Everyone: My speaker was working very well before installing Norton two weeks ago. But it's not working after a full scan of Norton.I have tried all operations following the instructions here but nothing still. I have run my SFC.exe and gotten the information: Windows...
  9. My cursor keeps refreshing like this, always. It's annoying, I have tried many yt tutorials...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My cursor keeps refreshing like this, always. It's annoying, I have tried many yt tutorials...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/_abhisheksingh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m71npl/my_cursor_keeps_refreshing_like_this_always_its/
  10. My Audio service is not running.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Audio service is not running.: My Windows Audio service is not running and I cant start it in the services screen it tells me access is denied. The Windows Audio Endpoint Builder is Running. I Installed the latest windows update last night it was a security update. I need help fixing this because with out...