Windows 10: My bluray drive isn't reading Optical disks of any kind.

Discus and support My bluray drive isn't reading Optical disks of any kind. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So a little bit of history.I used to use a Mac mini, and could connect this bluray drive via a Sata to USB converter.I ended up building an HTPC.I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MyronMcCarl, May 12, 2021.

1. My bluray drive isn't reading Optical disks of any kind.

So a little bit of history.I used to use a Mac mini, and could connect this bluray drive via a Sata to USB converter.I ended up building an HTPC.I've had to replace the motherboard in this PC twice.Originally this was an MSI B450 Tomahawk.When I built the PC, the optical drive would never read disks.That motherboard failed.I replaced it last week.Currently AMD Ryzen 5 2400G, with Radeon Vega GraphicsASUS B550M Plus Mobo.The bluray drive is an LG M-disc drive.I've tried any solution google suggested, and Microsoft's tech support hasn't been helpful.It seems microsoft ignores this topic.Wha

:)

MyronMcCarl, May 12, 2021
  2. LemP Win User

Optical drive letters keep swapping

Open Disk Management (click Start, type diskmgmt.msc in the Search box, and press Enter).

1. In the lower pane, right-click on your optical drive and select "Change drive letter and paths"
    2. Assign Y: to the first optical drive
    3. Repeat step 1 for the second optical drive and assign Z:

3. Jerry8A Win User
    Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

My bluray drive isn't reading Optical disks of any kind. [​IMG]

Jerry8A, May 12, 2021
  4. My bluray drive isn't reading Optical disks of any kind.

Optical drive error

hey there ! I got problem with t he optical drive ,it doesn't read the disk? Any solution for this please help!! P.S troubleshooting didn't worked for me

OmerKhanZS, May 12, 2021
Thema:

My bluray drive isn't reading Optical disks of any kind.

1. My bluray drive isn't reading Optical disks of any kind. - Similar Threads - bluray drive isn't

2. My BluRay Disc Drive +RW is being recognized by Windows 7 but doesn't read DVDs, BluRays or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My BluRay Disc Drive +RW is being recognized by Windows 7 but doesn't read DVDs, BluRays or...: My BluRay Drive is BH12LS38 and for some reason I am having this problem since a week ago. I tried to restore, use RegEdit... but still nothing. Any suggestions?...
  3. My BluRay Disc Drive +RW is being recognized by Windows 7 but doesn't read DVDs, BluRays or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My BluRay Disc Drive +RW is being recognized by Windows 7 but doesn't read DVDs, BluRays or...: My BluRay Drive is BH12LS38 and for some reason I am having this problem since a week ago. I tried to restore, use RegEdit... but still nothing. Any suggestions?...
  4. Optical disc drive not reading CDs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optical disc drive not reading CDs: Device: LG Bluray M DISCWhen opened in file explorer, everything freezes for about 5min. before opening the CD. Upon opening, it shows no data. Have tested this on other drives and they open fine....
  5. Optical disc drive not reading CDs

Optical disc drive not reading CDs: Device: LG Bluray M DISCWhen opened in file explorer, everything freezes for about 5min. before opening the CD. Upon opening, it shows no data. Have tested this on other drives and they open fine....
  6. Optical disc drive not reading CDs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Optical drive will not read DVDs

Optical drive will not read DVDs: Have used VLC media player for a few years with no problem for both CDs and DVDs on Windows 10 OS. Suddenly DVDs are not recognised. The device is working properly, drivers are up to date, have tried uninstalling the device and reinstalling, have edited the registry to remove...
  8. Optical drive cannot recognise any dvd disks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Optical drive cannot recognise any dvd disks: I wanted to install a wifi software to my Dell Optiplex 3010 SFF but I found that there were troubles with the optical drive it came with. Windows cannot detect any dvd disk I insert. I want to know what I can do if this is an OS problem or a hardware problem. If it’s a...
  9. MthsTec external Bluray optical drive not recognized by computer

MthsTec external Bluray optical drive not recognized by computer: Good morning I recently purchased MthsTec external optical drive. When I plug the drive into a USB port the device is not recognized by the computer....
  10. Windows 10 does not read any disks inserted into ASUS BW-16D1HT bluray drive connected to...

Windows 10 does not read any disks inserted into ASUS BW-16D1HT bluray drive connected to...: OS version 1809, build 17763.437 (i.e. up to date) The only odd thing I've done regarding the system, is that I installed the Apple super drive driver (and nothing else) from the Bootcamp software. I subsequently uninstalled it, but the system remained being able to read...