Windows 10: my Bluetooth no longer worksam my computer is saying its not compatible when it was...

Discus and support my Bluetooth no longer worksam my computer is saying its not compatible when it was... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my Bluetooth no longer worksam my computer is saying its not compatible when it was working a week ago... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MatthewRobinson158, Feb 16, 2019.

1. my Bluetooth no longer worksam my computer is saying its not compatible when it was...

my Bluetooth no longer worksam my computer is saying its not compatible when it was working a week ago

:)

MatthewRobinson158, Feb 16, 2019

2. Bluetooth is no longer compatible after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Deborah,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

We regret for the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with this issue.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Step 1: The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which checks the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues and provides the details on how to fix them. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

• Click Start.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar and press “Enter”.

• In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on
      “View All” on the left pane.

• Click on “Hardware and Devices”.

• Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
    Step 2: You can also update the Bluetooth drivers via Device manager and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X key and select
      Device Manager.
    • Check for Bluetooth drivers.
    • Right click on it and select Update.
    • Restart your system after performing the steps and check if it helps.

Step 3: Download and save the AMD driver on the desktop.

Install the driver in compatibility mode.

• Right click on the driver, and click on
      Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 8.1
      (or any compatible OS version) in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Reboot your computer.

Keep us posted on the issue to assist you better.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 16, 2019
  3. Bluetooth says connected but isn't

Hi Jim,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting methods and check if it helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods provided.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button.
    If the issue still persist try the below method provided.

Method 2.

I would recommend you to go to Jam Transit website and download the latest updated driver and re-install the same in compatibility mode.

Step 1.

To uninstall the Bluetooth driver follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R and type devmgmt.msc and hit the Enter.

• Go into Device Manager and expand
      Bluetooth
    • Right click on the Bluetooth device and uninstall it.
    Once you are done uninstalling Bluetooth driver install the same in compatibly mode.

Note: Make sure you download the latest Bluetooth driver.

Step 2.

To install the Bluetooth driver in compatibility mode follow the below steps:

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 16, 2019
  4. aasim1111 Win User

my Bluetooth no longer worksam my computer is saying its not compatible when it was...

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

my Bluetooth no longer worksam my computer is saying its not compatible when it was...

1. my Bluetooth no longer worksam my computer is saying its not compatible when it was... - Similar Threads - Bluetooth longer worksam

2. My computer says it's not capable of bluetooth?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer says it's not capable of bluetooth?: I have been using bluetooth headphones with my computer for ages. However, today it disconnected my headphones mid-game - I figured they had run out of power so I plugged them in to let them recharge, but when they were charged again it didn't work. I went into bluetooth...
  3. My computer says it's not capable of bluetooth?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer says it's not capable of bluetooth?: I have been using bluetooth headphones with my computer for ages. However, today it disconnected my headphones mid-game - I figured they had run out of power so I plugged them in to let them recharge, but when they were charged again it didn't work. I went into bluetooth...
  4. Bluetooth suddenly disappears from my computer and says it isn't compatible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth suddenly disappears from my computer and says it isn't compatible: I have Bluetooth headphones that I've been using for the past year now. Today, they wouldn't connect. I went to Bluetooth settings and it said Bluetooth was turned off. There was no option to turn it back on. I opened Device Manager to reset the drivers, and the drivers for...
  5. Bluetooth suddenly disappears from my computer and says it isn't compatible

Bluetooth suddenly disappears from my computer and says it isn't compatible: I have Bluetooth headphones that I've been using for the past year now. Today, they wouldn't connect. I went to Bluetooth settings and it said Bluetooth was turned off. There was no option to turn it back on. I opened Device Manager to reset the drivers, and the drivers for...
  6. Bluetooth suddenly disappears from my computer and says it isn't compatible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Why is my file saying it is 758GB when its not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my file saying it is 758GB when its not: I checked my storage and this popped upIt is not supposed to be this big of a download, any answers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-file-saying-it-is-758gb-when-its-not/ffca9e65-b834-4354-94ae-b6f10354d926
  8. Why is my file saying it is 758GB when its not

Why is my file saying it is 758GB when its not: I checked my storage and this popped upIt is not supposed to be this big of a download, any answers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-file-saying-it-is-758gb-when-its-not/ffca9e65-b834-4354-94ae-b6f10354d926
  9. Bluetooth is no longer on my computer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth is no longer on my computer?: Hello! Ever since I removed a pair of Bluetooth earbuds from my Bluetooth devices, Bluetooth has completely ceased to work. The troubleshooter says that my device doesn't have Bluetooth, it's not in the Control Panel or Device Manager, and when I go into Settings the...
  10. Windows Hello Fingerprint saying its not compatible

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Fingerprint saying its not compatible: Recently, my fingerprint stopped working for me to sign into my laptop. When I go over to Windows Hello Fingerprint settings to set it back up, it says "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint". The scanner I'm using is built into the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluetooth no longer on computer

2. computer now saying it is not bluetooth compatible