Windows 10: My background is changing every hour, despite being set to change every 6 hours.

Discus and support My background is changing every hour, despite being set to change every 6 hours. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Under Settings > Personalization > Background, I have "Slideshow" selected. I have it set to Change Picture every "6 hours". But in actuality, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BananaFrappe, Oct 18, 2018.

1. My background is changing every hour, despite being set to change every 6 hours.

Under Settings > Personalization > Background, I have "Slideshow" selected. I have it set to Change Picture every "6 hours". But in actuality, the background is changing every hour.

(In case it is needed, Shuffle is ON, and Allow Slideshow when on battery power is OFF.)

What is going on? How can I fix this? This just started a couple of days ago.

Windows 10 Home

Version 1803

OS build 17134.345

:)

BananaFrappe, Oct 18, 2018
  2. dadriaen Win User

change agenda hour settings?

I recently started using Windows mobile, so still getting my way around it. One thing that I don't seem to find is how to change the color settings of the office hours versus others in the agenda day view. It seems to be set from 8am till 16am, but I cannot
    imagine that everyone would have those hours. So I want to change that setting, but have no idea how to.

thanks

Dominique

dadriaen, Oct 18, 2018
  3. changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Oct 18, 2018
  4. My background is changing every hour, despite being set to change every 6 hours.

Quiet Hours not working as expected

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10. I will be glad to assist you with this.

When you enable Quiet hours, the window of time when it can be engaged is from
    12 midnight to 6 AM.

Quiet Hours allows for the user to define periods of time in which the system will be fresh and up to date when the user is present, but will stop background tasks and notifications when the user is away from their system.

However, since you are not receiving the notifications even after 6 AM, I would suggest you to
    check the regional settings and the time settings and make sure that it is set correctly.

Also, check which server settings your computer is synced to by following the steps below:

1. Type "date and time" in the search bar and open it.

2. Click on "internet time" tab.

3. Click on "change settings".

4. Check "synchronize with an internet time server"

5. Under server, select time.windows.com
    from the drop down list.

6. Click on "update now" and click
    ok.

7. Restart your computer and check if the issue persists.

Also, refer to the link below for steps to enable quiet hours:

Set Quiet Hours in Windows 10

Do get back to us with the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

My background is changing every hour, despite being set to change every 6 hours.

1. My background is changing every hour, despite being set to change every 6 hours. - Similar Threads - background changing every

2. New PC with Bluescreens Every 6 Hours or so

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC with Bluescreens Every 6 Hours or so: I've recently built a new pc with some old parts and have been experiencing a lot of blue screens. I've tried troubleshooting to no avail and am here wondering what else I can do.The specs are as follows:Ryzen 5 7600xB650 Gaming X AX rev 1.3 on bios FB2x16 GB DDR5 T-Force...
  3. New PC with Bluescreens Every 6 Hours or so

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC with Bluescreens Every 6 Hours or so: I've recently built a new pc with some old parts and have been experiencing a lot of blue screens. I've tried troubleshooting to no avail and am here wondering what else I can do.The specs are as follows:Ryzen 5 7600xB650 Gaming X AX rev 1.3 on bios FB2x16 GB DDR5 T-Force...
  4. BSOD's almost every 6-7 hours of runtime on my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD's almost every 6-7 hours of runtime on my PC: CPU: Intel i7-4770GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX580 8GBRAM: 4GBx4 16 GB DDR3-1600mhz MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 3SSD/HDD: Apacer 120GB SSD, Toshiba 1.8 TB HDDPSU: Thermaltake 750W Smart BX1I updated Windows a week ago and before that I didnt encounter any problems. For the whole week i've...
  5. BSOD every 3-6 hours. afd.sys, nwifi.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD every 3-6 hours. afd.sys, nwifi.sys: Hello, My laptop has been recently having BSOD every 3-6 hours. Sometimes it's due to afd.sys, sometimes due to nwifi.sys. The link to recent minidump files is here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alap-vWK0mekiY9QNK6j-K-0cSvKrw?e=jCBX1o I've installed all latest drivers, but...
  6. BSODs Every Few Hours

BSODs Every Few Hours: Hello, my laptop has been having various BSODs throughout this year. In a day it can restart once every two hours. The most common errors are memory management, unexpected store exception, kernel data inpage error, critical process died, bad system config info and invalid...
  7. BDOS every hour or so

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BDOS every hour or so: Just wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing this with similar specs, as it sounds like people are being impacted differently. My research tells me the Blue Screening, which produces the " Critical_Process_Died " error code, may be caused by one of the recent Windows...
  8. Settings: Change active hours

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings: Change active hours: W10 will not let me set end of active hours to more than 11pm same day. Trying for 6AM to 12am (midnight). Smithurmann Winchester Mass. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-change-active-hours/af381423-ced8-41bb-93ce-4e5a0240435b
  9. Windows Backup every hour

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Backup every hour: II have windows backup set to run every hour. Will it actually do this even if there is just one new file or does it ever skip an hour? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-backup-every-hour/b1fc66da-d098-45e7-a79f-36b92cf6a4ad
  10. BSOD every hour

BSOD every hour: Would like to find out why I am blue screening . Thanks. 72866