Windows 10: My bluetooth earphones are connected as 'Other devices' and not as Audio device.

Discus and support My bluetooth earphones are connected as 'Other devices' and not as Audio device. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I have a oneplus buds z2, i've used these earphones for quite a while, but recently my earphones got disconnected due to using up its charge. When i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sahil_A, Aug 25, 2022.

1. Sahil_A Win User

My bluetooth earphones are connected as 'Other devices' and not as Audio device.

Hi,I have a oneplus buds z2, i've used these earphones for quite a while, but recently my earphones got disconnected due to using up its charge. When i reconnected it reconnects as other device and not as audio. I have tried some methods that i have found online i.e. forgetting device and reconnecting, troubleshooting, disabling device in device manager, restarting, and also restarting the bluetooth services.Thank you.

:)

Sahil_A, Aug 25, 2022
  2. Try3 Win User

Cannot use bluetooth device

1 Pairing is done in Settings, Devices
    1.1 You click on Add Bluetooth or other device
    1.2 You choose Bluetooth
    1.3 If there is a pairing button on the bluetooth device itself then you press that now. You need to check the instructions for your bluetooth device to see how to do this - several automatically go into pairing mode when they switch on, others have a button that needs to be pressed for, say, 5 seconds.
    1.4 The computer detects all available bluetooth devices and you select yours from the list. If yours is not on the list then Windows could not detect it.
    1.5 It connects - pairing includes connecting
    1.6 The computer sounds a buzz in the earpiece then displays Your device is ready to go and you click on Done
    1.7 The device is shown in the devices list below the subheading Audio and it shows it as connected
    1.8 The device should also appear in Control panel, Sounds, Playback tab
    1.9 The device should also appear in Control panel, Devices & printers
    1.10 {I just paired some bluetooth earphones as I typed so I could make sure these notes were correct} You use a music player and the sound comes out of the bluetooth earphones

2 If this is not happening for you then go to Contol panel, Devices & printers
    2.1 Right-click on the device & select Remove device
    2.2 You can now try pairing from scratch again
    2.3 Several other users have reported that only removing the device with Bluetooth command line tools - BluetoothInstaller allowed them to re-pair again [see xzion's guidance below]
    2.4 Yet others reported that only the KeithM code or Bungee's guidance worked for them [see below]

3 Where is this all going wrong for you?
    [I assume we are definitely talking about bluetooth headphones/earphones. I understand that WiFi ones do also exist.]

4 Additional guidance -

Unpair a Bluetooth Device - TenForumsTutorials
    Connect a Bluetooth device in Windows - Windows Help

Steps to completely remove a belutooth device so pairing can be done again [post #9, xzion] - TenForums
    Steps to completely remove a belutooth device so pairing can be done again [post #22, KeithM] - TenForums
    Steps to completely remove a belutooth device so pairing can be done again [post #39, Bungee] - TenForums
    Several people registered in TenForums just to be able to thanks xzion, KeithM & Bungee. Apparently, what worked for some people did not work for others so each solution seems worth trying.

Denis

3. Cannot use bluetooth device

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ameneses54, Aug 25, 2022
  4. cytherian Win User

My bluetooth earphones are connected as 'Other devices' and not as Audio device.

Cannot connect to Bluetooth audio devices (only) under 21H1.

I had no problem connecting Bluetooth audio devices while running Windows version 20H2, and had 3 different audio devices paired and working normally. Upon upgrading to the latest Windows 10 version (21H1, 19043.1348), they can no longer connect.

There's nothing wrong with the devices. My 2nd system is running 20H2 and is connecting fine with them.

On my primary system running 21H1, I go to the Bluetooth settings screen, see my paired devices in the list. I turn on a Bluetooth audio device... and nothing happens. Previously the laptop would auto-detect the audio device and I'd be good to go. So I select the paired audio device in the list, see the option button to "CONNECT" and press it. IMMEDIATELY, I'm given this message: "That didn't work. Make sure your bluetooth device is discoverable." It's obvious it's not even trying. It's an instant response. On my 20H2 laptop, when I try to manually connect to a Bluetooth audio device that's not turned on, it takes about 20 seconds or so until the "didn't work" message to appear. It's clearly trying.

