Windows 10: My brand new PC keeps crashing

Discus and support My brand new PC keeps crashing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! So i recently bought a new PC. but the problem is that it keeps freezing , mostly while playing games but on occasion it also happens while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kielpin21, Mar 4, 2016.

1. kielpin21 Win User

My brand new PC keeps crashing

Hello!

So i recently bought a new PC. but the problem is that it keeps freezing , mostly while playing games but on occasion it also happens while just running internet, so i don't think that the game is causing the issue, although i turned down the graphics just to be sure. If there is any sound playing while it freezes, there is this very annoying noise coming out of the speakers, pressing alt ctrl delete doesn't work. Caps lock and num lock don't respond, the only way to get it back to work is hard reset.
    I have tried to reinstall Windows 10 twice, i have installed all the drivers from the cd i got with my pc. i Have increased the power level PC is allowed to consume. I have really no idea what to do, freezes make it impossible to work or play on this PC.

Please Help . I used all my saving to but this machine and it keeps dying on me

:)

kielpin21, Mar 4, 2016
  2. Joanne__S Win User

system service exception fltmgr.sys

i have a new build PC and have installed windows 10 as upgrade from 8.1. I have updated the drivers and installed only dropbox. The PC keeps crashing and giving me the blue screen informing me that it has suffered a problem and telling me to look up SYSTEM_SERVICES_EXCEPTION_FLTMGR.SYS.

Any ideas as to what is causing this? My dropbox is pretty big, but that should not cause a brand new seriously powerful PC to crash should it??

Joanne__S, Mar 4, 2016
  3. ji3patel Win User
    Troubleshooting Windows 8 and 10 Failure to Start

Hi, I am building a brand new PC and bought Win10 Pro USB Stick for $199. Win10 keeps crashing within less than a minute with different BSOD error message each time.

I replaced the RAM thinking of bad RAM to no avail. I also replaced the Motherboard thinking it was bad motherboard, but again to no avail. Created a brand new USB stick using Media creation tool and tried "Clean Install" with "Custom Install" option, but
    Win10 still keeps crashing either on startup or within 1min once I login. On phone customer tech support (sounds outside of USA from accent) don't understand that that it's a brand new PC build with brand new Win10 install and keep asking me about the upgrade.
    Can you provide me any help?? Is there an phone number I can call where I can talk to expert who can walk me step by step to troubleshoot Win10 crashes?? Here's my PC config -

Processor: Intel i7-4700K (New Retail box)

Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme6 (New Retail box)

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw X series 2x8GB 1866 DDR3 (New Retail)

Thanks.

ji3patel, Mar 4, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, Sorry to hear of your problem.
    Basics: Do you experience these freezes only after installing additional software? Try a clean boot and check for freezes then.

There are 54 pages in this thread on random freezes..

Windows 10 freezes randomly - Windows 10 Forums

Please feel free to search the forum for (e.g.)
    PC freezes
    random freeze

When you've had a look thru things people have suggested and tried, if still no solution, post back with a list of what you've tried.

Good luck!

dalchina, Mar 8, 2016
  5. CountMike New Member
    Could be HW related, heating, PSU etc.

CountMike, Mar 8, 2016
  6. Basenco Win User
    I 2nd Hardware related!!! Open your case and check your memory modules. Pull each one out and then re-install each one. Always start with the minor simple things first!

Basenco, Mar 8, 2016
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Since it's new, why not return it and have them give you a new one? A new PC should not have problems.

Ztruker, Mar 9, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

.. except for what the user does to it...*chuckle albeit inadvertently of course.. like installing programs or even just changing settings - which in Win 10 can quite easily upset Cortana, e.g.

dalchina, Mar 9, 2016
  9. Ztruker Win User
    True.

I'm also curious about this from the initial post:

How was this done? I've never seen this mentioned anywhere before.

Ztruker, Mar 10, 2016
  10. kielpin21 Win User
    the only thing i installed on my pc besides drivers and antivirus is wow. i tried to reconnect memory, and do the memtest, with no results . it says that there are no errors . once again i re installed all the drivers from developers websites just to make sure that they are up to date . I have checked temperature they seem to be the way they suppose to be.

I have already contacted company where i bought my pc, but still i would much rather solve it on my own and don't go thru process of sending it back and stuff .
    One thing i have noticed is that if I'm browsing net constantly everything is alright but let's say i take break so that pc goes to sleep and then i wake it up, that's usually the moment when its crush. Or last time it crushed when i have exited wow and tried to close system . so i kind of see the pattern over there.

I increased power level after several days of crushing and right now it's back to factory settings , so i doubt that it could be problem.

kielpin21, Mar 10, 2016
  11. dalchina New Member
    Have you looked at the reliability monitor?
    (E.g. in Cortana's search box type reliability, then click 'View reliability history')

Note the times of some crashes, see 'reliability history' and look for reports at those times.
    Please post a screenshot of your reliability history and any relevant reports.

