Windows 10: My backup will not complete bc of threat

Discus and support My backup will not complete bc of threat in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. Everytime I try to run a backup on my PC it will not complete. If i run a scan before the backup process, there are no threats. However during... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DominicDonnino, Mar 2, 2020.

1. My backup will not complete bc of threat

Hello. Everytime I try to run a backup on my PC it will not complete. If i run a scan before the backup process, there are no threats. However during the backup process inevitably I get a security notification that pops up and says threat detected. This is the file it gives me:

BrowserModifier:Win32/Diplugem

I still cannot complete the backup to my external hard drive. This happens without fail. I have tried quarantining and removing the file using Windows Defender and the same problem arises.

Any clarity on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

DominicDonnino, Mar 2, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond My backup will not complete bc of threat :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Any USB Battery Charging (BC 1.1) compliant Nokia devices?

There are begining to be a good selection of USB hubs and chargers which support the USB-IF BC 1.1 standard, which finally defines a standard way of using USB to do higher power (~3x faster) charging.

USB 2.0 to this point has been limited to 500mA. BC 1.1 supports up to 1800mA dedicated (1500mA while in low/full speed mode; 900mA at high speed).

BC 1.1 is the basis of the GSMA Universal Charging Solution.

But I can't find a list of Nokia devices which support BC 1.1. Are there any at all, or is Nokia not supporting a standard they helped create? My backup will not complete bc of threat ;)

Is there a complete list anywhere?

Thanks!

bthompson111, Mar 2, 2020
  4. My backup will not complete bc of threat

Backup using file history

Thanks Robeline

I was going by other advice and articles that suggest that backing up under Update and security/backup is now the way to go. I will try your suggestion.

Doug

DougWalsh1, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

My backup will not complete bc of threat

1. My backup will not complete bc of threat - Similar Threads - backup complete threat

2. Virus and Threat protection missing completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus and Threat protection missing completely: Hi. Windows virus and threat protection suddenly suddenly disappeared with a message contacting IT administrator. If I go to Windows defender nothing about it exists. I have no idea what to do and I've been following many steps till I reached submitting this form, but nothing...
  3. Virus and Threat protection missing completely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus and Threat protection missing completely: Hi. Windows virus and threat protection suddenly suddenly disappeared with a message contacting IT administrator. If I go to Windows defender nothing about it exists. I have no idea what to do and I've been following many steps till I reached submitting this form, but nothing...
  4. W10 Backup will not complete. The Backup Status Bar gets to 97% and does not complete , see...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 Backup will not complete. The Backup Status Bar gets to 97% and does not complete , see...: W10 Backup will not complete. The Backup Status Bar gets to 97% and does not complete , see screen shot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-backup-will-not-complete-the-backup-status-bar/13788fc7-e81f-470d-be8c-17f6544d5168
  5. W10 Backup will not complete. The Backup Status Bar gets to 97% and does not complete , see...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 Backup will not complete. The Backup Status Bar gets to 97% and does not complete , see...: W10 Backup will not complete. The Backup Status Bar gets to 97% and does not complete , see screen shot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-backup-will-not-complete-the-backup-status-bar/13788fc7-e81f-470d-be8c-17f6544d5168
  6. Backup "The backup completed but some files were skipped."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup "The backup completed but some files were skipped.": I have Windows 11 Home but use Windows 7 Backup. It gives me this error: The backup completed but some files were skipped. There is a text document you can open for details:Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Documents....
  7. Backup "The backup completed but some files were skipped."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup "The backup completed but some files were skipped.": I have Windows 11 Home but use Windows 7 Backup. It gives me this error: The backup completed but some files were skipped. There is a text document you can open for details:Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Documents....
  8. Microsoft Defender prevents my backup from completing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender prevents my backup from completing: Windows defender will not let me make a backup. It can't remediate a file or quarantee it. file: \Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy16\Users\kedwa\Downloads\Glary_Utilities_v5.165.0.191.exe I don't know how to find the file to delete it. I used Microsoft Saftely scanner to no...
  9. Backup Windows 10 - backup not completing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup Windows 10 - backup not completing: I have a 2tb laptop with Windows 10. I am trying to create a system image and backup my important folders. I am using a Seagate 2tb external hard drive. I have several failed attempts at backing up because I receive a 'insufficient disk space' message. This is after...
  10. This threat or app might not be completely remediated

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This threat or app might not be completely remediated: Hello, I was testing Windows Defender with the EICAR test file and Windows Defender detected it. It stated that it was quarantined but then I get a second notification stating "This threat or app might not be completely remediated". Is there anything to worry about?...