Windows 10: My battery is not working it says "plugged in" but its not charging, I have tried everything

Discus and support My battery is not working it says "plugged in" but its not charging, I have tried everything in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My battery is not working it says "plugged in" but its not charging, I have tried everything from uninstalling the ACPI- Compliant Control Method... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AashnaKumar, Mar 3, 2020.

1. My battery is not working it says "plugged in" but its not charging, I have tried everything

My battery is not working it says "plugged in" but its not charging, I have tried everything from uninstalling the ACPI- Compliant Control Method Battery to restarting and putting my computer upto date. I know its not my charger because the charger is working for my other computer. Please help this laptop is barely old

:)

AashnaKumar, Mar 3, 2020

2. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

My battery is not working it says "plugged in" but its not charging, I have tried everything pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, May 27, 2020
  3. gordon99 Win User
    Battery plugged in but not charging.

Hello Bree & Callender, This morning I fiddled around trying to get the charger to work in the boot process by pressing F2 and the waiting for 10 minutes or so before continuing to log on. The amount of battery charge was still 5% which it was prior to all that. I did this because it was a suggestion from Dell as a possible solution. I then considered updating the BIOS as this is another Dell suggestion to overcome the battery not charging problem.

I then had another look at the adapter to confirm its output which is 130 Watts. Anyway, after an hour or so seemingly getting nowhere I noticed that the battery signal to the left ot the keyboard had lit up. I immediiatly checked the battery icon on the screen and found it was now showing that it was charging and 1 hour 31 minutes to full charge. I decided to leave everything as it was for a couple of hours after which time it was showing 100% charge on the battery.

Later on however I noticed that, although still showing 100% charge, the battery “connected but not charging” message was back. Needless to say I am even more flummoxed. I read all the links you posted Bree and found them very interesting. Nevertheless I am now wondering why the chargeing process had burst into and then died again. Someone, somewhere knows what’s happening I am sure.

gordon99, May 27, 2020
  4. My battery is not working it says "plugged in" but its not charging, I have tried everything

battery charge bug

cheers mate, ive just treid that , my battery was fully charged so will see what happens when its down to around 9% and i plug in the charger...odd thing is i noted the driver for this application to be dated 20-06-2013, after deleting/unistalling it reinsatlled drivers dated 21-06-2006...tried to update but says i have latest installed...will wait to see what happens..ta

ok update, tried what was suggested but didnt work...still shows same message when plugged in to charge battery..

goofy gorilla, May 27, 2020
Thema:

My battery is not working it says "plugged in" but its not charging, I have tried everything

1. My battery is not working it says "plugged in" but its not charging, I have tried everything - Similar Threads - battery working says

2. Battery says plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery says plugged in but not charging: Hello, I have Windows 10 on a Thinkpad X270 and up until a few days ago I had no problems charging my two batteries. Now, however, Battery 2 will not charge beyond 3% and Battery 1 will charge only up to 53% and then it stops charging. I can not remove the battery from the...
  3. Battery not charging. Plugged in, not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery not charging. Plugged in, not charging: Hello, I am using HP pavilion 360 , it has been months since the message is reading "plugged in, not charging" and now the percentage has decreased to 75%. I have tried to reinstall Microsoft ACPI- Complaint Control Method Battery but it didn't work. Now what should I do?...
  4. Battery plugged in, not charging

Battery plugged in, not charging: I have my USB-C charging cable plugged into the charging port of my laptop. However, the batter icon on my bottom right says (when I moused over it) "5% available (plugged in, not charging). Can't solve this issue. Anyone with solution ? I am on Window 10 Pro, ThinkPad X1...
  5. Battery plugged in but not charging.

Battery plugged in but not charging.: I have recently noticed that the battery on my Dell Laptop, which runs on Windows 10. (64 bit) is not charging and displays the note "plugged in but not charging. I have read a number of possible easy solutions, none of which seem to work. The adapter and leads etc seem to be...
  6. When I plug in my computer everything is slow but the battery charging

When I plug in my computer everything is slow but the battery charging: the battery is charging fine but searching and playing on it while its charging is slow. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-plug-in-my-computer-everything-is-slow-but/2b157d29-7807-4cda-b972-b147e7b610eb
  7. battery plugged in not charging

battery plugged in not charging: My battery won't charge. Says plugged in not charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/battery-plugged-in-not-charging/88e70d57-e863-4a95-8925-9bf98ee0aa69
  8. Battery keeps saying "plugged in, not charging".

Battery keeps saying "plugged in, not charging".: So, as the title suggests, I keep getting that infamous error. However, it keeps happening. I have found some methods online of how to fix this as a one-time thing, but it keeps happening and heavily annoying me. The methods I use involve uninstalling the battery drivers...
  9. battery plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Customization
    battery plugged in but not charging: Status on laptop shows battery plugged in but not charging (battery is at 80%). When I disconnect the mains, the laptop shuts down....
  10. my battery is plugged in but it says not charging

in Windows 10 Customization
    my battery is plugged in but it says not charging: my battery is plugged in but it says not charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/my-battery-is-plugged-in-but-it-says-not-charging/208669e3-cde4-48ec-8950-3968843463e4