Windows 10: My Bluetooth button and radio is missing. I cant connect to any devices

Discus and support My Bluetooth button and radio is missing. I cant connect to any devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; please let me know why this is happening.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Aaron0301, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Aaron0301 Win User

My Bluetooth button and radio is missing. I cant connect to any devices

please let me know why this is happening.

:)

Aaron0301, Jan 25, 2021

2. Bluetooth devices will not connect

Hello Jean57sn, my name is Irisdiel and I am an independent advisor.

Down below I'm going to provide you with steps and instructions on how to help you with your issue which was listed by Lenovo Support to best help you.

Make sure your computer has the necessary hardware and that wireless is turned on. Bluetooth requires both hardware and software to work. Not all wireless networking hardware supports Bluetooth.

Method 1:

Step 1: Enable Bluetooth radio If Bluetooth is not turned on it may not show up in your control panel or device manager. We first need to enable the Bluetooth radio Press the key or button to enable your wireless adapter. This key may be the, F8 or Press Fn+F5
    (or F5).

Step 2: Check the Bluetooth drivers

Click Start and search for "Device Manager"

Look for all Bluetooth listings by opening the Network Adapters category and the Bluetooth Radios category (if available). If you can't find any Bluetooth listings under Network adapter and Bluetooth radios proceed to next step B

Make sure the driver has no Yellow exclamation mark or Down arrow sign

- Yellow Mark = The Bluetooth hardware is not responding or set up correctly. Updating or reinstalling Bluetooth drivers may correct this problem

- Down Arrow= Bluetooth is disabled. Right-click the device and select Enable to turn on Bluetooth.

Method 2: Enable Discovery Mode

Click Start and search for "Change Bluetooth"

From the Options tab, select Allow Bluetooth device to find this computer, and make sure Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer is selected.

Click OK and try to connect to your device. If problems persist, continue to the next step.

Method 3: Update Bluetooth Drivers

Click Start and type "Device Manager"

In Device Manager locate the Bluetooth adapter. Right-click and select Update Driver Software,

Select Search automatically for updated driver software, and then follow the rest of the steps.

Then...

Click Start and type "Device Manager"

In Device Manager locate the Bluetooth adapter. Select Uninstall

Restart your machine and Windows will automatically install the driver after you logged in

I also suggest you refer to Lenovo support down below as this issue has to do with Microsoft for best support:

URL:
    https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht50...

Thank you and good luck,

Regards- .

Irisdiel H, Jan 25, 2021
  3. malware Win User
    Bluetooth Technology Gets Faster With Bluetooth 3.0

From its annual All Hands Meeting in Tokyo this week, the Bluetooth SIG formally adopted Bluetooth Core Specification Version 3.0 + High Speed (HS), or Bluetooth 3.0. This latest iteration of the popular short-range wireless technology fulfills the consumers' need for speed while providing the same wireless Bluetooth experience – faster. Manufacturers of consumer electronics and home entertainment devices can now build their products to send large amounts of video, music and photos between devices wirelessly at speeds consumers expect.
    Bluetooth 3.0 gets its speed from the 802.11 radio protocol. The inclusion of the 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL) provides increased throughput of data transfers at the approximate rate of 24 Mbps. In addition, mobile devices including Bluetooth 3.0 + HS will realize increased power savings due to enhanced power control built in.

"Like Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights, this latest version was 'born to go fast,' said Mike's Blog, Ph.D., executive director of the Bluetooth SIG. "Utilizing the 802.11 radio was a natural choice as it provides efficiencies for both our members and consumers – members get more function out of the two radios they are already including in devices, and consumers with Bluetooth 3.0 + HS products will get faster exchange of information without changing how they connect. We are excited to expand the possibilities of the PAN."

This newest version of Bluetooth technology builds on the inherent qualities of the current 2.1 + EDR version, including Simple Secure Pairing and built-in, automatic security. And as with all versions of theBluetooth specification, v3.0 + HS provides developers, manufacturers and consumers with the benefit of backwards compatibility, enabling both the expansion and enhancement of this technology with every new specification release. Once products reach the market, the easiest way for consumers to learn which devices are compatible with other Bluetooth enabled devices is to visit the Bluetooth Gadget Guide.

Applications
    With the availability of Bluetooth version 3.0 + HS, consumers can expect to move large data files of videos, music and photos between their own devices and the trusted devices of others, without the need for cables and wires. Some applications consumers will experience include:
    • Wirelessly bulk synchronize music libraries between PC and music player or phone
    • Bulk download photos to a printer or PC
    • Send video files from camera or phone to computer or television
    Availability

The Bluetooth SIG's formal adoption of the specification is only the first step in the product lifecycle. News out today from wireless chip manufacturers and Bluetooth SIG member companies Atheros, Broadcom and CSR shows the second step – getting silicon solutions to device manufacturers – is already underway. End products for consumers are expected to be in the market in 9 to 12 months.

