Windows 10: My BITLOCKER RECOVERY PROMPTS ME FOR THE KEY ON EVERY REBOOT. Why would it happen and how...

Discus and support My BITLOCKER RECOVERY PROMPTS ME FOR THE KEY ON EVERY REBOOT. Why would it happen and how... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why would it happen and how do I stop this from happening?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Brian Dickinson_69, Sep 12, 2018.

1. My BITLOCKER RECOVERY PROMPTS ME FOR THE KEY ON EVERY REBOOT. Why would it happen and how...

Why would it happen and how do I stop this from happening?

:)

Brian Dickinson_69, Sep 12, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Sep 12, 2018
  3. bitlocker key id recovery

Hi Jessen P

Thank you very much for your advice.

I did follow your suggestion but I can't get recovery key.

I got the below message.

You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys in your Microsoft account.

Next Step, What should I do?

Nam-PeunGカーンダー, Sep 12, 2018
  4. My BITLOCKER RECOVERY PROMPTS ME FOR THE KEY ON EVERY REBOOT. Why would it happen and how...

BitLocker recovery key

Hi Dan,

We understand that you're experiencing an issue related to Bitlocker.

Just to confirm, are you being asked for a Bitlocker recovery key from the lock screen after booting PC? If not, where are you exactly being asked for a Bitlocker recovery key?

Also, are you the only person that has an account on your device? Have you already done any troubleshooting steps to try to resolve the issue? If yes, what are these troubleshooting steps?

We'll be waiting for your confirmation.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

My BITLOCKER RECOVERY PROMPTS ME FOR THE KEY ON EVERY REBOOT. Why would it happen and how...

1. My BITLOCKER RECOVERY PROMPTS ME FOR THE KEY ON EVERY REBOOT. Why would it happen and how... - Similar Threads - BITLOCKER RECOVERY PROMPTS

2. Bitlocker recovery key prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker recovery key prompt: Hello,I was prompted for bitlocker recovery key when I tried to boot my windows 10 laptob recently 29th Jan, 2024.Did the recent security update trigger this for anyone else or is it alarming that my device could be compromised? I have run some scans and didn't find any...
  3. Bitlocker recovery key prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key prompt: Hello,I was prompted for bitlocker recovery key when I tried to boot my windows 10 laptob recently 29th Jan, 2024.Did the recent security update trigger this for anyone else or is it alarming that my device could be compromised? I have run some scans and didn't find any...
  4. Bitlocker recovery key prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Prompted for BitLocker recovery key every time I switch on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prompted for BitLocker recovery key every time I switch on my pc: I am prompted to enter Bitlocker Recovery Key everytime I switch on my computer. It did not used to happen before. I have Windows11 installed and have no idea what has caused it. After I entered my bitlocker key the first time, the windows did not load, so I had to reset kept...
  6. Prompted for BitLocker recovery key every time I switch on my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prompted for BitLocker recovery key every time I switch on my pc: I am prompted to enter Bitlocker Recovery Key everytime I switch on my computer. It did not used to happen before. I have Windows11 installed and have no idea what has caused it. After I entered my bitlocker key the first time, the windows did not load, so I had to reset kept...
  7. Prompt For Bitlocker Recovery Key For Secondary Internal HDD After Reboot

Prompt For Bitlocker Recovery Key For Secondary Internal HDD After Reboot: Have rebooted my laptop Dell G7 and drive D: secondary was not accessible until the Bitlocker Recovery Key was entered. It appears to be treating this drive as external with a Drive Type of "SDV" and not internal. As in the manage this device section the secondary drive is...
  8. Repeated prompt for bitlocker recovery key

Repeated prompt for bitlocker recovery key: Hi, anyone facing this problem recently of getting prompt to enter bitlocker recovery key? im using a ms surface pro6 and had to enter my recovery key every time i restarted my device over the last two days. Appreciate some help here. thanks!...
  9. Suddenly prompted for Bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Suddenly prompted for Bitlocker recovery key: Hi, I rebooted my Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10 Pro (latest updates), and out of the blue I was prompted for a Bitlocker recovery key. I assume this has to do with hard disk encryption, but I have never enabled this. I just clicked continue to Windows 10 and everything...
  10. BitLocker recovery key prompt on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BitLocker recovery key prompt on startup: Hello Support, My Dell Inspiron 15 does not have a TPM and still I am being asked for a recovery key every time I start my laptop all of a sudden. I have to retype the recovery key every time I start the lappy. Can anyone help. Thanks, Kala...