Windows 10: My Bitlocker Recovery Key ID has changed! How can I get a new Recovery Key?

Discus and support My Bitlocker Recovery Key ID has changed! How can I get a new Recovery Key? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I had the bitlocker system active on my Widnows 10 system which had a Bitlocker Recovery Key ID lets call it Key ID 1 from now on. I had the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RRRRRRRRRRRRWQ, Jan 15, 2020.

1. My Bitlocker Recovery Key ID has changed! How can I get a new Recovery Key?

Hi,

I had the bitlocker system active on my Widnows 10 system which had a Bitlocker Recovery Key ID lets call it Key ID 1 from now on. I had the Recovery Key which was related to theKey ID 1. Then I disabled my bitlocker system and afterwards reactivated it again.

By doing so, the system locked me out the blue page where it shows the Key ID and asks the user to enter the Recovery Key. When I tried to enter my Recovery Key I noticed thatmy Key ID has changed hence this is Key ID 2. Therefore, the Recovery Key I have does not work since it does not match theKey ID 2!

Someone suggested that I can find the Recovery Key by logging in into my MS account. I shuold say:

This is a company Windows installation and our admin cannot find this Key ID string in our company registed account! The registery of our company still shows theKey ID 1 and notKey ID 2!That is why I asked how I our admin can produce aRecovery Key for Key ID 2. Is there a page or something that they can login and enter the Key ID to get the Recovery Key related to that ID? if so, could you please point me to the correct place."

The help I am looking for is "how to unlock my system" because I did not made a backup for a while and I have data that I do not want to lose otherwise I know installing a fresh Windows 10 version is always an option so please think beyond this.

I do appreciate if anyone can help me with this issue.

thanks.

:)

RRRRRRRRRRRRWQ, Jan 15, 2020

2. bitlocker key id recovery

Hi Jessen P

Thank you very much for your advice.

I did follow your suggestion but I can't get recovery key.

I got the below message.

You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys in your Microsoft account.

Next Step, What should I do?

Nam-PeunGカーンダー, Jan 15, 2020
  3. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 15, 2020
  4. My Bitlocker Recovery Key ID has changed! How can I get a new Recovery Key?

bitlocker recovery key

Hi Shafeeq,

Please find my answers to your questions below:

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key? - Yes, I am unable to even start my laptop unless I enter the recovery key.
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer? Nope
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key? Yes. I have a microsoft account and am able to login usually. But i am unable to login when I try to find the bitlocker recovery key.
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional? Windows 10 Home

When I on my laptop, there is a blue screen that asks me for bitlocker recovery key. I have tried asking my laptop company (Lenovo) and my institution both but no one has any answer to this. I have my bitlocker recovery ID number if that can help me find
    the recovery key.

Waiting eagerly for a response.

Thanks, and regards,

Shweta

Singh Shweta Rajkumar, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

My Bitlocker Recovery Key ID has changed! How can I get a new Recovery Key?

1. My Bitlocker Recovery Key ID has changed! How can I get a new Recovery Key? - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Recovery Key

2. How to find bitlocker recovery key with recovery key ID

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find bitlocker recovery key with recovery key ID: I have an LG gram laptop. For some reason today it opened to the bitlocker screen. I do not have any recollection of setting up bitlocker, nor do I have a key saved in my Microsoft account. The page is displaying a “recovery key ID” that it says can help identify my key, but...
  3. How to find bitlocker recovery key with recovery key ID

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find bitlocker recovery key with recovery key ID: I have an LG gram laptop. For some reason today it opened to the bitlocker screen. I do not have any recollection of setting up bitlocker, nor do I have a key saved in my Microsoft account. The page is displaying a “recovery key ID” that it says can help identify my key, but...
  4. How do I use my recovery key ID to get a Bitlocker recovery key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I use my recovery key ID to get a Bitlocker recovery key?: I tried booting up my PC and have been struggling to get into it as it is asking for a recovery key. I have gone to devices on my microsoft account and saw that there was no key. Went to Dell the manufacturer and tried entering in commands to figure it out, but have no clue...
  5. How do I use my recovery key ID to get a Bitlocker recovery key?

How do I use my recovery key ID to get a Bitlocker recovery key?: I tried booting up my PC and have been struggling to get into it as it is asking for a recovery key. I have gone to devices on my microsoft account and saw that there was no key. Went to Dell the manufacturer and tried entering in commands to figure it out, but have no clue...
  6. Retrieve bitlocker recovery key with my recovery key id

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieve bitlocker recovery key with my recovery key id: A433C8B0-9FF44553984A5B923D4A17F2 this my recovery key ID I use Windows 7 ultimate piracy disk not original one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieve-bitlocker-recovery-key-with-my-recovery/a1121af3-ec32-4a07-ae29-a42bdc9261bf
  7. Retrieve bitlocker recovery key with my recovery key id

Retrieve bitlocker recovery key with my recovery key id: A433C8B0-9FF44553984A5B923D4A17F2 this my recovery key ID I use Windows 7 ultimate piracy disk not original one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieve-bitlocker-recovery-key-with-my-recovery/a1121af3-ec32-4a07-ae29-a42bdc9261bf
  8. BitLocker Recovery Key and Key ID

BitLocker Recovery Key and Key ID: I have found my BitLocker Key Number, but what I would like to know is, what is and how do I find the 8 digit Key ID Number. Example:Device Name, Key ID, Recovery Key etc....
  9. How do I get BitLocker recovery key with my Key ID

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I get BitLocker recovery key with my Key ID: Good afternoon, My laptop Dell Inspiron suddenly crushed - after restarting it reads that the harddrive is not installed. It is asking for BitLocker Recovery key and below it provides 8 digits of Key ID. I never heard of BitLocker and I tried to access it through my...
  10. My Bitlocker Recovery Key ID has changed! How can I get a new Recovery Key?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Bitlocker Recovery Key ID has changed! How can I get a new Recovery Key?: Hi, I had the bitlocker system active on my Widnows 10 system which had a Bitlocker Recovery Key ID lets call it Key ID 1 from now on. I had the Recovery Key which was related to theKey ID 1. Then I disabled my bitlocker system and afterwards reactivated it again. By doing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker identifier changed