Windows 10: My available network name/connection disappeared

Discus and support My available network name/connection disappeared in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My available network name/connection disappeared. I use my cell phone as a hotspot and I usually connect my laptop automatically with no problems. All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by echaddy143, Oct 1, 2020.

1. My available network name/connection disappeared

My available network name/connection disappeared. I use my cell phone as a hotspot and I usually connect my laptop automatically with no problems. All of a sudden out of nowhere my network name is not showing up at all so whenever I turn my hotspo on on the cell phoneI log on my laptop, turn on my Wi-Fi, go to my available networks..... and it's not there. I tried connecting my other laptop to the same network and it works!! It just does not work anymore on my main laptop. So I know it's not the connection, it has something to do with windows or the laptop. Please help!!! Right now I'm resetting my PC to see if that will work.

:)

echaddy143, Oct 1, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Cellular/SIM connection not available/disappearing

Hi,

A faulty cellular adapter is one of the possible reasons why the cellular connection is disappearing from the laptop. A disabled adapter in the Network Connections Settings can also be the cause of this issue. We suggest you to enable the cellular connection
    in the Network Connections settings. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type View Network Connections.
    • Press the Enter key.
    • Right-click on the cellular adapter and click Enable.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Oct 1, 2020
  4. My available network name/connection disappeared

Specified network name is no longer available

Hi Satish,

It could be an outdated driver or misconfigured settings why this issue occurs. Let's troubleshoot your issue by running the Network Troubleshooter. This troubleshooter can help us to identify the cause of the issue and fix it at the same time.

To run the troubleshooter:

• First, in the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter.
    • Then, select Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Lastly, follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the issue.

If the issue still persists, we suggest the following:

1. Download and run the easy fix solution:
    Find and fix problems with wireless and other network adapters.

2. Update the network adapter driver.

To do this:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select
      Device Manager from the list of results.
    • In Device Manager, select Network adapters, then click
      network adapter name.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) the network adapter, and then select
      Update driver.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software. Follow the steps, then select
      Close.
    • After installing the updated driver, select Start, then click
      Power.
    • Select Restart if you're asked to restart, and see if that fixes the connection issue.
    3. If Windows can’t find a new driver for your network adapter, visit the PC manufacturer’s website and download the latest network adapter driver from there.

4. Run the HomeGroup Reset troubleshooter.

• Connect your Windows 10 PC to a home network, and make sure no other PCs in the homegroup are connected.
    • Run the
      HomeGroup Reset troubleshooter
    • Select Start, type HomeGroup, select it from the list of results, and then create a new homegroup.

For more troubleshooting steps, please visit these article:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10.

HomeGroup from start to finish.

Marvelos Reg, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

My available network name/connection disappeared

1. My available network name/connection disappeared - Similar Threads - available network name

2. Wi-Fi drops connection and available networks disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi drops connection and available networks disappear: Good afternoon,Around every 15-60 minutes, my wi-fi would cut off from my PC and every other network disappears. The wi-fi's dead only for my computer, but every other device still has access to the wi-fi during the time. Disconnecting and reconnecting during the minute only...
  3. Wi-Fi drops connection and available networks disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi drops connection and available networks disappear: Good afternoon,Around every 15-60 minutes, my wi-fi would cut off from my PC and every other network disappears. The wi-fi's dead only for my computer, but every other device still has access to the wi-fi during the time. Disconnecting and reconnecting during the minute only...
  4. Available networks disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Available networks disappear: Hi, I have a Lenovo laptop and this problem started since I installed some optional updates from Windows Update. Now my laptop barely receives internet signal even when I am next to the router. Now the problem is that I can see the available networks for a minute and then it...
  5. Available networks disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Available networks disappear: Hi, I have a Lenovo laptop and this problem started since I installed some optional updates from Windows Update. Now my laptop barely receives internet signal even when I am next to the router. Now the problem is that I can see the available networks for a minute and then it...
  6. Available networks disappear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Network Connection, Status & Available Networks Disappeared

Network Connection, Status & Available Networks Disappeared: After numerous searches on here and the internet I have not found a resolution that covers all that is going on with my computer. It seemed to have intermittent issues with wireless networks not showing up on occasion then following an update I lost the network icon in the...
  8. Available Wifi Networks disappeared

Available Wifi Networks disappeared: Hello, I have a HP 8830 desktop. I reinstalled win10 using the creation tool. Since doing the updates I no longer am able to view all available wireless networks. my phone displays all networks I ran the trouble shooter; rebooted the router without success. I also rebooted...
  9. Wi-Fi drops connection and available networks disappear

Wi-Fi drops connection and available networks disappear: hello, My laptop drops connection with my wi-fi network and all available wi-fi networks disappear from the list. After 1 minute, networks that disappeared reappears, but doesn't connect automatically to my network (connect automatically is checked). This happens every 30...
  10. View Available Networks disappears

View Available Networks disappears: Sometimes when I need to reconnect to wifi, available networks is not visible. There are no networks, only visible is airplane mode at the bottom. I have to restart which is a pain. Any suggestions? 111971

Users found this page by searching for:

1. name of connection disapperead