Drivers: do not try to update drivers on your PC yourself. These are maintained by Windows in Win 10. Any drivers of a different version to that Uncle MS has chosen will be replaced unless you take specific action.

(Drivers not maintained by MS are a different matter of course)

But you should take advantage of your supplier and refer this to them if you have a clean build.

dalchina, Mar 10, 2016
  12. Ztruker Win User
    Let me ask again, what does this mean? How are you increasing power level? What exactly are you doing?

I increased power level after several days of crushing and right now it's back to factory settings

Ztruker, Mar 11, 2016
  13. kielpin21 Win User

with the power level. it was something like power restriction something like that. and it meant so that windows will use maximum power available so that it won't crush. but its out off the picture its back to factory settings

im not quiet what do you mean with reliability report. im not able to past the whole report to here as it is .xml folder
    My brand new PC keeps crashing [​IMG]
    one.XML Processing...x

kielpin21, Mar 11, 2016
  14. kielpin21 Win User

kielpin21, Mar 11, 2016
  15. dalchina New Member
    How to access the reliability report: I said:
    (E.g. in Cortana's search box type reliability, then click 'View reliability history')

so, the long version:
    1. In the Cortana search box which you probably see in your taskbar, type
    "reliability" - without the "" <Return>
    2. In the results, look at the top, you should see
    View reliability history

3. Click on that.

4. You should then see sthg like this:

5. You can click on the x's to get individual reports.

My previous post suggested how to use these.

dalchina, Mar 11, 2016
Thema:

1. My brand new PC keeps crashing - Similar Threads - brand keeps crashing

2. Windows 11 installer keeps crashing on brand new pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 installer keeps crashing on brand new pc: Windows install keeps crashing on brand new pcHi,I just built a new pc ryzen 7600, gigabyte a620i ax, western digital SN770 NVMe, 32gb corsair vengeance 4800mhz ram, rtx4070ti supernot installed yet. I created a win11 installer on my macbook using parallels vm. The windows...
  3. Windows 11 installer keeps crashing on brand new pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 installer keeps crashing on brand new pc: Windows install keeps crashing on brand new pcHi,I just built a new pc ryzen 7600, gigabyte a620i ax, western digital SN770 NVMe, 32gb corsair vengeance 4800mhz ram, rtx4070ti supernot installed yet. I created a win11 installer on my macbook using parallels vm. The windows...
  4. Brand New PC. Keep crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand New PC. Keep crashing.: Hey there! I have posted once before about an issue and it seemed to have been fixed for 2ish days. Every time I play games, I will blue screen and get many different errors. Memory Management, IRQL not less or equal, etc... I have been told that it could be corrupted drivers...
  5. Brand New PC. Keep crashing.

Brand New PC. Keep crashing.: Hey there! I have posted once before about an issue and it seemed to have been fixed for 2ish days. Every time I play games, I will blue screen and get many different errors. Memory Management, IRQL not less or equal, etc... I have been told that it could be corrupted drivers...
  6. Brand New Pc is Lagging and crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand New Pc is Lagging and crashing: Lagging And apps and games crashing pcHello my brand new pc is lagging when i want to play a video on my video editor thats lagging a lot the same when i play roblox the hole game lagging, some time its crashing as i have many games, apps and popups openhow can i fix that, i...
  7. Brand New Pc is Lagging and crashing

Brand New Pc is Lagging and crashing: Lagging And apps and games crashing pcHello my brand new pc is lagging when i want to play a video on my video editor thats lagging a lot the same when i play roblox the hole game lagging, some time its crashing as i have many games, apps and popups openhow can i fix that, i...
  8. BRAND NEW laptop keeps crashing !

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BRAND NEW laptop keeps crashing !: Hi!!! I just got an HP Omen 15 laptop 3 days ago. It has Windows 10 installed, and for some reason it keeps crashing. I get the blue screen that says “your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart”. I tried to update most of my drivers to see if that would fix the issue and...
  9. Brand new PC build keeps freezing?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brand new PC build keeps freezing?: Hi, I recently upgraded my PC and installed the latest version of Windows 10. However, I've been experiencing issues where the PC will occasionally freeze temporarily and the CPU speed will spike to 4.7 GHz. I'm just on my Desktop with a couple of programs open, usually Task...
  10. Brand new PC keeps crashing (ntkrlrmp.exe & nvlddkm.sys)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brand new PC keeps crashing (ntkrlrmp.exe & nvlddkm.sys): Hello, my brand new Skylake (Scan 3XS) PC keeps crashing. I had Windows 10 Home originally, but upgraded to 64-bit Pro version and a fresh install. I thought it was down to Bitdefender. Everything seemed fine once I uninstalled it. However the BSODs are back. A common theme...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my asus x555u keeps crashing