Windows 10: My Battery Design Capacity Changed?

Discus and support My Battery Design Capacity Changed? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have interesting problem. In the past my laptop battery life was just 1 hour and then I searced why this thing is so low and, I noticed my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OzgurCoban, Apr 18, 2020.

1. My Battery Design Capacity Changed?

I have interesting problem.

In the past my laptop battery life was just 1 hour and then I searced why this thing is so low and, I noticed my laptop battery capacity is 24.000mWh.

I did calibration my battery and this amounth decreased 20.000mWh. After that yesterdey my laptop battery increased 29.000mWh.

My real capacity is 60.000 mWh. That`s why windows is using just %50 portion of my battery.

How can I change this amounth?

Current amounths from diagnostic:

Current Battery Value: 17.850mWh

Full Charged Capacity: 29.184 mWh

Designed Capacity: 29.184 mWh

:)

OzgurCoban, Apr 18, 2020

2. Windows 10 battery percentage of design or full charge capacity?

Is the battery indicator in Windows 10 a percentage of the design capacity or the current full charge capacity of the battery ?

ie. if my battery capacity dropped from say, 60mWh to 30mWh from wear, would the indicator show 50% or 100% when the battery is fully charged at its current capacity of 30mWh ?

EDIT: to describe my case, I have an XPS 13 9350 whose battery has a design capacity of 56mWh. over the past few weeks, the battery percentage in windows stops at 55 with "plugged in not charging". running

shows that the current full charge capacity is about 41mWh, meaning at 55% I'm getting about 20mWh on a "full" charge. the surprising thing is Dell Command Power Manager shows my battery to be in excellent health.

Abhinav Vishak, Apr 18, 2020
  3. baskhara Win User
    Acer battery won't charge

What if the battery unremoveable? Should I disassemble and remove it? also there is a switch underneath the case and around the RAM slot that prevent the laptop to turn on when the case is open and without the charger. Is that the same as removing the battery? although when turned on with charger, the laptop still see the battery. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I took the report, the design capacity was 41.440 mWh but full charge capacity is now 25.752 mWh. Is it that bad? Before this happened I believe HWMonitor also show the same number with 38% Wear Level.
    Here's the report file

baskhara, Apr 18, 2020
  4. TomEus Win User

My Battery Design Capacity Changed?

Windows 10 battery percentage of design or full charge capacity?

current full charge - to get the design capacity, you have to use some special tools that are OEM specific - like Dell Command Monitor for Dell laptops.

Some management tools will compare the current capacity with the design capacity and give you "battery health" but not Windows

This is why you may see the battery indicator being "full" and when disconnecting external power, the system will immediately hibernate/turn off

TomEus, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

My Battery Design Capacity Changed?

1. My Battery Design Capacity Changed? - Similar Threads - Battery Design Capacity

2. Design capacity is equal to full charge capacity in battery report

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Design capacity is equal to full charge capacity in battery report: My battery report is acting very weird... it shows the design capacity equal to that of full charge capacity and both are decreasing over time. Can anyone help?I use my laptop plugged in most of the time.every week I drain the battery to 10-15% for its health so I shouldn't...
  3. Design capacity is equal to full charge capacity in battery report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Design capacity is equal to full charge capacity in battery report: My battery report is acting very weird... it shows the design capacity equal to that of full charge capacity and both are decreasing over time. Can anyone help?I use my laptop plugged in most of the time.every week I drain the battery to 10-15% for its health so I shouldn't...
  4. Why my battery's charging design capacity had decreased?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why my battery's charging design capacity had decreased?: Hello there, My laptop has completed its 2 years and now its facing problems with the battery.Now, the battery has a much lower design capacity and decreases over time. I have another older hp laptop and I see that the design capacity does not decrease but the full charge...
  5. Why my battery's charging design capacity had decreased?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my battery's charging design capacity had decreased?: Hello there, My laptop has completed its 2 years and now its facing problems with the battery.Now, the battery has a much lower design capacity and decreases over time. I have another older hp laptop and I see that the design capacity does not decrease but the full charge...
  6. Why my battery's charging design capacity had decreased?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Interpreting a Battery Health Report: Full Charge Capacity Exceeds Design Capacity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Interpreting a Battery Health Report: Full Charge Capacity Exceeds Design Capacity: Before purchasing a replacement battery for my PC, I ran a Battery HealthReport because the battery on my laptop will no longer power it for more than afew minutes. My question about the report relates to the "Battery CapacityHistory" section. For my PC the Full Charge...
  8. How to change laptop battery designed capacity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to change laptop battery designed capacity: Hi all, anyone know how to re-setting laptop battery designed capacity?? i mod my old laptop battery, since the old battery only last for 1 hour less.... i give brand new battery in the battery pack, change from 4 x 18650 2200mAH cell to 8 x 22650 5000mAH cell...
  9. Why my battery's charging design capacity had decreased?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why my battery's charging design capacity had decreased?: [ATTACH] Hello there, My laptop has completed its 3 years and now its facing problems regarding power. Now, its battery doesn't charge beyond 73% normally, if I want it charge it more then the laptop takes hours to reach beyond 90% What can be the issue? Please help me to...
  10. Battery design capacity fluctuates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Battery design capacity fluctuates: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/derekamoss [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ffxalh/battery_design_capacity_fluctuates/