Windows 10: my battery is not charging can anyone help

Discus and support my battery is not charging can anyone help in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My battery is currently sitting at 8% and is plugged in. If I unplug it from the mains, and then replug in it starts to charge then after 10 secs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Bee1210, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Bee1210 Win User

my battery is not charging can anyone help

My battery is currently sitting at 8% and is plugged in. If I unplug it from the mains, and then replug in it starts to charge then after 10 secs stops charging. Can any one help

:)

Bee1210, Nov 2, 2019

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Nov 2, 2019
  3. gordon99 Win User
    Battery plugged in but not charging.

Hello Bree & Callender, This morning I fiddled around trying to get the charger to work in the boot process by pressing F2 and the waiting for 10 minutes or so before continuing to log on. The amount of battery charge was still 5% which it was prior to all that. I did this because it was a suggestion from Dell as a possible solution. I then considered updating the BIOS as this is another Dell suggestion to overcome the battery not charging problem.

I then had another look at the adapter to confirm its output which is 130 Watts. Anyway, after an hour or so seemingly getting nowhere I noticed that the battery signal to the left ot the keyboard had lit up. I immediiatly checked the battery icon on the screen and found it was now showing that it was charging and 1 hour 31 minutes to full charge. I decided to leave everything as it was for a couple of hours after which time it was showing 100% charge on the battery.

Later on however I noticed that, although still showing 100% charge, the battery “connected but not charging” message was back. Needless to say I am even more flummoxed. I read all the links you posted Bree and found them very interesting. Nevertheless I am now wondering why the chargeing process had burst into and then died again. Someone, somewhere knows what’s happening I am sure.

gordon99, Nov 2, 2019
  4. my battery is not charging can anyone help

New battery not charging

I suggested uninstall, not re-install.

There's an extended version of those instructions - the same idea, but some additional steps.
    Shut down hte machine
    Remove the battery - run on AC power only
    Device Manager > Batteries
    Uninstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
    Shut down the machine

Remove AC power
    Wait 1 minte
    Insert Battery
    Connect AC power
    Start the machine

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery should be reinstalled when the machine is booting

But, the .3 volts might be significant - I agree with Kbird

Slartybart, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

my battery is not charging can anyone help

1. my battery is not charging can anyone help - Similar Threads - battery charging anyone

2. my battery not charge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my battery not charge: after last update my battery doesnt charge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-battery-not-charge/855c1c29-6999-4ca0-851f-28f0bdfecfe9
  3. my battery not charge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my battery not charge: after last update my battery doesnt charge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-battery-not-charge/855c1c29-6999-4ca0-851f-28f0bdfecfe9
  4. How can I get my battery to charge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get my battery to charge?: Battery is not charging even though it is plugged. It has been showing I only have 8% left. I get a message that says it does not recognize the adapter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-my-battery-to-charge/5ef8eac9-c647-4a9c-85b1-431320432187
  5. How can I get my battery to charge?

How can I get my battery to charge?: Battery is not charging even though it is plugged. It has been showing I only have 8% left. I get a message that says it does not recognize the adapter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-my-battery-to-charge/5ef8eac9-c647-4a9c-85b1-431320432187
  6. How can I get my battery to charge?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Battery wont charge on SurfacePro. HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery wont charge on SurfacePro. HELP!: Battery won't charge on my surface pro. Have just updated to Windows 11. Computer works when the charger is plugged in and battery shows a lightning bolt on the icon. However, it won't go above 0% and turns off as soon as I unplug the charger.Error showing in Device Manager...
  8. Battery wont charge on SurfacePro. HELP!

Battery wont charge on SurfacePro. HELP!: Battery won't charge on my surface pro. Have just updated to Windows 11. Computer works when the charger is plugged in and battery shows a lightning bolt on the icon. However, it won't go above 0% and turns off as soon as I unplug the charger.Error showing in Device Manager...
  9. Battery charging on my laptop

Battery charging on my laptop: I have an Asus vivo Pro laptop, and, yet AGAIN, after another windows update, I find myself looking for solutions for a battery net charging to 100 percent issue. Please Microsoft, stop screwing with my battery level settings or I will buy an Apple product. Windows 10 Sucks...
  10. my battery not charging

my battery not charging: battery not charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-battery-not-charging/1fd8afb6-cf88-4da6-8427-5f1bd56027a4