Windows 10: my avg keeps asking me for password

Discus and support my avg keeps asking me for password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i can not uninstall my avg as it keeps asking me for a password which i have no idea what it is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RhondaBraithwaite, Sep 15, 2018.

1. my avg keeps asking me for password

i can not uninstall my avg as it keeps asking me for a password which i have no idea what it is

:)

RhondaBraithwaite, Sep 15, 2018
  2. MickF-UK Win User
    Keeps on asking for cred user name and password.

Hi
    Niteshkumar1709

Thanks for your reply,

1. What exactly are you trying to change in Credential manager? I am just trying to view the stored

password(s) of the saved web sites.

2. Does the issue occur with a particular website? No I just open 'IE', Internet options-Content-Autocomplete-Settings-Manage Passwords, select an address from the list & press 'show'

I did as you suggested & set up 'admin' user with 'admin' password, when I open

Manage passwords & select Web Credentials it shows the list of saved passwords. I can select one of the

list & click on 'show' at the side of the password, a box pops up asking for the user password, I enter the password 'admin' and the asterisked password is revealed-that's ok.

My original question was-and still is- my normal account that I logon with is a 'local' account with NO

password, why should 1) Windows ask for a password in web credentials when Windows knows I have no password to logon with & 2) as I have no password why won't the pop up box accept a 'blank' password

that I set up my logon account with.

MickF-UK, Sep 15, 2018
  3. my avg keeps asking me for password

Anthony Gal, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

my avg keeps asking me for password

1. my avg keeps asking me for password - Similar Threads - avg keeps asking

2. Why does Microsoft keep asking me for my account password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Microsoft keep asking me for my account password?: Signing into my first new computer in a while and microsoft asks for my Email, ok I can provide that, then my password, sure got that too, then it asks me for my account password which is somehow different than my normal password? Where am I supposed to find that information...
  3. Windows keeps asking me to change my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps asking me to change my password: Hi. I have a problem with windows 10. Every few weeks, I am told that my password expired and needs to be changed. This was not happening earlier. So, could someone please suggest a fix for this issue?...
  4. Windows keeps asking me to change my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps asking me to change my password: Hi. I have a problem with windows 10. Every few weeks, I am told that my password expired and needs to be changed. This was not happening earlier. So, could someone please suggest a fix for this issue?...
  5. Windows keeps asking me to change my password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Microsoft keep asking for my password

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft keep asking for my password: Microsoft keep asking for my password. Even after I put my password this keeps popping up. How do I resolve it. I already turned off logging in requirement on my settings....
  7. Microsoft keep asking for my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft keep asking for my password: Microsoft keep asking for my password. Even after I put my password this keeps popping up. How do I resolve it. I already turned off logging in requirement on my settings....
  8. Microsoft keep asking for my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Keeps asking for password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keeps asking for password: I had an issue with my password a few months ago and had to change it. Ever since, everything I was automatically signed into with my old password, keeps asking me for my password. All Microsoft related products. It's driving me nuts. I have clicked the "Keep me signed in"...
  10. I keep getting a box asking me to enter my password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I keep getting a box asking me to enter my password: This box appears constantly and I cant send e mails without completing it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-getting-a-box-asking-me-to-enter-my/dc4e5968-8806-4f0d-998c-ee1de38f3815

Users found this page by searching for:

1. avg ask for password