Windows 10: My Blu Ray player not recognised

Discus and support My Blu Ray player not recognised in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Blu Ray is connected to my laptop via HDMI but it is not shown anywhere as a device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rickety1940, Jan 13, 2019.

1. My Blu Ray player not recognised

My Blu Ray is connected to my laptop via HDMI but it is not shown anywhere as a device

:)

rickety1940, Jan 13, 2019
  2. swarfega Win User
    swarfega, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Blu-Ray player not playing

I have a new build of a Windows 10 desktop. I am trying to play a blu-ray disc using VLC player. The region is set to Region 1 in the properties of the drive on device manager. VLC brings up a window stating "This Disc will not play due to the region code
    setting of the player".

It is a region A blu-ray disc. In the properties, everything about the drive is referred to as CD or DVD and the region code has to be entered as a number, which is for DVD. I have tried uninstalling and restarting, and the driver that gets reloaded is HL-DT-ST
    BD-RE WH14NS40.

I see no way to enter the region code in letter form which is the format for blu-ray.

Is there a way to change the 'device description' from CD-ROM Drive to Blu-Ray Drive?

The player is definitely a blu-ray player and plays discs that are region-free, but will not play a blu-ray disc for region A.

user4598QW, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Berton Win User

My Blu Ray player not recognised

anyone heard of this blu-ray software Leawo player

This review may help:
    Leawo Blu-ray Player Review - Software Review Boffin

Berton, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

My Blu Ray player not recognised

1. My Blu Ray player not recognised - Similar Threads - Blu Ray player

2. Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays: Hi I am trying to figure out if this is a hardware or software issue. I have Pioneer BD-2212. It worked twice and now it the drive won't play blu rays or show anything in the drive. I can hear the drive working. Device manager lists that it is working properly. I have windows...
  3. Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays: Hi I am trying to figure out if this is a hardware or software issue. I have Pioneer BD-2212. It worked twice and now it the drive won't play blu rays or show anything in the drive. I can hear the drive working. Device manager lists that it is working properly. I have windows...
  4. Blu-ray disk player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blu-ray disk player: What is the purpose of connecting a Blu-ray disk player to the internet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blu-ray-disk-player/92b29721-7839-41b0-943a-d51020da0a02
  5. Blu ray player not working

Blu ray player not working: Recently reset my laptop, I now cant play DVD's or Blu Ray discs on my computer, tried searching for drivers but with no success. Does anyone have a resolution for this????? TIA...
  6. Blu-ray player and windows media player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blu-ray player and windows media player: I recently bought a blu ray player with a usb connector so I could play videos through my laptop as well. The file types say they are all Windows Media Player, however when I load up the video Windows Media Player gives me an error that says the windows media player might not...
  7. How to Play Blu-ray on Windows 10 with U2USoft Blu-ray Player?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Play Blu-ray on Windows 10 with U2USoft Blu-ray Player?: Microsoft just announced the newest version of Windows. It's called Windows 10. Yes, there's no Windows 9 — Microsoft has decided to skip a digit in search of the perfect name. More importantly, Windows 10 will be a single operating system that finally spans all of...
  8. Optiarc BD5600s Blu ray player

Optiarc BD5600s Blu ray player: I have a HP touchsmart 600 pc which I have just upgraded to Windows 10 pro. Unfortunately my Otiarc BD5600s blu ray is no longer recognised by the computer. What do I need to do to get it recognised again....
  9. Access drive on blu-ray player

in Windows 10 Support
    Access drive on blu-ray player: Hi, We have a blu-ray player that's attached to our network, I can see it in Devices and Printers but can't access it in Windows Explorer. It has an external hard drive attached and it would be cool if I could access it from my computer. Think it's possible? 110323
  10. Best free Blu-Ray disc player?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best free Blu-Ray disc player?: What is the best free Blu-Ray video disc player for Windows 10? Thank you for your help. 39652