Windows 10: My Bluetooth hell - XPS 15, Windows 10 and Microsoft bluetooth mouse

Discus and support My Bluetooth hell - XPS 15, Windows 10 and Microsoft bluetooth mouse in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; XPS 15 9560. Windows 10 Pro, 1803. Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse bluetooth mouse. Said mouse just stopped working some 2 weeks ago. Troubleshooting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vlatko, Oct 15, 2018.

1. vlatko Win User

My Bluetooth hell - XPS 15, Windows 10 and Microsoft bluetooth mouse

XPS 15 9560. Windows 10 Pro, 1803. Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse bluetooth mouse.
    Said mouse just stopped working some 2 weeks ago. Troubleshooting begins. I try the mouse on 2 different Windows machines, it pairs and connects immediatelly. Mouse is fine.

I try to remove and re-pair the mouse on my laptop, no go, says remove failed. Hmmm....something messed up with Bluetooth drivers probably. But my other bluetooth devices work just fine(Galaxy S8 and Logitech Bluetooth Stereo adapter). I proceed on a week long cycle on installing and reinstalling wireless and bluetooth drivers. Uninstalling via device manager, uninstalling hidden devices, etc. No go. I see the mouse in settings but it can not pair. Swap out the batteries, pray to all deities, nothing. It.Will.Not.Pair.

Run all possible (useless) Windows troubleshooters, nothing. Run SFC Scan, DISM Restorehealth, nothing wrong with Windows.

I finally succumb to the fact it MUST be that botchy Killer 1535 wireless card with Qualcom bluetooth on it which plagues the latest XPS devices(even though the mouse worked with it for almost a year). I order a new Intel AC 9260 and swap it out. Wifi works beautifully, bluetooth immediatelly sees and connects to all my devices except Microsoft bluetooth mouse. I'm losing my mind. I take the mouse to my work and it immediately pairs to said PC. What the freaking hell. Just for kicks I try and connect the mouse to my phone(Galaxy S8), which I didn't even know it was possible, the mouse connects without a hitch. It connects to everything EXCEPT my home laptop which I use it for.

PLEASE, anybody, please help me. I can not bear a fresh Windows install because of this. But I need my mouse. Any ideas welcome. It's a Microsoft mouse, it's Microsoft software. What gives.

TL;DR, my bluetooth mouse connects to all devices except my laptop.

:)

vlatko, Oct 15, 2018
  2. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Oct 15, 2018
  3. aasim1111 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

So I bought a new Bluetooth headphones the skull candy uproar since my old one isn't working. It came with only the headset and usb charging cable. The problem is I can't seem to pair it to my pc. I have windows 10 by the way. There is no Bluetooth on off button in windows settings. I went to device manager but there us no icon for Bluetooth. I did everything I knew but none of it worked.I can post pictures if anyone needs.An alternative might be a Bluetooth dongle but I m not sure I'd it would work plus I paid $50 so don't wanna spend more

I looked up on Internet and many people seem to have issues with windows 10 and Bluetooth. I thought of asking here knowing my UK friends are smart.

Anyone have any idea of how to get Bluetooth to work on my pc.

PS don't curse windows 10. I already know it's a mess and not a very good os.

aasim1111, Oct 15, 2018
  4. My Bluetooth hell - XPS 15, Windows 10 and Microsoft bluetooth mouse

Bluetooth USB Dongle

Ok so here's a question. I had a revelation today that: "Duh, my keyboard/mouse is bluetooth, shouldn't that be the same thing?" My goal here is to get my new Motorola HT820 bluetooth headphones to work with on my computer.

Keyboard/Mouse is Logitech MX5500 Revolution, bluetooth wireless, came with a USB dongle that they connect through. I tried today to get the headset to work, and it won't receive sound. I can get it "connected," but with complications. I'm using Windows XP, have Setpoint 4.7, and I've tried the following:

-Changed the radio settings to a bluetooth hub instead of locked to the keyboard/mouse.

-Clicked "Connect Other Devices."

- Paired headphones with windows. Windows connects correctly, the device reads connections, windows shows it as "already connected" when I try to connect it again. I click on Control Panel -> Bluetooth Devices, and I see the "Motorola HT820" listed as "Passkey enabled," but it doesn't say "Connected" like the keyboard and mouse do. Also, audio does play on the headphones.

-Click on Properties on HT820, and then on services, it does not show any services at all.

