Windows 10: My BIOS auto updated, could Windows do that?

Discus and support My BIOS auto updated, could Windows do that? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm a bit concerned that my PC might have some malicious software installed on it. Last night as I tuned on my laptop, that I saw was my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BiosUpdateAnswerSeeker, Jun 18, 2019.

1. My BIOS auto updated, could Windows do that?

Hi all,

I'm a bit concerned that my PC might have some malicious software installed on it.
    Last night as I tuned on my laptop, that I saw was my motherboard menu saying that it is updating my BIOS. The update completed and then Windows started normally.

After all these years with Windows, I have never ever seen that. So this is why I'm suspicious.

I've checked my latest Windows update - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4465065/kb4465065-intel-microcode-updates witch sounds like something that somehow might do that? But that update was installed 4 days ago, long enough before that BIOS update.

As might have guessed, my laptop is using Intels 8th gen processor.

So should I be worried? Is it possible for Windows to do that? I no longer trust my machine, because of that.

:)

BiosUpdateAnswerSeeker, Jun 18, 2019
  2. BAGZZlash Win User

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Jun 18, 2019
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Jun 18, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

My BIOS auto updated, could Windows do that?

Microsoft Auto-Updates Components of Windows Without User Permission

The nine files that are updated all have to do with the Auto-Updater itself.
    The article lists them all. No big deal.

I run auto-update anyway, so BRING ON THE NEW UPDATES !!!
    I have yet to experience any problems from MS updates on my XP network.

Kreij, Jun 18, 2019
Thema:

My BIOS auto updated, could Windows do that?

1. My BIOS auto updated, could Windows do that? - Similar Threads - BIOS auto updated

2. The TPM could not be initialized after BIOS update

in Windows 10 News
    The TPM could not be initialized after BIOS update: [ATTACH]If after a BIOS update on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, and you boot your system but after the BIOS splash screen you receive the error message The TPM could not be initialized which prevents you from either continuing to boot the OS or getting to setup...
  3. Do i need to update my BIOS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do i need to update my BIOS?: Hi there,this is a problem i've been having of late that is not constant but rather intermittent.Basically, turned the machine on a few weeks back, nothing appeared on screen, just the "No Signal" message.It happened the day after i had updated to Nvidia driver 496.76 update...
  4. Do i need to update my BIOS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do i need to update my BIOS?: Hi there,this is a problem i've been having of late that is not constant but rather intermittent.Basically, turned the machine on a few weeks back, nothing appeared on screen, just the "No Signal" message.It happened the day after i had updated to Nvidia driver 496.76 update...
  5. Do i need to update my BIOS?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Device manager auto updates into faulty bios

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device manager auto updates into faulty bios: Hi, I could really use some help. Last night, I opened up device manager and updated everything on there without realizing firmware and bios are the same things. So, I updated the firmware in the device manager then it required me to restart my computer. After shutting...
  7. Windows 10 Auto Bios Update Driving Me Crazy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Auto Bios Update Driving Me Crazy: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/girlfights [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dwuk0x/windows_10_auto_bios_update_driving_me_crazy/
  8. Auto Bios dwnld and install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto Bios dwnld and install: while my asus laptop was updateing my system (MS 10) the screen went dark for a period of time and i pressed the space bar to see if the install was finished, I immediatlly got a info screen telling me my Bios was being updated, and warned "dont turn off power", im not new...
  9. Could there be a problem with my PC after a BIOS update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Could there be a problem with my PC after a BIOS update?: Earlier today, I opened the task manager and I thought I ended the Windows Explorer task but I must've clicked something by mistake because my screen went black and, after I closed Chrome, I just had a black screen and cursor. I held the power button to shut down my PC. When...
  10. How do I update my BIOS?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I update my BIOS?: Dear All, I am totally new to BIOS upgrading so please ignore if my question sounds too stupid. My current BIOS version is v1708- 24/10/2013. When I checked my mobo's support site, i found that there are at least 6 versions of the BIOS that got released after v1708- the...