Windows 10: My BD-ROM Drive which takes compact disks dvd and blue ray isnt working after everything.

Discus and support My BD-ROM Drive which takes compact disks dvd and blue ray isnt working after everything. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I Have tried all of the solutions except deleting "registry keys?". Why. Would. You. Delete. Registry. Keys? Anyway It did work when i was using Win7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PaulAyers1, Jan 7, 2020.

1. My BD-ROM Drive which takes compact disks dvd and blue ray isnt working after everything.

I Have tried all of the solutions except deleting "registry keys?". Why. Would. You. Delete. Registry. Keys? Anyway It did work when i was using Win7 and Win8 and 8.1 also it was working with version 1809 but now im on 1909 and its not working. I am using a normal Pc. Here are my specs. Please help. My BD-ROM Drive which takes compact disks dvd and blue ray isnt working after everything. 8667e291-b956-42b9-b0bb-2dfc28a7ed19?upload=true.png

:)

PaulAyers1, Jan 7, 2020

2. Pioneer BD-RW BDR-203 cant read DVD and Blue-Ray disks

I got a drive Pioneer BD-RW BDR-203 but unfortunately I cant play DVD or Blue-Ray disks on it under W10. Eather I need to get some special software or something is wrong with the drive. Could you advise please?

KivaevVladimir, Jan 7, 2020
  3. malware Win User
    Lite-On BD-ROM Drive Hits Retail for $199

Good news for American Blu-ray fans. Philips & Lite-On Digital Solutions (PLDS) USA has announced that the DH-4O1S Blu-ray BD-ROM SATA drive will be available through retail outlets in the U.S. in late November at a suggested list price of $199.99. The new Lite-On DH-4O1S is the perfect all-in-one disc reading device for most popular media formats including Blu-ray Disc, DVD and CD discs. It reads BD-R/RE/ROM, Single-layer or Double-layer media at 4X maximum. Single Layer DVD ±R or DVD-ROM can be read at 12X max, while Double Layer DVD±R and Single Layer DVD±RW can be read at 8X max. CD-R/RW/ROM has a maximum read speed of 32X. The DH-4O1S BD-ROM retail pack comes with an extra silver bezel to match some computers, and a SATA cable for easy connection. Also included in the package is the latest Cyberlink Power DVD software for playback of Blu-ray disc media, DVD, or CD multi-media content.

My BD-ROM Drive which takes compact disks dvd and blue ray isnt working after everything. LiteON_DH-4O1S_thm.jpg

Source: CDRLabs

malware, Jan 7, 2020
  4. My BD-ROM Drive which takes compact disks dvd and blue ray isnt working after everything.

DVD/Blue Ray drive not recognised

Hello and thanks for the reply, here is an update, this was an install/upgrade from windows 7, so I presumed that all the required updates from windows were down loaded as required. Running "DriverAgent" has sugested that all drivers are upto date. The blue
    ray drive on windows 7 has been fine up until this point. Method 1 has been run with nothing sugested as an issue. Method 2. I get lost after point 3 this brings up "Program compatability Troubleshooter and the option to follow instructions, nothing to select
    drivers and install.

Following the link to update drivers suggests to run "wuapp" this brings up a dialogue box that says windows cannot find wuapp, so that does not work!

Device manager shows no yellow triangles.

I removed the drive and tried it in my pc I use for day to day also on windows 10 and the ASUS BC-12B1ST drive was recognised. I don't have a spare Blue Ray drive so tried a normal dvd drive in the pc that would not see the bule ray. After reboot it saw
    the dvd drive and payed a dvd. Replacing with the blue ray drive it did not see it, so I powered down and changed the sata port. On powering up the pc did a couple more updates and the drive was now seen in device manager. Very fustrating and I wasted a whole
    afternoon on the exercise. So all was good?

