Windows 10: My bluetooth is on and working but the icon does not appear in the system tray

Discus and support My bluetooth is on and working but the icon does not appear in the system tray in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; recently after updating bluetooth driver through intels driver utility the icon stopped appearing in my system tray. bluetooth functions and works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by King Dug E, Feb 23, 2021.

1. My bluetooth is on and working but the icon does not appear in the system tray

recently after updating bluetooth driver through intels driver utility the icon stopped appearing in my system tray. bluetooth functions and works fine. i can access it through the start bar but it is quite annoying. i have went to taskbar options and clicked on the icon settings and bluetooth is not listed as an icon there or in system icons.. any help would be appreciated

i have rebooted my pc several times and one time out of the last 15 times the bluetooth icon appeared where it should be and i thought the issue to be over but after the next restart it was gone again

if insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results then what is the word defined by you receiving different results after trying?

:)

King Dug E, Feb 23, 2021

2. How to recover hidden icon in System tray on Windows 10?

Hi Callum,

As you are facing issues with un-hiding the icon in System tray, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know which is the icon you have deleted from the system tray for better assistance?

I suggest you to try the below steps to add the icons to Taskbar and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings.
    • Click on System> Notifications & actions.
    • Click on Select which icons appear on taskbar (to select the icons that appear on Taskbar)
      and also click on Turn system icons on or off

Hope it helps. If the issue still persists, let us know with brief description for further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 23, 2021
  3. I want the bluetooth icon in my system tray _all the time_, not just when bluetooth is on

Turning bluetooth off is not too hard; click on the bluetooth icon in the system tray to get the settings. But turning it on is hard; search for bluetooth, find settings, enable bluetooth...

So I want the bluetooth icon in my system tray _all the time_, not just when bluetooth is on. That way I can turn it on and off manually at will.

How can I keep the icon in the system tray when bluetooth is _off_?

As a wish list item, I would also like an 'enable/disable bluetooth' in the system tray icon's menu to make that a one-click opertation.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

SLREllison, Feb 23, 2021
  4. My bluetooth is on and working but the icon does not appear in the system tray

I want the bluetooth icon in my system tray _all the time_, not just when bluetooth is on

Hi,

We can see here that you want to show the Bluetooth icon on the system tray. To do that, kindly follow the steps below:

• Click on Start menu.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth.
    • Under Related settings, select More Bluetooth options.
    • On the Options tab, tick the box beside Show the Bluetooth icon in the notification area.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to post back should you have further concern.

Charianne Per, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

My bluetooth is on and working but the icon does not appear in the system tray

1. My bluetooth is on and working but the icon does not appear in the system tray - Similar Threads - bluetooth working icon

2. Some icons in system tray are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some icons in system tray are not working: Some icons in system tray are not working. When you click them the app or function will respond and close only. If you toggle the on WIFI for sample, it will on then immediately turns off. Same goes when you click on the battery icon it will show you its window then...
  3. Some icons in system tray are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some icons in system tray are not working: Some icons in system tray are not working. When you click them the app or function will respond and close only. If you toggle the on WIFI for sample, it will on then immediately turns off. Same goes when you click on the battery icon it will show you its window then...
  4. Some icons in system tray are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Computer Icon wearing a hat appears in system tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Icon wearing a hat appears in system tray: I have odd behavior suddenly where a computer icon appears in my system tray, sometimes several, and the computer is wearing a hat. I have reverse image searched this icon, and found one other forum thread on it, but no answer has been given to what it is. The only things I...
  6. Computer Icon wearing a hat appears in system tray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Icon wearing a hat appears in system tray: I have odd behavior suddenly where a computer icon appears in my system tray, sometimes several, and the computer is wearing a hat. I have reverse image searched this icon, and found one other forum thread on it, but no answer has been given to what it is. The only things I...
  7. Computer Icon wearing a hat appears in system tray

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. System tray not appearing.

System tray not appearing.: My system tray has not been appearing for a month or so. My taskbar where the system tray should be is empty. see image [ATTACH] When I check settings to show them, the options have been grayed out and I cannot change them. [ATTACH] I have tried regedit and looking for...
  9. Windows Defender Icon not appearing on system tray

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Icon not appearing on system tray: I am a Windows 10 user. I uninstalled Norton AV after I received advise to do so from the Microsoft community experts. I did remove it and activated Windows Defender. But the windows defender icon is not visible in the system tray. I tried various means. I am not an IT...
  10. Change appearance of the Action Center Icons in System Tray

Change appearance of the Action Center Icons in System Tray: I find the simple flat Windows 10 icons for the Action Center in the System Tray, for example, [img] or [img] , very difficult to see and differentiate. I know that one can change the appearance of icons for other items in the system tray but I have not been able to...