Windows 10: My Bitlocker encryption is stuck at 5% and i cannot pause it or restart it. Please Help!

Discus and support My Bitlocker encryption is stuck at 5% and i cannot pause it or restart it. Please Help! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So i wanted to dualboot into ubuntu because its better to code there etc and my drive is bitlocker secured. So i disabled it in settings it started to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chris Pc, Nov 8, 2023.

1. Chris Pc Win User

My Bitlocker encryption is stuck at 5% and i cannot pause it or restart it. Please Help!

So i wanted to dualboot into ubuntu because its better to code there etc and my drive is bitlocker secured. So i disabled it in settings it started to go well. After almost 15 hours its still at the same percent as i felt asleep. I dont know what to do now so please help me! oh and btw i just noticed it has 0% disk use atm check picture 2

:)

Chris Pc, Nov 8, 2023
  2. James Win User

Bitlocker Stuck Decrypting

@rinconmike For future reference, instead of using the TASK MANAGER to restart, you can simply hold CTRL + SHIFT and right click on blank space on the Task bar, to bring up 'Exit Explorer'. Another option is to use software.
    From m3datarecovery Download Instructions
    From m3datarecovery - *Smile

James, Nov 8, 2023
  3. Bitlocker stuck at 11.5% encryption

Hello, I'm attempting to enable Bitlocker encryption on an external hard drive, but it will not proceed further than 11.5%.

Technical details:

• Windows 10 Pro
    • Seagate 1TB external HDD
    So far I've tried:

• chkdsk /r in elevated cmd
    • chkdsk /f in elevated cmd
    • Pausing, then resuming through the Bitlocker GUI
    • manage-bde pause, manage-bde resume, , manage-bde cancel, both in elevated cmd
    • Restarting (over 5 times)
    • Leaving it running for >6 hrs
    • Swapping USB port used for the drive
    • Decrypting, then re-encrypting (twice)
    Chkdsk reveals that there is one bad sector on the drive. I've deleted the file on that sector and rebooted, however it's still detecting that sector in the drive's recycling bin (and rebooting hasn't cleared it out). Chkdsk does not run any action to correct that and says no actions are needed at this time. I also run Hard Disk Sentinel by Janos Mathe, it reports the drive's health as 99% with 1 weak sector.

TheDustyBronco, Nov 8, 2023
  4. Mackereth Win User

My Bitlocker encryption is stuck at 5% and i cannot pause it or restart it. Please Help!

Bitlocker Paused Problem

I started encrypting a USB HDD and had to put BitLocker on pause at about 2% using the pause button. When I tried to continue Bitlocker says that the process is still paused and I can't get it to restart. The HDD is now locked with BitLocker. I have tried
    the commands suggested using the command prompt to disable it but just get an error message about being unable to access the drive. I am on a works pc and don't have admin rights. Is it possible to transfer the USB HDD to another PC and try the disable command
    or will it only work on the pc Bitlocker was started on?

Mackereth, Nov 8, 2023
Thema:

1. My Bitlocker encryption is stuck at 5% and i cannot pause it or restart it. Please Help! - Similar Threads - Bitlocker encryption stuck

2. Bitlocker Encryption paused and returns error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Encryption paused and returns error: Hi my bit locker is paused and now when i started to resume its stating an error that device is not ready i have already used the CMD commands to resume but the same error can anyone please help me on this Windows version is...
  3. Bitlocker Encryption paused and returns error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Encryption paused and returns error: Hi my bit locker is paused and now when i started to resume its stating an error that device is not ready i have already used the CMD commands to resume but the same error can anyone please help me on this Windows version is...
  4. Bitlocker Encryption paused and returns error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My Bitlocker encryption is stuck at 5% and i cannot pause it or restart it. Please Help!

My Bitlocker encryption is stuck at 5% and i cannot pause it or restart it. Please Help!: So i wanted to dualboot into ubuntu because its better to code there etc and my drive is bitlocker secured. So i disabled it in settings it started to go well. After almost 15 hours its still at the same percent as i felt asleep. I dont know what to do now so please help me!...
  6. BITLOCKER HELP PLEASE "The BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BITLOCKER HELP PLEASE "The BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your...: I had encrypted a 1 tb external hard disk using bitlocker on an older laptop which runs windows 10 pro.i had been accessing the same hard disk on my newer laptop which runs windows 11 home, and i used to enter the password and it used to work.everything was fine, but...
  7. BITLOCKER HELP PLEASE "The BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your...

BITLOCKER HELP PLEASE "The BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your...: I had encrypted a 1 tb external hard disk using bitlocker on an older laptop which runs windows 10 pro.i had been accessing the same hard disk on my newer laptop which runs windows 11 home, and i used to enter the password and it used to work.everything was fine, but...
  8. Encryption stuck on paused after encryption has started

Encryption stuck on paused after encryption has started: I'm sure you might think this has been asked numerous times but I feel this is more of a unique case... So just a bit of background: 1. Enterprise environment with Windows 10 1803 2. Machines are built using a task sequence in SCCM CB 1710 (in process of upgrading) 3....
  9. Encryption stuck on Paused (intermittent)

Encryption stuck on Paused (intermittent): I'm sure you might think this has been asked numerous times but I feel this is more of a unique case... So just a bit of background: 1. Enterprise environment with Windows 10 1803 2. Machines are built using a task sequence in SCCM CB 1710 (in process of upgrading) 3....
  10. Cannot resume bitlocker encryption after restart

Cannot resume bitlocker encryption after restart: I was trying to encrypt my USB external hard drive (1 TB, mounted to E*Smile using BitLocker, and after the encryption got 10.1% finished, I accidentally shut down the computer. After restarting, I tried to resume the encryption, but it gives me an error: "Encryption could...