Windows 10: My bluetooth devices don't work, it says device error when i disconnect it from my laptop

Discus and support My bluetooth devices don't work, it says device error when i disconnect it from my laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After I connected a bluetooth speaker, ever since then, my bluetooth devices haven't been working when I use them on my laptop. After I disconnect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mpan0519, Aug 27, 2019.

1. mpan0519 Win User

My bluetooth devices don't work, it says device error when i disconnect it from my laptop

After I connected a bluetooth speaker, ever since then, my bluetooth devices haven't been working when I use them on my laptop. After I disconnect them, it says that the device has a driver error, but they all work with my phone so I assume it's a laptop issue. I already tried to find solutions, one pertaining the driver "generic bluetooth adapter," but I checked my device manager and the driver itself wasn't even there. I don't know what to do next

Thanks,

Michelle

:)

mpan0519, Aug 27, 2019
  2. Epos7 Win User

Troubleshooting Bluetooth Device Disconnections

I use two Bluetooth devices with my computer - a wireless mouse and an Xbox One controller. The mouse has worked fine for over a year and the Xbox controller worked fine for a few days before I started having problems.

The issue happens most frequently when playing Destiny 2 where both the mouse and controller will disconnect. This causes the game to freeze for 5-10 seconds until a message pops up about the disconnected device. Both devices eventually reconnect. Occasionally the game hangs here and I have to restart the computer.

The issue has also happened when browsing the internet with just the mouse connected, where the mouse will disconnect, and only turning off/turning on Bluetooth will fix it.

I have tried uninstalling the Bluetooth driver, restarting, and installing the Intel Bluetooth and WiFi drivers for my wireless card - Intel 7260. I have also tried disabling the power management option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

As you can see from the Event Viewer, there are multiple error reports each time this happens. I would greatly appreciate any help, thanks!

My bluetooth devices don't work, it says device error when i disconnect it from my laptop [​IMG]

My bluetooth devices don't work, it says device error when i disconnect it from my laptop [​IMG]

Epos7, Aug 27, 2019
  3. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Aug 27, 2019
  4. My bluetooth devices don't work, it says device error when i disconnect it from my laptop

How to disconnect and reconnect bluetooth devices in Windows 10?

Hi Melody,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Pair the Bluetooth device to the system.
    • Right click on the Speaker icon in the System tray and select
      Playback Devices.
    • Select the device and click on the drop down list next to Set default button.
    • Select the option to connect and disconnect from the device.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

My bluetooth devices don't work, it says device error when i disconnect it from my laptop

1. My bluetooth devices don't work, it says device error when i disconnect it from my laptop - Similar Threads - bluetooth devices don't

2. My laptop says that bluetooth is not available on this device and i must use an external...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop says that bluetooth is not available on this device and i must use an external...: laptop says that bluetooth is not available on this device and i must use an external adapter to add bluetooth calability to this computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-says-that-bluetooth-is-not-available-on/555cb628-67a8-44bc-8b5a-9d6325d84c8c
  3. My laptop says that bluetooth is not available on this device and i must use an external...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop says that bluetooth is not available on this device and i must use an external...: laptop says that bluetooth is not available on this device and i must use an external adapter to add bluetooth calability to this computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-says-that-bluetooth-is-not-available-on/555cb628-67a8-44bc-8b5a-9d6325d84c8c
  4. My Laptop keep connected and disconnected to the bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop keep connected and disconnected to the bluetooth device: Hello, I need some helpsDoes anyone ever have their laptop keep connected and disconnected to the bluetooth speakers?I am facing such problems and it keep repeating!* Moved from Community Center...
  5. My Laptop keep connected and disconnected to the bluetooth device

My Laptop keep connected and disconnected to the bluetooth device: Hello, I need some helpsDoes anyone ever have their laptop keep connected and disconnected to the bluetooth speakers?I am facing such problems and it keep repeating!* Moved from Community Center...
  6. My computer suddenly can't detect my Bluetooth device and says it's disconnected. After...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer suddenly can't detect my Bluetooth device and says it's disconnected. After...: I don't know what happened, but after starting my laptop this morning, my Bluetooth device isn't connected. After checking Bluetooth, it says no Bluetooth hardware detected on this device. But it does show up in the hidden devices in my device manager. After trying the...
  7. My computer suddenly can't detect my Bluetooth device and says it's disconnected. After...

My computer suddenly can't detect my Bluetooth device and says it's disconnected. After...: I don't know what happened, but after starting my laptop this morning, my Bluetooth device isn't connected. After checking Bluetooth, it says no Bluetooth hardware detected on this device. But it does show up in the hidden devices in my device manager. After trying the...
  8. Bluetooth devices disconnect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth devices disconnect: Windows 10 19041.450 I have two devices connected to desktop PC via bluetooth: Speakers and a keyboard. Motherboard is Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite WiFi and it has built-in BT (Intel Dual Band 802.11AC WiFi / BT 4.2) and I'm using an antenna it was equipped with. During a...
  9. My bluetooth audio devices arent connecting to my laptop, but others bluetooth devices work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My bluetooth audio devices arent connecting to my laptop, but others bluetooth devices work: So i have 2 Bluetooth headphones, the Sony WH-CH700N headphones and true free + earphones. The Sony ones used to connect via Bluetooth to my laptop with no issues but recently its stopped working. when I turn on any audio device in pairing mode the laptop registers that the...
  10. Bluetooth says connected but Playback device says disconnected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth says connected but Playback device says disconnected: I was trying to connect my laptop HP Pavilion g4 with Redmi Airdots through bluetooth. I am using an external bluetooth dongle as my laptop doesn't have bluetooth. but in this process, when i tried to pair my airdots it was successfully paired. [ATTACH] But there was no...