Windows 10: My Battery Icon showing power level disappeared! What do I do?

Discus and support My Battery Icon showing power level disappeared! What do I do? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; ***WARNING*** These instructions seem tedious--and for the computer savvy, they are--but I have made sure to be as complete and easy as possible. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CurtisMaxwell1, Aug 27, 2019.

1. My Battery Icon showing power level disappeared! What do I do?

***WARNING***
    These instructions seem tedious--and for the computer savvy, they are--but I have made sure to be as complete and easy as possible. For the computer 'illiterate,' just go slowly--especially make sure that when you 'right-click' stuff that you choose the actions I have listed in these instructions. If you are hasty, you may create more problems instead of fixing this pesky batter icon issue.

1- From Windows icon (bottom left) find AND select "Device Manager." (or, in the search box--next to Windows icon, type "Device Manager" AND select it.

2- A pop-up box will appear. A short way down the list of items, you will see the word "Batteries." Click on the arrow to the left of the word "Batteries" for a drop-down menu.

3- A list of 2-4 subsets will appear with the words: "Microsoft AC Adapter" and then 1-3 (possibly more) of "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery."

4- RIGHT CLICK "Microsoft AC Adapter" and choose "disable device."[DON'T choose "uninstall"!!!] A small pop-up will appear asking if you really want to disable. CLICK YES.

5- REPEAT STEP 4 for the remaining "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery." (Remember to choose YES when the pop-up box asks you if you're sure.

6- Go back to top up subset list (starting with "Microsoft AC Adapter" and RIGHT CLICK again. This time choose: "Scan for hardware changes."

7- Do the same as step 6 with all the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" until you have "scanned for hardware changes" for the rest of the subset list.

8- FINALLY, go back to the subset top ("Microsoft AC Adapter") and RIGHT CLICK again...this time choose "Enable Device." Continue down the subset list, RIGHT-CLICKING EACH with "enable device" until you've done them all.

9- Look down to the bottom right of your taskbar and BEHOLD...the POWAH of my careful instructions (unlike SOME people--hahhahha j/k bro/ma'am!) Your Battery Power Icon has now returned...just like your girl friend's Herpes. <3 <3

When you successfully finish this and your Battery Icon returns, please congratulate yourself for taking a step into the Tech World. Cheetos and Mountain Dew for everyone!!

:)

CurtisMaxwell1, Aug 27, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Power Icon disappeared

Hi Jane,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

• Have you installed graphics drivers?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

And also install all the latest drivers (Graphic) from the manufacturer web site.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 27, 2019
  3. no battery level icon on the taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please perform the below steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Step 1:

Click Notifications and actions. Click Select Which icons appear on the taskbar link.

Turn the switch next to Power icon to On position.

Step 2:

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Anusha Verma, Aug 27, 2019
  4. PaolaGF Win User

My Battery Icon showing power level disappeared! What do I do?

Battery level icon on taskbar

All of a sudden, the battery level icon has disappeared from my taskbar. Is it possible to put it back, and if so, how?

Thanks so much!

Paola

PaolaGF, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

My Battery Icon showing power level disappeared! What do I do?

1. My Battery Icon showing power level disappeared! What do I do? - Similar Threads - Battery Icon showing

2. What do I do when my Taskbar disappeared?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What do I do when my Taskbar disappeared?: Whenever I bring my cursor down to where the Taskbar is supposed to he at, it doesn't work at all. Whenever I try clicking on the space of where the Taskbar is supposed to be at the screen turns black for a few seconds before turning back on. The exact same thing happens when...
  3. What do I do when my Taskbar disappeared?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I do when my Taskbar disappeared?: Whenever I bring my cursor down to where the Taskbar is supposed to he at, it doesn't work at all. Whenever I try clicking on the space of where the Taskbar is supposed to be at the screen turns black for a few seconds before turning back on. The exact same thing happens when...
  4. What do I do when my Taskbar disappeared?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What should I do with my battery?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What should I do with my battery?: Help. Idk what to do to my laptop's battery. I found out a couple or few days ago that whenever I unplug my laptop from my charger, it dies. I'm kinda afraid it'll overcharge. Pls help me on what to do....
  6. What should I do with my battery?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do with my battery?: Help. Idk what to do to my laptop's battery. I found out a couple or few days ago that whenever I unplug my laptop from my charger, it dies. I'm kinda afraid it'll overcharge. Pls help me on what to do....
  7. What should I do with my battery?

8. Battery icon not showing correct level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery icon not showing correct level: Hello.The battery icon is designed in a way so it is showing much lower level than the procentage it shows when you mark the icon.example: the battery is at 48% and if you look at the icon only you would think that the level is 15-20%, with level at 20-25% it looks like the...
  9. Battery icon not showing correct level

Battery icon not showing correct level: Hello.The battery icon is designed in a way so it is showing much lower level than the procentage it shows when you mark the icon.example: the battery is at 48% and if you look at the icon only you would think that the level is 15-20%, with level at 20-25% it looks like the...
  10. 225% battery level but don't show the juice in the battery icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    225% battery level but don't show the juice in the battery icon: I just recently got my laptop fixed & got the new Windows 10 software installed. When I went to go use it everytime the battery is full charge, I unplug the charger, the computer always shuts off. Also when I booted it back up, it said my battery level is at 225%, plus...