Windows 10: My background picture has gone

Discus and support My background picture has gone in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! The picture I have as my background has gone. If I open personalisation the picture shows it also shows in theme, but not on the screen. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by colin higton, Feb 15, 2020.

1. My background picture has gone

Hello!

The picture I have as my background has gone.

If I open personalisation the picture shows it also shows in theme, but not on the screen.

The screen is black with the icons on it.

I can't find a way of getting my picture back.

Any ideas, please?

I'm running Win10 home ver: 1809

:)

colin higton, Feb 15, 2020

2. Changing the background in Windows 10 from picture foders created on the hard drive?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open Desktop Background by right clicking on the desktop clicking Personalization

• Click the picture or color that you want to use for your desktop background.

• If the picture you want to use isn't in the list of desktop background pictures, click an item in the Picture location list to see other categories, or click Browse to search for the picture on your computer.
      When you find the picture that you want, double-click it. It will become your desktop background.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Feb 15, 2020
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Can't upload picture to background

Have you gone to Settings, Personalization, Background and changed to Picture and the piced a picyure or browsed for a picture?

If you have a picture that you have opened right click on it and on the list click on Set as and pick background.

lacrumb, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

My background picture has gone

Theme Background pictures not showing on logon

Hi,

To get better clarity on the issue please do let us know if you are referring to Lock Screen background pictures.

If yes, I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I key on the keyboard.
    • Go to Personalization.
    • Click on Lock screen and chose the desired picture.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us if you need any other assistance.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

My background picture has gone

1. My background picture has gone - Similar Threads - background picture has

2. Why has my background picture changed?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why has my background picture changed?: I don't mind the first lock screen picture changes, but I had a personal picture set up as my background after I unlocked it. How do I get back my personal picture and stop the Microsoft updates from changing my Settings....
  3. Why has my background picture changed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has my background picture changed?: I don't mind the first lock screen picture changes, but I had a personal picture set up as my background after I unlocked it. How do I get back my personal picture and stop the Microsoft updates from changing my Settings....
  4. Why has my background picture changed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My Windows 10 updated and now my background picture is gone.

My Windows 10 updated and now my background picture is gone.: My Windows 10 updated today. Took a couple hours. Turned computer on and screen is black. My picture is gone. Why? What can I do to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-updated-and-now-my-background/2dc8b002-cfff-4dca-ac65-12ee2f455ede
  6. Pictures are gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pictures are gone: Must of had an update yesterday or day before. My lay out is all wrong and my pictures have disappeared. Finally was able to remember my pass word to sign back in but still can not figure how to get my pictures back !! Are they gone for good! Hate up dates being forced on me!...
  7. apps gone, background gone

apps gone, background gone: I have lost my apps and my background screen is now black. The start menu doesn't work, the task view doesn't work, microsoft edge doesnt work (dialog box states "class not registered" I have no idea what to do...
  8. Pictures gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures gone: Leave it to Microsoft to muck everything up for you. And why do they insist on forcing people to do or use this or that? It is always about money-not for the convenience of the customer. After buying a new computer, keep on being forced to use one drive. So where are my...
  9. Background gone (as well as background picture option in personalisation) after update

Background gone (as well as background picture option in personalisation) after update: I let the computer update while I was asleep, so I don't know if there were issues, but the computer seemed fine when I took a look at it this morning. Except for the fact that my desktop background is gone, it's all black, and the option to choose a picture in...
  10. Background Picture

Background Picture: Hi there. When I go into Settings and set the Background picture/slideshow, I always see letters on the sample screen, like 'Aa' and 'Sample Text'. What can you do with that? I don't find any explanations anywhere. Thank you. 8133