Windows 10: My bluetooth speaker keeps connecting to the mic and not just the audio. How do i fix this...

Discus and support My bluetooth speaker keeps connecting to the mic and not just the audio. How do i fix this... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi ever since I downloaded Windows 11, my bluetooth speakers have been connected to mic, audio. But this makes the bluetooth speakers sound horrible.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by josh_511, May 24, 2024.

1. josh_511 Win User

My bluetooth speaker keeps connecting to the mic and not just the audio. How do i fix this...

Hi ever since I downloaded Windows 11, my bluetooth speakers have been connected to mic, audio. But this makes the bluetooth speakers sound horrible. I've been trying to find a solution to have it just connect to audio but it hasn't been working out. Please I need help. Windows 11 please god.

:)

josh_511, May 24, 2024
  2. LuckAl Win User

Bluetooth speaker with mic - mic not working when connected on Win10

Hi all,

We have bought a speaker for our office to use in conferences.

The bluetooth speaker has a microphone, and works fine (both mic and speaker) when connected to a smartphone.

The problem appears when we connect it to a laptop. Although it appears in the bluetooth settings menu with as a Headset with a headset icon, and when connected it shows: "Connected voice, music", the microphone
    of the speaker doesn't work.

In the Sound Settings, the speaker is selected both in Output and Input, but when testing, no sound is recorded, even though the speaker works (you can hear sound through it).

• All bluetooth drivers have been reinstalled and are up to date

• We have run the Troubleshoot unsuccessfully, getting the following response: “Troubleshooting couldn’t identify the problem”.

Under Device properties > Properties > Details > Device Description is listed as
    Bluetooth Hands-Free.

Is there anything else we can do at this point? This has been tested on 2 computers.

Is this an issue with Windows 10 and Bluetooth speakers with microphones?

Many thanks for any help!

LuckAl, May 24, 2024
  3. Marie Ave Win User
    Marie Ave, May 24, 2024
  4. Xylee Del Win User

My bluetooth speaker keeps connecting to the mic and not just the audio. How do i fix this...

Connecting bluetooth speaker

Hello,

This issue may have occurred due to driver conflict or due to compatibility issue. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions below:

• What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.
    • Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you update your Bluetooth drivers to see if there will be any changes and perform the steps on this article:
    Fix connections to Bluetooth audio devices and wireless displays.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, May 24, 2024
Thema:

1. My bluetooth speaker keeps connecting to the mic and not just the audio. How do i fix this... - Similar Threads - bluetooth speaker keeps

2. My bluetooth speaker keeps connecting to the mic and not just the audio. How do i fix this...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My bluetooth speaker keeps connecting to the mic and not just the audio. How do i fix this...: Hi ever since I downloaded Windows 11, my bluetooth speakers have been connected to mic, audio. But this makes the bluetooth speakers sound horrible. I've been trying to find a solution to have it just connect to audio but it hasn't been working out. Please I need help....
  3. Bluetooth audio stuttering. How do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth audio stuttering. How do I fix it?: I have had a Bluetooth stuttering issue for a couple of months. I have tried to reinstall Bluetooth drivers and turned them off and on multiple times. My Bluetooth audio only stutters on my headphones Sony WH-1000XM4. I use the Bluetooth that is on my motherboard MSI Unify...
  4. Bluetooth audio stuttering. How do I fix it?

Bluetooth audio stuttering. How do I fix it?: I have had a Bluetooth stuttering issue for a couple of months. I have tried to reinstall Bluetooth drivers and turned them off and on multiple times. My Bluetooth audio only stutters on my headphones Sony WH-1000XM4. I use the Bluetooth that is on my motherboard MSI Unify...
  5. How do I fix my mic not outputting audio in apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my mic not outputting audio in apps?: Hi,My headset microphone does seem to be receiving audio as windows shows that it is getting audio from it, but no apps detect any of the audio, and don't transmit it. My privacy settings allow apps to access the microphone, so it's not that which is causing it. I've...
  6. How do I fix my mic not outputting audio in apps?

How do I fix my mic not outputting audio in apps?: Hi,My headset microphone does seem to be receiving audio as windows shows that it is getting audio from it, but no apps detect any of the audio, and don't transmit it. My privacy settings allow apps to access the microphone, so it's not that which is causing it. I've...
  7. Can hear my audio through my mic, how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can hear my audio through my mic, how do I fix it?: So I bought a new mic and it plugs in via analog, so I plugged it in and did a sound test. Had other audio playing on my headset but I muted it (meaning it can't be audio bleeding from my headset) but you could still hear it in the recording. Can someone help me fix this?...
  8. My bluetooth headset only connects as mic, and not audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My bluetooth headset only connects as mic, and not audio: So today i booted up my pc and tried to connect my bluetooth headset to it, but, it connected as a mic, and not as a audio device. Yesterday it was working just fine! I really dont know what happened my headphones are WC-CH510, sony. [ATTACH]...
  9. Bluetooth speaker with mic - mic not working when connected on Win10

Bluetooth speaker with mic - mic not working when connected on Win10: Hi all, We have bought a speaker for our office to use in conferences. The bluetooth speaker has a microphone, and works fine (both mic and speaker) when connected to a smartphone. The problem appears when we connect it to a laptop. Although it appears in the...
  10. How do I connect my Bluetooth Speaker

How do I connect my Bluetooth Speaker: How do I connect my Bluetooth Speaker to my laptop with the windows 10 operating system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-my-bluetooth-speaker/2da6ff07-aeda-4c50-a928-c29f7a9cab40