Windows 10: My backgrounds disappeared and I can't find the folder that stored my background pictures

Discus and support My backgrounds disappeared and I can't find the folder that stored my background pictures in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; the folder i had was named desktopbackground, and contained my pictures i was using for my desktop background, but i now cant find the folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/b4wii, Feb 20, 2021.

1. /u/b4wii Win User

My backgrounds disappeared and I can't find the folder that stored my background pictures

the folder i had was named desktopbackground, and contained my pictures i was using for my desktop background, but i now cant find the folder containing the images. is there a way to extract the exact path windows has stored to where i have set it to look for that folder?

currently running a malware scan, because how does a folder just disappear on its own?

windows 10 version 1909 build 18363.1379

submitted by /u/b4wii
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/b4wii, Feb 20, 2021

2. Changing the background in Windows 10 from picture foders created on the hard drive?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open Desktop Background by right clicking on the desktop clicking Personalization

• Click the picture or color that you want to use for your desktop background.

• If the picture you want to use isn't in the list of desktop background pictures, click an item in the Picture location list to see other categories, or click Browse to search for the picture on your computer.
      When you find the picture that you want, double-click it. It will become your desktop background.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Misiowiec Win User
    Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, Feb 20, 2021
  4. wwsras Win User

My backgrounds disappeared and I can't find the folder that stored my background pictures

Can no longer select pictures as background

Previously I was able to select pictures from my PC as a background, including using a group of pictures as a rotating theme. But now when I try to do the same and go into a folder on my hard drive to select photos, the photo files are not listed at all.
    I have many folders of pictures but none show the photo files when I try to use the background option. I can see the pictures fine otherwise.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

wwsras, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

1. My backgrounds disappeared and I can't find the folder that stored my background pictures - Similar Threads - backgrounds disappeared can't

2. Background picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background picture: I'm trying to set a picture as a background screen, and nothing works. The display resolution and the picture size are the same 1920/1080. When I choose the fill option it shows only the top side of the picture with a zoom, if I choose to center it shows the whole picture but...
  3. Background pictures

Background pictures: My background picture was gone this morning, I went to personalize under slideshow browse selected the folder with my pictures and it show nothing. went to the file folder and looked into pictures and my pictures are there. I tried different folders same thing folder is there...
  4. background pictures

background pictures: I am trying to set my background picture, and ever ytime I choose one and set it its really blurry, I've tried picking a picture that is the same screen resolution size as it says in settings and that didn't help I just want to know how to fix this issue?...
  5. Can't find my Desktop Background Image

Can't find my Desktop Background Image: I have an image that I put on my desktop, but I can't find it on my hard drive. Is there a way to search for it, or tell where the desktop application is looking to find it?...
  6. Can't use a picture as my background

Can't use a picture as my background: I am trying to set an image as my background and my settings are not allowing me to do so. I started by just selecting the 'set as background' option while in an image, but when that didn't work, I went into my personalization options. When I set my settings from 'solid...
  7. I can't change my background picture

I can't change my background picture: Hi! I've been doing research how to change my background picture because I'm having problems with it. I was able to change it freely before. When I'm on the settings and on the personalization page, I try to browse for a picture and select it. The background just changes to...
  8. Can't upload picture to background

Can't upload picture to background: Hey, so today I found my screen had a green background, I tried to change it to my normal picture background but it didn't actually upload, I tried many methods to fix it but none of them worked, I decided I might as well get help from Microsoft and the community. If it's any...
  9. Can't sync background picture

Can't sync background picture: I have a feeling that this is going to turn out to be a silly question with an obvious answer that I'm missing, but here goes. I have a tablet, a laptop and a desktop computer all running Windows 10. I log on to each with my Microsoft account. Each has all of its settings...
  10. Background Picture

Background Picture: Hi there. When I go into Settings and set the Background picture/slideshow, I always see letters on the sample screen, like 'Aa' and 'Sample Text'. What can you do with that? I don't find any explanations anywhere. Thank you. 8133