Windows 10: My background won't stop changing whenever I switch desktops

Discus and support My background won't stop changing whenever I switch desktops in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I switch desktops using any method 4 finger swipe, Ctrl+Win+Arrow key, etc... my wallpaper resets back to the default windows wallpaper. Using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dmytro Kharytonskyi, Jun 16, 2024.

1. My background won't stop changing whenever I switch desktops

Whenever I switch desktops using any method 4 finger swipe, Ctrl+Win+Arrow key, etc... my wallpaper resets back to the default windows wallpaper. Using the registry editor setting NoChangingWallPaper binary value to 1 kinda worked, when I went to change wallpaper it would say that it was locked, but if I switched desktop it would just reset back to windows default, but would still say I couldn't change it. I also tried deleting the Iconcache files but that didn't work. Any ideas?

:)

Dmytro Kharytonskyi, Jun 16, 2024

2. change desktop background color

Hi,

To change the desktop background into a solid color, see the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop, and select Personalize.
    • Under Personalization, select Background.
    • On the right pane, click on the drop-down menu for Background, and then select
      Solid color.
    • Choose your preferred color and it should immediately make changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Jun 16, 2024
  3. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 16, 2024
  4. My background won't stop changing whenever I switch desktops

changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

Change desktop background and colors - Microsoft Support

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jun 16, 2024
Thema:

My background won't stop changing whenever I switch desktops

1. My background won't stop changing whenever I switch desktops - Similar Threads - background won't stop

2. My background won't stop changing whenever I switch desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My background won't stop changing whenever I switch desktops: Whenever I switch desktops using any method 4 finger swipe, Ctrl+Win+Arrow key, etc... my wallpaper resets back to the default windows wallpaper. Using the registry editor setting NoChangingWallPaper binary value to 1 kinda worked, when I went to change wallpaper it would say...
  3. My background won't stop changing whenever I switch desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My background won't stop changing whenever I switch desktops: My background keeps changing from whatever I set it to back to the windows default whenever I switch desktops. I've done all the common solutions, I've gone to regedit to set NoChangingWallPaper to 1 which kinda worked: if i went back to the change wallpaper screen it would...
  4. My background won't stop changing whenever I switch desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My background won't stop changing whenever I switch desktops: My background keeps changing from whatever I set it to back to the windows default whenever I switch desktops. I've done all the common solutions, I've gone to regedit to set NoChangingWallPaper to 1 which kinda worked: if i went back to the change wallpaper screen it would...
  5. Windows 11 Automatically Switches Desktops When Background Changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Automatically Switches Desktops When Background Changes: Hi, I am using a Windows 11 laptop and I am trying to use more than one desktop. However, every time I use two desktops, Windows suddenly switches automatically to the unused desktop whenever the background changes. Could you please assist me with this issue?Thank you....
  6. Windows 11 Automatically Switches Desktops When Background Changes

Windows 11 Automatically Switches Desktops When Background Changes: Hi, I am using a Windows 11 laptop and I am trying to use more than one desktop. However, every time I use two desktops, Windows suddenly switches automatically to the unused desktop whenever the background changes. Could you please assist me with this issue?Thank you....
  7. Desktop background will not change.

Desktop background will not change.: I cannot change my desktop background to anything but black I cannot add any pictures or desktop backgrounds I have checked settings themes and everything I could think of but I cannot find the problem please help*Moved from feedback....
  8. Windows Won't allow me to change my desktop background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Won't allow me to change my desktop background: I own a Asus Rog Zephyrus m15 and I have Windows 10 installed obliviously. When I finished the setup it automatically changed my desktop background photo to what my old laptop had as a background which was a photo I took. The other day i wanted to change the desktop...
  9. background won't change

background won't change: every time I change my background it turn into a solid colour. i creat anew user the problem did't appear but i want to solve it in my old account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-wont-change/916c7200-a0da-47e9-b09a-62faeae9da51
  10. Change Desktop Background

Change Desktop Background: I want to change the Desktop Background, I want to put a picture of my granddaughter that I have on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-desktop-background/26184aba-aed7-4f05-ac92-8ace3ba1f30c