Windows 10: My .bin file opens with VLC

Discus and support My .bin file opens with VLC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I downloaded a file earlier that is in the .bin format but when I open it it opens with VLC? Is that normal or can I change it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sh3en, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Sh3en Win User

My .bin file opens with VLC

I downloaded a file earlier that is in the .bin format but when I open it it opens with VLC? Is that normal or can I change it?

:)

Sh3en, Sep 19, 2020
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

vlc is not opening

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue could occur when there are multiple VLC process trying to execute in the background or the player is corrupted, you can try the troubleshooting methods provided below to fix this issue.

Method 1: End duplicate process.

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key on your keyboard together, it will open task manager.
    2. Click on More details, if the task manager is open in minimal Window.
    3. Unser the Processes tab, search for VLC process.
    4. If you see multiple process Right click and Click on End Task for duplicate processes.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall VLC player.

If you still face the issue, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall VLC player by downloading the latest version from the manufacturer website.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Jan Del Win User
    recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

1. My .bin file opens with VLC - Similar Threads - bin file opens

2. Open .BIN file @ Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open .BIN file @ Win 11: I'm attempting to update my Samsung soundbar firmware using downloaded file HMS-Q600CWWO-1010.5.BIN, which I cannot open. Per Samsung's instructions: 'Unzip the downloaded upgrade file and copy the *.bin file to the root directory of the USBdrive'. I'm having no luck with...
  3. Open .BIN file @ Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open .BIN file @ Win 11: I'm attempting to update my Samsung soundbar firmware using downloaded file HMS-Q600CWWO-1010.5.BIN, which I cannot open. Per Samsung's instructions: 'Unzip the downloaded upgrade file and copy the *.bin file to the root directory of the USBdrive'. I'm having no luck with...
  4. File Explorer, folders, recycle bin not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer, folders, recycle bin not opening: I've tried several methods from scannow, to restarting windows explorer in the task manager, from ending its task to opening it in run task bar, I've Uninstalled everything, I've even factory resetted my laptop. I can't open a folder, file explorer, recycle bin, or any drive...
  5. files opening with vlc and not photos app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    files opening with vlc and not photos app: subject says it all, i can't right click and open with photos as it aint there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-opening-with-vlc-and-not-photos-app/35f91b23-5fd3-4456-8666-794f0300c3f0
  6. how to open a bin file

in Windows 10 Support
    how to open a bin file: i have a nvr security system and i got a new firmware to install but when i got the file it was zipped in a bin format, i clicked on that zip and it opened again into a bin file. how do i get this file so i can see what it is and know if it is the file i need for my nvr? i...
  7. VLC is not opening

VLC is not opening: My VLC is not opening. I tried to restart the computer, and install the latest version. But still not opening. I can see VLC is open in the task bar, but not showing the media window. Hope someone can help me out, thanks!...
  8. F1 now opens VLC...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    F1 now opens VLC...: I have been using W10 for several years now with no complaints. F1 is a very common key bind for me when playing games. About an hour ago I was playing a game that I play often, and pressing the F1 key opened Groove Music. I uninstalled Groove and now pressing F1 opens VLC....
  9. can't open bin files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't open bin files: I can't open Nikon camera firmware update bin files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-files/97081b44-35ad-44da-8c4b-5d6739cfad9f
  10. VLC open to Media Library

VLC open to Media Library: Thanks Berton & Werby. I'll live with the original setup. Open to playlist is close enough. Library is just a click away.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Vlc showing as bin file on my pc