Windows 10: My brightness increase button no longer works past a certain brightness?

Discus and support My brightness increase button no longer works past a certain brightness? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My laptop's brightness buttons used to work as you would expect them too. Recently, I've noticed that my brightness increase button only works if the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JG143, Feb 27, 2024.

1. JG143 Win User

My brightness increase button no longer works past a certain brightness?

My laptop's brightness buttons used to work as you would expect them too. Recently, I've noticed that my brightness increase button only works if the brightness is at or below around 20%. Otherwise it can't increase. Does anyone know what might be causing this? Seems like a software issue since it works to increase the brightness from 0 to 1 to 2.

:)

JG143, Feb 27, 2024
  2. sammy Win User

Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Feb 27, 2024
  3. Surface Pro 4 can't increase brightness

So just as the title says I cant increase the brightness above a certain setting on my surface pro 4 i5. For some stupid reason everything above "suggested" is the same brightness setting as the suggested setting. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't,
    for example I hadn't been able to get higher screen brightness than suggested for the last 2 days but at the time I was writing this it suddenly starts working again.

I'm posting this mostly so Microsoft becomes aware of the issue. It seems that it has something to do with plugging the charger in and out because it usually happens after that but not always.

Jackbobben, Feb 27, 2024
  4. My brightness increase button no longer works past a certain brightness?

Windows 10 brightness not increasing

I've just upgraded to Windows 10, but the brightness on my laptop screen is at the minimum and does not change. Adaptive brightness is turned off and the drivers are up to date. The hardware buttons do not work to increase brightness and I can't access
    the change brightness option on the battery menu. Please help!

NaitikJain, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

My brightness increase button no longer works past a certain brightness?

1. My brightness increase button no longer works past a certain brightness? - Similar Threads - brightness increase button

2. My brightness increase button no longer works past a certain brightness?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My brightness increase button no longer works past a certain brightness?: My laptop's brightness buttons used to work as you would expect them too. Recently, I've noticed that my brightness increase button only works if the brightness is at or below around 20%. Otherwise it can't increase. Does anyone know what might be causing this? Seems like a...
  3. Brightness increase/decrease buttons not working in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness increase/decrease buttons not working in Windows 11: When trying to increase or decrease my brightness, I normally hit F6 to decrease or F7 to increase. However, this feature has stopped working. The brightness slider at the bottom pops up when I click F6/7. However, it can only be decreased by one length when I click F6, which...
  4. Brightness increase/decrease buttons not working in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness increase/decrease buttons not working in Windows 11: When trying to increase or decrease my brightness, I normally hit F6 to decrease or F7 to increase. However, this feature has stopped working. The brightness slider at the bottom pops up when I click F6/7. However, it can only be decreased by one length when I click F6, which...
  5. Brightness increases to maximum.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness increases to maximum.: My eyes are sensitive to light, so I work with my Dell laptop at minimum brightness.But as I switch on my dell laptop every morning, 5 out of 10 times, while the laptop is booting, the brightness gets suddenly to maximum 0 to 100% by itself. Immediately after the booting is...
  6. Brightness increases to maximum.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness increases to maximum.: My eyes are sensitive to light, so I work with my Dell laptop at minimum brightness.But as I switch on my dell laptop every morning, 5 out of 10 times, while the laptop is booting, the brightness gets suddenly to maximum 0 to 100% by itself. Immediately after the booting is...
  7. No Brightness Sliders, No brightness Setting, Brightness Buttons do not work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Brightness Sliders, No brightness Setting, Brightness Buttons do not work.: My laptops settings for brightness Slides, Tab and buttons aren't working, I don't know what do at this point even considering I've tried everything suggested even restarting my laptop over 34 times. I've even uninstalled, disabled, installed and enabled the Generic Monitor...
  8. Brightness adjustment no longer works.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness adjustment no longer works.: I updated to the latest Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17763.348] version and now I can't adjust brightness at all anymore. Hope MS can fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-adjustment-no-longer-works/4bcab9d0-efb5-435c-9f39-9e833423970b
  9. My brightness buttons won't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My brightness buttons won't work: I have the newest version of the Surface Pro and the blue-ish keyboard that attaches to it. Earlier this morning the brightness buttons on the keyboard worked perfectly. However, now they won't work. I can go into settings and manually change the brightness, but it is very...
  10. Brightness buttons not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness buttons not working: Hello, I have hp elite laptop bought recently. Lately i recieved an update due to which my brightness controls and brightness buttons on keyboard have stopped working. I was not able to change brightness thru battery settings either. After updating display driver a few...