- Searched around google, logitech, motorola websites & forums to answers or help, nothing. Closet I got was logitech's "Bluetooth FAQ" which has the following paragraph (http://www.logitech.com/lang/pdf/bluetooth/bluetooth-faq.pdf):

"3.6 How do I listen to music wirelessly with a Bluetooth headphone?
    All you need is a Bluetooth headphone and a media player such as iTunes or Windows Media Player 10. For optimal results, it is recommended you use a headphone with Bluetooth 2.0 Enhanced Data Rate, to benefit from the maximum bandwidth (up to 3Mb/s).
    Please refer to our online "How To" documents for step-by-step instructions related to your specific device (www.logitech.com/bluetooth/howto)." [That link transfers you back to the same pdf document - it's a circle]

-I tried to install latest Widcomm stack from broadcomm's website, but it says it's not compatible with this dongle.

-Called Logitech Tech Support - got a total jerk girl who straight up said "No i can't help you." And then wouldn't give me the time of day after that.

I've read on threads on Logitech forum that people are using this headset with logitech dongles. Any help getting this connected? I just don't want to have 2 bluetooth dongles connected when I rly only should need this one. Otherwise I guess I'll just purchase one of the ones above, and use that to connect my keyboard, mouse, and headphones all in one swoop.

Sidenote: anyone have experience/knowledge with behavior when 2 bluetooth USB dongles are connected to the same computer?

surfsk8snow.jah, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

My Bluetooth hell - XPS 15, Windows 10 and Microsoft bluetooth mouse

1. My Bluetooth hell - XPS 15, Windows 10 and Microsoft bluetooth mouse - Similar Threads - Bluetooth hell XPS

2. Intermittent bluetooth on windows 10 with microsoft designer bluetooth mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intermittent bluetooth on windows 10 with microsoft designer bluetooth mouse: Good night!My bluetooth devices have been showing intermittent functioning since some time it worked very well when I bought my DELL Inspiron 7391. Out of nowhere this started and now I don't manage to make it work better.I have reinstalled drivers, etc etc and nothing.I took...
  3. Intermittent bluetooth on windows 10 with microsoft designer bluetooth mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent bluetooth on windows 10 with microsoft designer bluetooth mouse: Good night!My bluetooth devices have been showing intermittent functioning since some time it worked very well when I bought my DELL Inspiron 7391. Out of nowhere this started and now I don't manage to make it work better.I have reinstalled drivers, etc etc and nothing.I took...
  4. Intermittent bluetooth on windows 10 with microsoft designer bluetooth mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Dell XPS-15 9560 Can't pair Bluetooth mouse after driver updates

Dell XPS-15 9560 Can't pair Bluetooth mouse after driver updates: After performing some driver updates and a BIOS update, I can no longer pair my HP Z5000 Bluetooth mouse. The system can see the device, but when I try to pair it, it waits a while, and then comes back with the error "Check the PIN and try connecting again". The system is...
  6. Bluetooth Microsoft mouse

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bluetooth Microsoft mouse: Bluetooth Microsoft mouse not working on new HP laptop, Windows 10 after suggested bluetooth update in HP Assistant? Looks fine in Device setting. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-microsoft-mouse/7b652164-d402-430f-a814-fec646b2c6d9
  7. Windows 10 not connecting to my Bluetooth Microsoft Mouse.

Windows 10 not connecting to my Bluetooth Microsoft Mouse.: Windows 10 is not connecting to my Bluetooth Microsoft Mouse. Please instuct me on how to do this. Yours sincerely, Colin McLaren https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-not-connecting-to-my-bluetooth/9dd5a76e-35a3-4c62-8acf-a36b48c54891
  8. Stuttering Bluetooth Mouse on Dell XPS 15 (9560)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuttering Bluetooth Mouse on Dell XPS 15 (9560): I have a problem with bluetooth mice. The mice, which work perfectly on other computers, stutter massively on my XPS 15 (9560) to the point which it's pretty difficult sometimes to do anything. If I bring the mice right next to the usb receiver, then they work well, but 50-60...
  9. What the hell is with bluetooth?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What the hell is with bluetooth?: A week ago everything works fine. Today all bluetooth devices are described as turned of. There is no "more settings" as your help desc talking about no button to turn on, driver is ok, phone bluetooth is on so what the hell is with bluetooth? Look at the screenshot...
  10. What the hell is going on with my bluetooth Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse ?

What the hell is going on with my bluetooth Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse ?: Since the 1903 update (and subsequent updates), the mouse will not be selected when you click on things the first time you click, and sometimes it will not be the second or third time. I have replaced the batteries several times. NOTHING WORKS. My coworkers are also...