Windows 10: My bluetooth speaker is in the devices but the connect/remove buttons are greyed out

Discus and support My bluetooth speaker is in the devices but the connect/remove buttons are greyed out in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok, a few weeks ago my computer did an update. When it was finished my printer, scanner and bluetooth stopped working. I searched everywhere trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FlorenceEmerson, Nov 21, 2018.

1. My bluetooth speaker is in the devices but the connect/remove buttons are greyed out

Ok, a few weeks ago my computer did an update. When it was finished my printer, scanner and bluetooth stopped working. I searched everywhere trying to find a solution and it was a no go. A week later there was another update and the issue was fixed. The very next update that came out, and the bluetooth has stopped working again. The toggle to turn the bluetooth off and on has gone missing, and when I search and try to turn it on, the computer says it's on and then says that bluetooth status cannot be changed. My bluetooth speaker is in the devices but the connect/remove buttons are greyed out. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver for the speaker and I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the driver for my system for bluetooth. NOTHING WORKS!!!! I am beyond frustrated with this. I have combed the internet trying to find a solution, even had a tech logged into my computer for 2 hours and he could not get it working. I finally had to tell him that I had to start my work and could not wait for him to find a solution any longer.

Any ideas what is causing this issue and how to fix it?!?!

Thanks!

:)

FlorenceEmerson, Nov 21, 2018
  2. jhearcht Win User

Bluetooth : allow device to connect greyed out

Win10 on Dell Inspiron Desktop PC

I want to play music from my Samsung Galaxy S6 through the bluetooth speaker system on my PC. After successfully pairing the phone, I discover that it is not connected. The bluetooth speakers are connected, but the phone only shows as "paired". In the Bluetooth popup, "allow a device to connect" is greyed out. After a Google search, I know this is a common problem, but proposed solutions don't work in my case. I tried rebooting both PC and phone, but no help. I installed the latest Bluetooth driver from Intel, but no change.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

jhearcht, Nov 21, 2018
  3. jhearcht Win User
    Bluetooth : "allow device to connect" greyed out

Win10 on Dell Inspiron Desktop PC

I want to play music from my Samsung Galaxy S6 through the bluetooth speaker system on my PC. After successfully pairing the phone, I discover that it is not connected. The bluetooth speakers are connected, but the phone only shows as "paired". In the Bluetooth popup, "allow a device to connect" is greyed out. After a Google search, I know this is a common problem, but proposed solutions don't work in my case. I tried rebooting both PC and phone, but no help. I installed the latest Bluetooth driver from Intel, but no change.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

jhearcht, Nov 21, 2018
  4. ducky01 Win User

My bluetooth speaker is in the devices but the connect/remove buttons are greyed out

Bluetooth speaker wont connect to laptop?

I'm having some trouble figuring out what to do here, my Bluetooth speaker wont connect and isn't even discoverable by my laptop. i want to connect my Bluetooth speaker to my laptop but when i go to Bluetooth settings my speaker does not show up on the list of devices. I have un-installed and re-installed the drivers, i've reset the Bluetooth driver management service and Bluetooth support services but still nothing is working, any help would be much appreciated.

just in case you need to know the specs.
    speaker: Bush soundbar model-BSB02BT20
    laptop: Hp Elitebook 8470p running windows 10

please help!

ducky01, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

My bluetooth speaker is in the devices but the connect/remove buttons are greyed out

1. My bluetooth speaker is in the devices but the connect/remove buttons are greyed out - Similar Threads - bluetooth speaker devices

2. My bluetooth turn on button is missing and in the device manager the bluetooth is grey

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My bluetooth turn on button is missing and in the device manager the bluetooth is grey: My bluetooth button is missing to turn on and turn off and in the device manager the bluetooth turn to grey colour saying that i need to reconnect the bluetooth...
  3. My bluetooth turn on button is missing and in the device manager the bluetooth is grey

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My bluetooth turn on button is missing and in the device manager the bluetooth is grey: My bluetooth button is missing to turn on and turn off and in the device manager the bluetooth turn to grey colour saying that i need to reconnect the bluetooth...
  4. My bluetooth turn on button is missing and in the device manager the bluetooth is grey

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. greyed out button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    greyed out button: i want to change my display resolution from 1920x1080 to 1280x720 on Windows 11 but the button is greyed out so i can't do soisthere any way i can change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/greyed-out-button/8db43d0b-eea7-4b2b-91da-ea16ff26b955
  6. tp-link bluetooth allow a device to connect greyed out

tp-link bluetooth allow a device to connect greyed out: hi to everyone here this is my first post and apologies that it is a plea for help, but a big hi from galway ireland :-}now to my questiom, i have recently bought a new pc running win 10 version 21H1 (os build 19043.1083) it came with a free tp-link usb dongle for bluetooth...
  7. tp-link bluetooth allow a device to connect greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    tp-link bluetooth allow a device to connect greyed out: hi to everyone here this is my first post and apologies that it is a plea for help, but a big hi from galway ireland :-}now to my questiom, i have recently bought a new pc running win 10 version 21H1 (os build 19043.1083) it came with a free tp-link usb dongle for bluetooth...
  8. Button greyed out

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Button greyed out: so i reset my computer today factory reset as i felt my computer was having problems i also recently posted about this issue and i though the reset solved it... i was able to download a free program until i logged into my account... then the grey button of death...
  9. Bluetooth : allow device to connect greyed out

Bluetooth : allow device to connect greyed out: Win10 on Dell Inspiron Desktop PC I want to play music from my Samsung Galaxy S6 through the bluetooth speaker system on my PC. After successfully pairing the phone, I discover that it is not connected. The bluetooth speakers are connected, but the phone only shows as...
  10. Bluetooth : "allow device to connect" greyed out

Bluetooth : "allow device to connect" greyed out: Win10 on Dell Inspiron Desktop PC I want to play music from my Samsung Galaxy S6 through the bluetooth speaker system on my PC. After successfully pairing the phone, I discover that it is not connected. The bluetooth speakers are connected, but the phone only shows as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. allow a device to connect windows 10

2. windows 10 bluetooth not connected settings greyed out

3. allow a wireless device to connect

4. allow a device to connect disabled,
  5. my windows 10 allow bluetooth device to connectoption is greyed out,
  6. bluetooth connect button is greyed out,
  7. allow a bluetooth device to connect,
  8. my line2 speaker greyed out