NOTE: I have a mouse device connected via Bluetooth and it's working perfectly fine. It's only audio devices that fail.

Another vexing related issue -- if I try to remove any of my Bluetooth audio devices from the paired list, I get a "Remove Failed" message and nothing happens.

Troubleshooting: Went to Devices --> Bluetooth. Did a View of hidden devices... and yes, there were duplicates of these devices listed. I deleted all of them. I rebooted and while they are absent from the Devices list, they're still showing up in the Bluetooth interface and behaving as before. I ran the Bluetooth troubleshooter that claimed to find a problem and fixed it, but rebooting showed that not to be the case.

Either something appears to be wrong with 21H1, or I have some screwy configuration conflict going on.. I've got Realtek Bluetooth hardware. I have uninstalled Bluetooth and reinstalled the Realtek drivers. No help. Upgrading to 21H1 was long and tedious--I don't want to roll back to 20H2. Is there anything I can try to fix this?

Thanks!

cytherian, Aug 25, 2022
Thema:

1. My bluetooth earphones are connected as 'Other devices' and not as Audio device. - Similar Threads - bluetooth earphones are

2. My bluetooth earphones are connected as 'Other devices' and not as Audio device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My bluetooth earphones are connected as 'Other devices' and not as Audio device.: Hi,I have a oneplus buds z2, i've used these earphones for quite a while, but recently my earphones got disconnected due to using up its charge. When i reconnected it reconnects as other device and not as audio. I have tried some methods that i have found online i.e....
  3. My bluetooth earphones are connected as 'Other devices' and not as Audio device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My bluetooth earphones are connected as 'Other devices' and not as Audio device.: Hi,I have a oneplus buds z2, i've used these earphones for quite a while, but recently my earphones got disconnected due to using up its charge. When i reconnected it reconnects as other device and not as audio. I have tried some methods that i have found online i.e....
  4. Bluetooth earphones connect under 'Other Devices' and do not play any audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth earphones connect under 'Other Devices' and do not play any audio: I have a pair of Galaxy Buds+ that have worked perfectly with my PC in the past. They stopped working a few days ago and I have tried everything I could find online to fix them, all to no avail. When I pair them they initially show up as an audio device that I can connect to,...
  5. Bluetooth earphones connect under 'Other Devices' and do not play any audio

Bluetooth earphones connect under 'Other Devices' and do not play any audio: I have a pair of Galaxy Buds+ that have worked perfectly with my PC in the past. They stopped working a few days ago and I have tried everything I could find online to fix them, all to no avail. When I pair them they initially show up as an audio device that I can connect to,...
  6. Bluetooth earphones connect under 'Other Devices' and do not play any audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. bluetooth device connected but not shown in bluetooth and other devices

bluetooth device connected but not shown in bluetooth and other devices: My bluetooth headphones is connected but i cannot find it in the bluetooth and other devices, this applies to other bluetooth devices too and if i want to connect the bluetooth device, i need to uninstall my headphones driver then scan for hardware changes to connect. Can...
  8. Audio Bluetooth Device connecting as 'Other Device'

Audio Bluetooth Device connecting as 'Other Device': Hi, I've just bought a pair of Cambridge Audio Melomania Wiress Headphones. I'm trying to connect them via Bluetooth to my Windows Surface 4. The headphones are connecting but as an 'Other Device' so I'm not able to use them as an audio device. How can I change this so...
  9. My bluetooth audio devices arent connecting to my laptop, but others bluetooth devices work

My bluetooth audio devices arent connecting to my laptop, but others bluetooth devices work: So i have 2 Bluetooth headphones, the Sony WH-CH700N headphones and true free + earphones. The Sony ones used to connect via Bluetooth to my laptop with no issues but recently its stopped working. when I turn on any audio device in pairing mode the laptop registers that the...
  10. Bluetooth headphones connected as other devices not audio.

Bluetooth headphones connected as other devices not audio.: When I try and connect my Bluedio headphones to my Windows 10 pc through a generic USB bluetooth connector everything goes as planned and the headphones connect and pair initially as an audio device and then jumps to "other device"...of course I am getting no sound. Device...