Windows 10: My Black Screen is worse than your Black Screen....

Discus and support My Black Screen is worse than your Black Screen.... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Pardon my verbosity, but I want to make sure myself clear. My computer is your basic homebrew office desktop: Asus H87-M-E MB with Intel Core i5-4430... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RoyFeni, Mar 13, 2016.

1. RoyFeni Win User

My Black Screen is worse than your Black Screen....

Pardon my verbosity, but I want to make sure myself clear.
    My computer is your basic homebrew office desktop: Asus H87-M-E MB with Intel Core i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GHz, 8 GB RAM in a Cooler Master Case the size of a doghouse. No neon or gaming stuff, but it worked perfectly. Then Windows 10 suddenly refused to boot, stopping at a black screen. My Windows 10 repair DVD, which always worked perfectly, couldn't boot the machine. Just a black screen. Neither could the installation disk; it gave me a picture of a window, some energetically swirling dots and then a black screen. Meanwhile, since the system was dual-boot with Linux Mint, I could get online that way to look for help. (As much as I hate Linux, I have to admit it worked perfectly through the whole mess.)
    Finally I reinstalled Windows 7, which booted from its install disk just fine. To avoid losing the 20-odd years worth of music, programs, videos and documents I've accumulated, I installed the Windows 7 in a different directory than my old Windows 10. After it was working, I found that my old boot disk wasn't showing in File Manager. I had to find it in Disk Management, assign it a drive letter and tell File Manager to show empty disks just to see that it was now totally, completely empty. Various disk tools found no errors on it, Disk Management proclaimed it 'healthy' but it's empty!
    Now what I am trying to figure out is whether or not I can blame Windows 10 for my problems. I liked it fine, when it worked. Is it Windows 10's fault my old C: drive is blank? Can I safely upgrade to Windows 10 now, and start all over again. I don't want to miss the window for the free upgrade.
    Why didn't Windows 10 install when everything else could? Is my blank boot disk related to my black screen?*Think

:)

RoyFeni, Mar 13, 2016
  2. LCRT Win User

black screen

How can it be worse than having a black screen? Please explain your problem properly, nobody can guess what you are talking about.

3. Windows 10 Black Screen

Ok so no lockhostapp.exe in details tab. This is a new download thats even worse than last time. I regret trying this again. Tried to do system file checker. Couldnt figure itnout before the screen went black. Restarted cpu and this time it didnt go black.
    Now I have my desktop flashing on and off. This is absurd really disappointed

RobertVires, Mar 13, 2016
Thema:

My Black Screen is worse than your Black Screen....

1. My Black Screen is worse than your Black Screen.... - Similar Threads - Black Screen worse

2. Laptop Black Screen and Browser Black Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Black Screen and Browser Black Screen: I bought a laptop but my browser and my laptop screen keeps on blacking out and the people who sold me on Lenovo Concept Store Festival Mall & PC Express didn't fix the problem. Is it the laptop or an OS problem? Coz Im not getting a good resolution from their CS people...
  3. Laptop Black Screen and Browser Black Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Black Screen and Browser Black Screen: I bought a laptop but my browser and my laptop screen keeps on blacking out and the people who sold me on Lenovo Concept Store Festival Mall & PC Express didn't fix the problem. Is it the laptop or an OS problem? Coz Im not getting a good resolution from their CS people...
  4. Black Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen: I am getting the black screen after I log on to my user account admin account as well. I have researched the various solutions to this to no avail. I also get to the black screen on safe mode both with/without networking. I have tried all the recovery solutions in the...
  5. black screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    black screen: my laptop does not show anything on my screen it’s just black screen but the power button light is on but it’s just black screen. what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen/9a3b9456-989a-4188-947a-20901d10ee5e
  6. Black Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Screen: Hey, My Windows 10 S Keeps Showing Black Screen While A Sound Plays And All I See Is My Mouse, Its Annoying, I Updated Like 3 Days Ago.. Any Ideas? corgiking https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen/40bdf6fc-87b4-41c3-a773-b2fd1a612c78
  7. black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    black screen: i have a win 10 laptop. sometimes, my screen becomes black for around 1 sec and then gets restored. what could be the problem. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen/6b7d69f8-11b9-497c-bf96-14a1a96b41ba
  8. Windows 10 black screen with cursor. Worse than you think

Windows 10 black screen with cursor. Worse than you think: I have a Lenovo Yoga laptop that is stuck in a WIndows 10 boot loop. When I boot to recovery Startup repair, after the loading screen with windows logo, it goes to black screen with no cursor. When I touch the screen, I can spawn the cursor. The cursor can go off the edge...
  9. Black screen with bigger than normal cursor

Black screen with bigger than normal cursor: Model: Lenovo Legion L530 8gb ram Hdd 1tb 7200rpm Core i5 8300h Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti My laptop updated almost a month ago to windows 10 1903 In the last days my laptop has been working great, relatively fast boot times, hard drive not going to 100%, etc. But last...
  10. My screen is Black

in Windows 10 Support
    My screen is Black: So I have a problem... 1) my laptop runs windows 10 and has a broken screen so it's been running through HDMI too my TV 2) it sometimes just freezes for no reason and I can't do nothing but restart 3) Now when I restart it restarts to a blank login screen and the mouse...