Saturday night is movie night and a new blue ray disk loaded for the evening, all was well until 1 hour into the film when the sound started becoming intermittent and then the picture blocky, then the famous but new "blue screen of death" and the pc crashed
    and then rebooted. Very disapointing and no real explanation.

I have checked the ASUS web site to see if there is a firmware update for the drive and there appears not to be one it is version 1.02, the driver which microsoft says is up to date is 21 June 06 10.0.10586.0 sound a bit old to me.

I am using cyberlink Power DVD 15 to play Blue Ray because the operation system does not support blue ray as far as I am aware?

I am happy to send any log file though someone will need to tell me how to.

Any thoughts woud be apperciated.

MartinDavies, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

My BD-ROM Drive which takes compact disks dvd and blue ray isnt working after everything.

1. My BD-ROM Drive which takes compact disks dvd and blue ray isnt working after everything. - Similar Threads - ROM Drive takes

2. Windows 11 Recognizing Blu-ray Drive as CD/DVD-ROM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Recognizing Blu-ray Drive as CD/DVD-ROM: Hi,I take part of the blame of this as I bought a "cheap" Blu-ray drive, but this is driving me mad. Windows 11 recognizes the drive, but only as a CD/DVD-ROM. It recognizes CDs and DVDs, but not a Blu-ray. I've tried updating drivers through Windows but it insists the "best...
  3. Windows 11 Recognizing Blu-ray Drive as CD/DVD-ROM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Recognizing Blu-ray Drive as CD/DVD-ROM: Hi,I take part of the blame of this as I bought a "cheap" Blu-ray drive, but this is driving me mad. Windows 11 recognizes the drive, but only as a CD/DVD-ROM. It recognizes CDs and DVDs, but not a Blu-ray. I've tried updating drivers through Windows but it insists the "best...
  4. DVD Rom drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Rom drive: I need an external DVD Rom drive to play some older games. I have looked at several lists and the consumer comments but none of them specifically say anything about gaming. Am I making this to difficult? I have seen them say things like "DVD Rom compatible". I bought...
  5. Install windows 10 onto a bootable Blue Ray or DVD disk not from a Blue Ray or DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install windows 10 onto a bootable Blue Ray or DVD disk not from a Blue Ray or DVD: Hi, I want to boot into windows 10 from a Blue Ray or DVD, not a Hard Drive. How can I install windows 10 OS on an optical disk and have it boot as if it was a hard drive? When I search, I get volumes on how to install to a hard drive from an optical disk, but nothing...
  6. Problem playing blu-ray disks in BD-Drive

Problem playing blu-ray disks in BD-Drive: Hey, all (winver says I'm using Windows 10 ver 1909 build 18363.778) Using win10 on a fairly powerful system (built it myself to be able to study 3DS Max). I have a standard BD-Rom drive. The problem: I can read DVDs as both video and data disks, no problem. I can put a...
  7. DVD rom drive

DVD rom drive: Why is it at times my dvd rom disappears? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-rom-drive/5323de53-2ce5-4c57-90d5-c899544812a9
  8. Extra BD Rom Drive

Extra BD Rom Drive: Hi. please advice why my computer appear to have more that 1 up to 16 BD -ROM drive. How do I remove that. Tq https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extra-bd-rom-drive/77962908-8383-4b50-8671-714d622ab818
  9. DVD/CD-ROM drives not working

DVD/CD-ROM drives not working: Will not play CD. I've tried Update driver, Uninstall driver, Disable driver, scan for a hardware change, restarted computer. Checked for Updates. DVD/CD-ROM drives show an error. does this relate to any past Windows updates?...
  10. DVD’s not recognized by Blu-ray Matshita BD-MLT UJ272Q

DVD’s not recognized by Blu-ray Matshita BD-MLT UJ272Q: Is there an updated driver for Matshita BD-MLT UJ272Q, windows 10 will not read the disk. tried un/re-installing from device manager and still does not read. the operating system shows the hardware/drive (i.e. assigned letter) in explorer but when disc (Bluray, audio, data)...