Windows 10: My backup will not complete bc of threat

Discus and support My backup will not complete bc of threat in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. Everytime I try to run a backup on my PC it will not complete. If i run a scan before the backup process, there are no threats. However during... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DominicDonnino, Mar 2, 2020.

1. My backup will not complete bc of threat

Hello. Everytime I try to run a backup on my PC it will not complete. If i run a scan before the backup process, there are no threats. However during the backup process inevitably I get a security notification that pops up and says threat detected. This is the file it gives me:

BrowserModifier:Win32/Diplugem

I still cannot complete the backup to my external hard drive. This happens without fail. I have tried quarantining and removing the file using Windows Defender and the same problem arises.

Any clarity on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

DominicDonnino, Mar 2, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond My backup will not complete bc of threat :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Any USB Battery Charging (BC 1.1) compliant Nokia devices?

There are begining to be a good selection of USB hubs and chargers which support the USB-IF BC 1.1 standard, which finally defines a standard way of using USB to do higher power (~3x faster) charging.

USB 2.0 to this point has been limited to 500mA. BC 1.1 supports up to 1800mA dedicated (1500mA while in low/full speed mode; 900mA at high speed).

BC 1.1 is the basis of the GSMA Universal Charging Solution.

But I can't find a list of Nokia devices which support BC 1.1. Are there any at all, or is Nokia not supporting a standard they helped create? My backup will not complete bc of threat ;)

Is there a complete list anywhere?

Thanks!

bthompson111, Mar 2, 2020
  4. My backup will not complete bc of threat

Backup using file history

Thanks Robeline

I was going by other advice and articles that suggest that backing up under Update and security/backup is now the way to go. I will try your suggestion.

Doug

DougWalsh1, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

My backup will not complete bc of threat

1. My backup will not complete bc of threat - Similar Threads - backup complete threat

2. 'Windows Backup did not complete successfully'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    'Windows Backup did not complete successfully': I plug in my external drive (2 terabytes so lots of space), and run backup and I get the message ' Backup did not complete successfully', On windows 10 v1903. Any suggestions?...
  3. i cant download a app bc of admin

i cant download a app bc of admin: So I had to download a app for school but when ever it finish it says only admins can do this so I try to change my user acc setting but my admins blocked it so can u give me a soulution pls...
  4. Microsoft.SqlServer.Compact.400.64.bc file in ProgramData

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft.SqlServer.Compact.400.64.bc file in ProgramData: Microsoft.SqlServer.Compact.400.64.bc gets created in ProgramData folder at every restart (even if it is deleted). I am using Xampp, MySql and I have Microsoft SQL Server installed on my computer. Apparently, this file keeps track of private deployments, which I don't...
  5. Not able to restore complete backup in Windows 10.

Not able to restore complete backup in Windows 10.: Not able to restore complete backup in Windows 10. Tried online support help from Microsoft with remote computer control but only little could be restored. Already tried three times....
  6. Threat

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Threat: Please advise is this a valid Microsoft response Hi jrowla, Microsoft_Support has replied to your question Won't See Email on Desktop but it is on Phone in Microsoft Community. Microsoft Support Number <removed> Post a reply Did this resolve the problem? Give feedback...
  7. Windows 10 Backup did not complete successfully

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 Backup did not complete successfully: Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\My Computer\Desktop\New folder. Error*SadThe system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002)) Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\My Computer\Desktop\SD 13.5.12\105SSCAM. Error*SadThe...
  8. windows backup sometimes starting completely from scratch...

windows backup sometimes starting completely from scratch...: My windows 10 "backup & restore (windows7)" runs every evening at 19.00h when it does an incremental backup. But sometimes (once every 6 months or so) it starts doing a completely new backup (which takes about 3 days since I backup over wifi to a network drive). Is...
  9. How to turn off Windows backup completely

How to turn off Windows backup completely: Have turned off file history backup via settings but Windows keeps taking a "snapshot"of my C: disc and putting it on my external HD. Is there something else that I have to turn off? 74006
  10. "The last backup did not complete successfully" Help!

"The last backup did not complete successfully" Help!: I keep getting the above error when trying to make a backup of my files from the C:\ to my separate A:\ drive. My A:\ has folders and files on it-could this be causing the failure? I have more than enough room to allow for a backup. Any insight will be greatly appreciated....