Technical Specifications
    This new specification release includes several major enhancements (learn more here - page requires member login):
    • Generic Alternate MAC/PHY (AMP)
    • 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL)
    • Generic Test Methodology
    • Enhanced Power Control
    • Unicast Connectionless Data
    Source: Engadget

malware, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

Cannot use bluetooth device

1 Pairing is done in Settings, Devices
    1.1 You click on Add Bluetooth or other device
    1.2 You choose Bluetooth
    1.3 If there is a pairing button on the bluetooth device itself then you press that now. You need to check the instructions for your bluetooth device to see how to do this - several automatically go into pairing mode when they switch on, others have a button that needs to be pressed for, say, 5 seconds.
    1.4 The computer detects all available bluetooth devices and you select yours from the list. If yours is not on the list then Windows could not detect it.
    1.5 It connects - pairing includes connecting
    1.6 The computer sounds a buzz in the earpiece then displays Your device is ready to go and you click on Done
    1.7 The device is shown in the devices list below the subheading Audio and it shows it as connected
    1.8 The device should also appear in Control panel, Sounds, Playback tab
    1.9 The device should also appear in Control panel, Devices & printers
    1.10 {I just paired some bluetooth earphones as I typed so I could make sure these notes were correct} You use a music player and the sound comes out of the bluetooth earphones

2 If this is not happening for you then go to Contol panel, Devices & printers
    2.1 Right-click on the device & select Remove device
    2.2 You can now try pairing from scratch again
    2.3 Several other users have reported that only removing the device with Bluetooth command line tools - BluetoothInstaller allowed them to re-pair again [see xzion's guidance below]
    2.4 Yet others reported that only the KeithM code or Bungee's guidance worked for them [see below]

3 Where is this all going wrong for you?
    [I assume we are definitely talking about bluetooth headphones/earphones. I understand that WiFi ones do also exist.]

4 Additional guidance -

Unpair a Bluetooth Device - TenForumsTutorials
    Connect a Bluetooth device in Windows - Windows Help

Steps to completely remove a belutooth device so pairing can be done again [post #9, xzion] - TenForums
    Steps to completely remove a belutooth device so pairing can be done again [post #22, KeithM] - TenForums
    Steps to completely remove a belutooth device so pairing can be done again [post #39, Bungee] - TenForums
    Several people registered in TenForums just to be able to thanks xzion, KeithM & Bungee. Apparently, what worked for some people did not work for others so each solution seems worth trying.

Denis

Thema:

1. My Bluetooth button and radio is missing. I cant connect to any devices - Similar Threads - Bluetooth button radio

2. Bluetooth radio missing from device manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth radio missing from device manager.: My Wi-Fi card exact model is GC-WBAX210 circled in red has a BT 5.2 module on it that gets connected using an internal USB header. Yesterday it was working fine and showed up in device manager under the Xed out BCM20703.The one Xed out is for my HTC Vive and isn't usable as a...
  3. Bluetooth radio missing from device manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth radio missing from device manager.: My Wi-Fi card exact model is GC-WBAX210 circled in red has a BT 5.2 module on it that gets connected using an internal USB header. Yesterday it was working fine and showed up in device manager under the Xed out BCM20703.The one Xed out is for my HTC Vive and isn't usable as a...
  4. Disconnect button missing for bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disconnect button missing for bluetooth devices: There is no option in my PC to disconnect any bluetooth devices that i own. The only option is to remove the device unpair. Is this option only supported on certain devices or limited to some edition of windows?...
  5. Disconnect button missing for bluetooth devices

Disconnect button missing for bluetooth devices: There is no option in my PC to disconnect any bluetooth devices that i own. The only option is to remove the device unpair. Is this option only supported on certain devices or limited to some edition of windows?...
  6. my bluetooth radio is missing from device manager what to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my bluetooth radio is missing from device manager what to do?: i am trying to bluetooth from action center,icon is missing and unable switch on the bluetooth from settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bluetooth-radio-is-missing-from-device-manager/ed27f5b0-2539-495a-a8a9-5409631c59b4
  7. my bluetooth radio is missing from device manager what to do?

my bluetooth radio is missing from device manager what to do?: i am trying to bluetooth from action center,icon is missing and unable switch on the bluetooth from settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bluetooth-radio-is-missing-from-device-manager/ed27f5b0-2539-495a-a8a9-5409631c59b4
  8. my bluetooth radio is missing from device manager what to do?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Cant connect any bluetooth device to my PC

Cant connect any bluetooth device to my PC: I have an Asus X555LJ notebook. For the past 2 years I have issues with my bluetooth on and off. When I try to connect any bluetooth device, I can't. Then I just restart the pc and it sometimes works for 5 mins before disconnecting from the bluetooth device. I have tried...
  10. Cant connect bluetooth Devices

Cant connect bluetooth Devices: I have an Asus bluetooth adapter and i downloaded the drivers and i am trying to connect with my bluetooth earphones. But when it finds all my devices it cant connect to any. Says All the time cant connect or didnt recieve a respond from the device i dont care about all the...