Windows 10: My Back USB 3 Keep Disconnecting & Reconnecting/ Refreshing

Discus and support My Back USB 3 Keep Disconnecting & Reconnecting/ Refreshing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a new HP pavilion 509-P0044 with Win10 Home (Clean install), Ryzen graphics card. My 4 back USB 3 keep disconnecting & reconnecting. Maybe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by atherworld, Jan 4, 2019.

1. My Back USB 3 Keep Disconnecting & Reconnecting/ Refreshing

I have a new HP pavilion 509-P0044 with Win10 Home (Clean install), Ryzen graphics card. My 4 back USB 3 keep disconnecting & reconnecting. Maybe refreshing is the proper term? This doesn't happen on my back USB 2 or front USB 3. I've gone through all the usual solutions. I set Power Options to disable USB Suspend. I shut off Fast Start. I disabled allowing device to sleep under Device Manger. Removed several ghost items as well. I've seen this on 2 different external HDD. It effects my mouse & keyboard too. All 4 are problematic. I even tried changing my items around in case all 4 couldn't be used at the same time. Big mistake. I had to put my webcam in, and it turned on and off several times. Then Windows crashed so bad, I got the Blue Screen of Death twice. I couldn't load it upon restarting my computer (even System Restore failed). So I had to reinstall Windows, and then reinstall everything I installed 3 weeks prior when I got the system. Even shutting off Windows Search in case the indexing was causing a problem didn't work. I changed the drive letter of my HDD around, in case something went wrong the first time I changed it. Still the same problem. I even heard my network adapter could be having a conflict. But Device Manger says it's fine.

Some people said it was a graphics card problem, or a chipset problem. The links to install new drivers and such also failed. I heard a lengthy cable is the cause, but mine's rather short. Plus it works fine on USB 2 or my front USB3. Doesn't need 2 USB cables because it worked fine on my Dell for years with just one. Again, other USB's work fine. Also, wouldn't explain my mouse and keyboard not working for a few seconds here and there.

It also happens randomly. I've gone seconds before the problem starts up. I've gone 5 or 10 minutes. Longest was 40 minutes. I've also noticed my 4th USB 3 works best, and the 3rd works worse (from the back, left to right)

At this point I don't know what else to do. Every solution that works for others doesn't work for me. I fear my USB3 themselves are faulty and need replacing, because nothing else works. Everything works fine on the other USBs, so it's not my devices or cables.

:)

atherworld, Jan 4, 2019

2. USB 3.0 randomly disconnecting and reconnecting, not power config

So I have a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10, and an external USB 3 HDD. If I plug in the HDD, a process will begin. First the drive will appear with the drive letter only, and be unreadable, but in an unusual way. Any software that attempts to interact with it will hang until it either crashes or the drive is disconnected. During this stage the drive may disconnect and reconnect multiple times. If left in for long enough, the drive will finally show up with it's name, and be readable. However it still disconnects and reconnects.

Steps I have tried:

• Disabling the power saving features for all USB devices in Device Manager
    • Reinstalling all USB drivers
    • Testing hard disk on my desktop computer (where it works fine).
    • Powering down the drive for an extended time before trying again

Adrian Smith, Jan 4, 2019
  3. usb keeps disconnecting and reconnecting windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• What is the make model of your system?
    I suggest you to Change the USB power management settings and check.

• Open Device Manager.

• Double-click the type USB to change power management settings.

• Right-click the specific device you want, and then click
      Properties.

• On the Power Management tab, change the power management settings.

I would also suggest you to refer to the suggestion by
    Ashish Sondhi from the following link and check if it helps.

USB devices keeps disconnecting/ reconnecting automatically

Also refer:

• What if a wired device isn't installed properly?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-device-isnt-installed-properly

(Note: steps in the above article applies to Windows 10 as well)

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jan 4, 2019
  4. novaforce Win User

My Back USB 3 Keep Disconnecting & Reconnecting/ Refreshing

USB devices disconnecting/reconnecting

I turned off Power Management but no luck. As for the Resources tab in Device Manager, it's not showing up for my network adapter. I tried reinstalling it and updating it but it's not showing up.

My Back USB 3 Keep Disconnecting & Reconnecting/ Refreshing [​IMG]

novaforce, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

My Back USB 3 Keep Disconnecting & Reconnecting/ Refreshing

1. My Back USB 3 Keep Disconnecting & Reconnecting/ Refreshing - Similar Threads - USB Keep Disconnecting

2. USB Wireless Headset Keeps Disconnecting & Reconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Wireless Headset Keeps Disconnecting & Reconnecting: I use my Logitech H600 wireless headset with my Windows 11 HP Laptop. The headset keeps getting disconnected and reconnected even when it's not in use. I tested the headset with a Windows 11 Asus PC and it works fine. Apparently, the issue is with my laptop....
  3. USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting: Good day,My USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting when I open applications and sometimes when I alt+tab. This only started happening after I upgraded my GPU and PSU. I already updated drivers and reinstalled UBS bus drivers. All of my motherboard UBS slots are...
  4. USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting: Good day,My USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting when I open applications and sometimes when I alt+tab. This only started happening after I upgraded my GPU and PSU. I already updated drivers and reinstalled UBS bus drivers. All of my motherboard UBS slots are...
  5. USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. USB Composite Device keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Composite Device keeps disconnecting and reconnecting: Seemingly out of nowhere a device keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and when it does, it creates a moment of subtle lag and frame drops when gaming and I can't seem to find what is causing this. It also makes the constant USB device connected bleep. Here is a log of the...
  7. Unknown USB Device Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unknown USB Device Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting: Title says it all. There is an unknown USB device that just keeps connecting and disconnecting. It is visible in my device manager. The computer works just fine and I have managed to turn the sound off. I'm just a little concerned that this could cause an issue down the line...
  8. Front USB ports keep disconnecting and reconnecting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Front USB ports keep disconnecting and reconnecting?: As the title says, the front USBs keep disconnecting and reconnecting. It only seems to be the front ports too. I've tried troubleshooting and reinstalling drivers, yet no difference was made. Any help? submitted by /u/Squiddy_101 [link] [comments]...
  9. USB Device Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Device Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting: I need some help because i've tried almost every option that i've found to see if it would fix the problem. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the usb mass storage device and it worked for one minute but then went back to wigging out. Then I tried a couple of other options and...
  10. USB keep disconnecting and reconnecting in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    USB keep disconnecting and reconnecting in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If after you connect a USB device, it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting randomly on its own, then it could be a hardware or driver issue. The first need to make sure is to check the device works fine on another [...] This post USB keep disconnecting and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb f drive keeps on refreshing