Windows 10: My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices.

Discus and support My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices. They work when connected to other devices or when connected with wire. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Indra Kaladhar, Dec 13, 2021.

1. My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices.

My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices. They work when connected to other devices or when connected with wire. I tried every thing like reinstalling the Bluetooth drivers, setting the Bluetooth services to automatic, not even visible in the hidden and disabled devices. I even partially reset my system that also did not work. So please help me with this

:)

Indra Kaladhar, Dec 13, 2021
  2. CMroz Win User

Bluetooth headphones connect but are not listed as Playback device

I'm having trouble getting audio to play through my Bluetooth headphones. I am able to successfully connect them to my computer, but I cannot figure out where to set them as the playback device. They are not listed in the
    Sound panel (even when showing disabled and disconnected devices). Any ideas (besides the things I have tried below) would be much appreciated!

My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices. d9a168aa-b620-40de-b345-0f85d264d5e7?upload=true.jpg

I've read A LOT of threads about this and can't seem to find a solution that works. Here is what I have tried:

• Uninstalling & Reinstalling the Bluetooth driver
    • Updating driver from manufacturer's website
    • Purchasing a new Bluetooth 4.0 adapter (same issue - connects fine, not listed as an audio playback device)
    • Turn off and turn on Bluetooth service
    • Set Bluetooth Support Service to Auto
    • Running the audio troubleshooter (device not listed to troubleshoot)
    • Testing different Bluetooth headphones/headsets
    • Testing these headphones on my work computer with the same version of windows (works great)

System Info

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.17713 Build 17713

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

BaseBoard Product Z97I-PLUS

CMroz, Dec 13, 2021
  3. 58
    58 Win User
    Bluetooth Headphones - connected but not available as playback device

Hi Saltgrass,

Thank you for your comments. No, unfortunately it is not showing at the top. I've removed and the device, uninstalled drivers and re-installed drivers and re-paired. No go. My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices. :(

And the button on the headphones doesn't result in the playback device menu populating with the bluetooth headphones. I get an audio beep indicating it connected to the pc and then after 3 min or so with no signal it automatically disconnects.

Again I can connect my headphone to my nexus and laptop with no issues whatsoever and I can connect other devices to my pc via bluetooth. The only thing that doesn't work is the headphones and pc - and I believe this has something to do with the playback
    devices not recognizing the headphones but I don't understand why.

Thanks again

4. harrymc Win User

My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices.

Connected Bluetooth Headphones don't appear as Playback device in Windows 10

The usual procedure is :

• If wired, plug in the headphones. If Bluetooth, pair and ensure they are visible in Bluetooth Neighborhood.
    • Right-click the speaker icon and click Playback devices
    • Right-click the default speakers and select Show disabled devices and
      Show disconnected devices.
    • If your headphones now appear, right-click them and select Enable.

If your headphones are still unusable, then the problem is with your driver.
    It may be incapable of functioning as a playback device.
    Search for the right software, or contact the Support of the manufacturer.
    If nothing works, change headphones.

harrymc, Dec 13, 2021
Thema:

My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices.

1. My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices. - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headphones are

2. Bluetooth Headphones are connected but will not appear as a playback device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones are connected but will not appear as a playback device.: I have a pair of Hifiman Deva 2 wireless headphones. When I purchased them back in the winter of 2021 they worked fine with my Windows 10 PC; however, now they do not appear as a playback device. I have been trying to troubleshoot this problem for months now. The headphones...
  3. Bluetooth Headphones are connected but will not appear as a playback device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headphones are connected but will not appear as a playback device.: I have a pair of Hifiman Deva 2 wireless headphones. When I purchased them back in the winter of 2021 they worked fine with my Windows 10 PC; however, now they do not appear as a playback device. I have been trying to troubleshoot this problem for months now. The headphones...
  4. Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not showing up as playback devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not showing up as playback devices: My headphones SOny xm4 were working just fine. But the last few days, they connect to Windows just fine, and show up as connected devices. However, they are not available as a playback device. I have checked/unchecked/rechecked the 'audio sink' setting through Services. I...
  5. Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not showing up as playback devices

Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not showing up as playback devices: My headphones SOny xm4 were working just fine. But the last few days, they connect to Windows just fine, and show up as connected devices. However, they are not available as a playback device. I have checked/unchecked/rechecked the 'audio sink' setting through Services. I...
  6. My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices.: My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices. They work when connected to other devices or when connected with wire. I tried every thing like reinstalling the Bluetooth drivers, setting the Bluetooth services to automatic, not even visible in...
  7. My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices.

My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices.: My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices. They work when connected to other devices or when connected with wire. I tried every thing like reinstalling the Bluetooth drivers, setting the Bluetooth services to automatic, not even visible in...
  8. Bluetooth Headphones Paired and Connected but not Showing in Playback Devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headphones Paired and Connected but not Showing in Playback Devices: Even after successfully pairing there is no audio in my bt audio devices. Ive tried everything restarting bt services, updating drivers everything. But no success....
  9. Bluetooth Headphones Paired and Connected but not Showing in Playback Devices

Bluetooth Headphones Paired and Connected but not Showing in Playback Devices: Even after succefully pairing there is no audio in my bt audio dvices. Ive tried everything restarting bt services, updating drivers everything.But no success....
  10. Bluetooth headphones not showing up as a playback device

Bluetooth headphones not showing up as a playback device: I have a new laptop with windows 10 and have Bose bluetooth earphones. I have confirmed they are conncted by bluetooth and are showing up as paired but are not showing up as a playback device so I cant hear computer audio through them. I have tried uninstalling the driver...