Windows 10: My biometrics login via Windows Hello is not working

Discus and support My biometrics login via Windows Hello is not working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My fingerprint built-in sensor nor my Windows Hello fingerprint is not working, I can't even find it driver in device mangager, please help!... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DrakeNeutron, Jun 26, 2020.

1. My biometrics login via Windows Hello is not working

My fingerprint built-in sensor nor my Windows Hello fingerprint is not working, I can't even find it driver in device mangager, please help!

:)

DrakeNeutron, Jun 26, 2020
  2. marlvill Win User

Biometric - Window Hello (FingerPrint/Facial), Not showing main login

Hi,
    Been set it up facial recognition/fingerprint (windows hello) in our domain join machines (Windows 10 1607/1709). After Restarting or shutdown the machine, the options for both are not showing as options in first windows login screen. only the normal windows login. But after a normal login to windows, then both options for biometric login are active and working (lock and sign-out.) Is this is normal behavior now in windows 10 1607/1709??? In windows 10 1511, this is not the case.. hoping for your feedback. thanks

marlvill, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Windows hello facial recognition has stopped working,biometrics missing.

Window Hello facial recognition has stopped working .I have tried all the advice I can find on the web to fix it ,but have managed to remove the biometrics from the device manager list. I've searched for a replacement download but couldn't find anything.
    I'm using a Surface Pro 4. Any Suggestions?

Sunny100BT, Jun 26, 2020
  4. My biometrics login via Windows Hello is not working

Windows Hello & Pin Login NOT displaying on Login Screen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Sorry for the delay in response.

I appreciate your effort in trying to fix the issue with the missing features on login screen.

1. Which security software is installed on your device?
    2. Is your device connected to domain network?

Please try the below suggested steps and check if the required sign in options are available from login screen.

Enable sign-in using PIN from group Policy editor

1. Open Local Group Policy Editor. To do so, type gpedit.msc
      in the run command (Windows + R key).
    2. Navigate to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon.
    3. In the right pane, double click on Turn on convenience PIN sign-in policy
      to edit it.
    4. Select Enabled option from Turn on convenience PIN sign-in window.
    5. Click on Apply, OK and close the window.
    6. Restart the device and check if the sign-in using PIN is available on the login screen.

Enable sign into Windows 10 using Biometrics from Local Group Policy editor

1. Open Local Group Policy Editor. To do so, type gpedit.msc
      in the run command (Windows + R key).
    2. Navigate to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Biometrics.
    3. In the right pane of Biometrics, double click on Allow users to log on using biometrics.
    4. Select Enabled option from Allow users to log on using biometrics window.
    5. Click on Apply, OK and close the window.
    6. Restart the device and check if the sign in using Biometrics is available on the login screen.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

My biometrics login via Windows Hello is not working

1. My biometrics login via Windows Hello is not working - Similar Threads - biometrics login via

2. How to get biometrics windows hello working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get biometrics windows hello working?: I have a dell latitude 5300 2 in 1 which supposedly supports windows hello and has a fingerprint scanner but my laptop says "we can't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello". and the same for face recognition. I have tried restarting in Windows Biometrics on...
  3. How to get biometrics windows hello working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get biometrics windows hello working?: I have a dell latitude 5300 2 in 1 which supposedly supports windows hello and has a fingerprint scanner but my laptop says "we can't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello". and the same for face recognition. I have tried restarting in Windows Biometrics on...
  4. How to get biometrics windows hello working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to get biometrics windows hello working?

6. Biometric Login not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Biometric Login not working: I have my fingerprints setup for my laptops login but whenever I try to use it my laptop just says that I require to use my laptops set password instead, does anyone know how I can change it to work with biometrics?Some background:I was running a free trial of Avira Prime and...
  7. Biometric Login not working

Biometric Login not working: I have my fingerprints setup for my laptops login but whenever I try to use it my laptop just says that I require to use my laptops set password instead, does anyone know how I can change it to work with biometrics?Some background:I was running a free trial of Avira Prime and...
  8. Biometric Login not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Biometric - Window Hello (FingerPrint/Facial), Not showing main login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Biometric - Window Hello (FingerPrint/Facial), Not showing main login: Hi, Been set it up facial recognition/fingerprint (windows hello) in our domain join machines (Windows 10 1607/1709). After Restarting or shutdown the machine, the options for both are not showing as options in first windows login screen. only the normal windows login. But...
  10. Biometric - Window Hello (FingerPrint/Facial), Not showing main login

in Windows 10 Support
    Biometric - Window Hello (FingerPrint/Facial), Not showing main login: Hi, Been set it up facial recognition/fingerprint (windows hello) in our domain join machines (Windows 10 1607/1709). After Restarting or shutdown the machine, the options for both are not showing as options in first windows login screen. only the normal windows login. But...