Windows 10: My BIOS auto updated, could Windows do that?

Discus and support My BIOS auto updated, could Windows do that? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm a bit concerned that my PC might have some malicious software installed on it. Last night as I tuned on my laptop, that I saw was my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BiosUpdateAnswerSeeker, Jun 18, 2019.

1. My BIOS auto updated, could Windows do that?

Hi all,

I'm a bit concerned that my PC might have some malicious software installed on it.
    Last night as I tuned on my laptop, that I saw was my motherboard menu saying that it is updating my BIOS. The update completed and then Windows started normally.

After all these years with Windows, I have never ever seen that. So this is why I'm suspicious.

I've checked my latest Windows update - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4465065/kb4465065-intel-microcode-updates witch sounds like something that somehow might do that? But that update was installed 4 days ago, long enough before that BIOS update.

As might have guessed, my laptop is using Intels 8th gen processor.

So should I be worried? Is it possible for Windows to do that? I no longer trust my machine, because of that.

:)

BiosUpdateAnswerSeeker, Jun 18, 2019
  2. BAGZZlash Win User

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Jun 18, 2019
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Jun 18, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

My BIOS auto updated, could Windows do that?

Microsoft Auto-Updates Components of Windows Without User Permission

The nine files that are updated all have to do with the Auto-Updater itself.
    The article lists them all. No big deal.

I run auto-update anyway, so BRING ON THE NEW UPDATES !!!
    I have yet to experience any problems from MS updates on my XP network.

Kreij, Jun 18, 2019
Thema:

My BIOS auto updated, could Windows do that?

1. My BIOS auto updated, could Windows do that? - Similar Threads - BIOS auto updated

2. I can't update my BIOS !

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't update my BIOS !: Hi, when I tried to update my BIOS, I get this error. What can I do about this ? https://imgur.com/9AIxfMj https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-update-my-bios/e8f8d78c-01aa-4483-9cd4-73e33d420755
  3. BIOS password used for winlogon auto login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BIOS password used for winlogon auto login: I have heard that it is somehow possible to pass the BIOS hardware boot password on to Windows and have winlogon auto login a user based on the password obtained from BIOS. Does anyone know how this can be accomplished? I'm speculating that BIOS may leave credentials in EFI...
  4. Windows auto update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows auto update: Windows did an auto update and I lost everything. Have no clue what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-auto-update/0e69725a-8c60-4f77-92d7-bc182f9ff59f
  5. Could there be a problem with my PC after a BIOS update?

Could there be a problem with my PC after a BIOS update?: Earlier today, I opened the task manager and I thought I ended the Windows Explorer task but I must've clicked something by mistake because my screen went black and, after I closed Chrome, I just had a black screen and cursor. I held the power button to shut down my PC. When...
  6. windows Auto Update

windows Auto Update: when i check the update history i see one update is failed to install. its showing, "Last failed install attempt on ‎12/‎21/‎2018 - 0x80070643", " Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for 64-based Systems (KB4041994) (25)" what may be the issue?? Archana....
  7. Windows auto updates

Windows auto updates: Why does Windows auto update version 1803 when I have version 1704 and I cannot stop it? Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-auto-updates/2fc29423-95cc-486a-96bc-523dc5dc7176
  8. WINDOWS UPDATE UPGRADE MY BIOS AND ITS STUCK

WINDOWS UPDATE UPGRADE MY BIOS AND ITS STUCK: I just brought asus FX504GD. And i run windows update to update it. But, when i restart my laptop it goes to Bios Upgrade screen. And it seems not going anywhere. I wont turn it off because the message say so. What am i gonna do now. Its been an hours....
  9. sql server service could not start after auto update windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    sql server service could not start after auto update windows 10: Hi sir I have an issue in my local PC after auto update windows 10, Ms SQL Server 2014 could not be started. and I have checked server, service could not be started. Error Message is windows could not start sql server(sqlexpress) service on lodal computererror 1053 the...
  10. How do I update my BIOS?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I update my BIOS?: Dear All, I am totally new to BIOS upgrading so please ignore if my question sounds too stupid. My current BIOS version is v1708- 24/10/2013. When I checked my mobo's support site, i found that there are at least 6 versions of the BIOS that got released after v1708- the...