Windows 10: My Brother printer no longer will scan wirelessly since upgrading to Windows 11

Discus and support My Brother printer no longer will scan wirelessly since upgrading to Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Ever since upgrading to Windows 11, my Brother printer MFC-L8850 CDW will no longer scan using Windows 11. When I contacted Brother, they said the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DavidN73, Nov 29, 2021.

1. DavidN73 Win User

My Brother printer no longer will scan wirelessly since upgrading to Windows 11

Ever since upgrading to Windows 11, my Brother printer MFC-L8850 CDW will no longer scan using Windows 11. When I contacted Brother, they said the issues was with Windows and not Brother. Has anyone else had this similar issue? When reviewing the Brother website, they are not posting any issues with my particular printer.Any help would be greatly appreciated.David N.

:)

DavidN73, Nov 29, 2021
  2. PiKo Win User

Brother Printer exists & works, but won't "Install" - Why?

Check whether I understood you well.
    First try: Add new printer, Windows finds printer and loads its own drivers/programme automatically. It wprks but not with the Brother drivers.
    Second try: Brother package: failed
    I suggest a third try: Add new printer; the printer that I wanted is not listed; continue and see of your model is listed. in the list of printers.
    I had difficulties with setting up another Brother printer, and the third try solved it.

3. Printers no longer work in Windows 10

I upgraded to Windows 10, and my two network printers showed as "Offline" when the upgrade was complete. On either of my other two computers on the network, a Win 8.1 and a Win Vista PC, the printers continue to work normally. The default printer for all
    of these computers is a Brother 3170CDW, an is listed as active on my network router, both through the LAN, and through 802.11g access. The other printer is a Kodak ESP5250, and also works both over the LAN and wirelessly. Only the computer upgraded to Windows
    10 can no longer print to either of these printers.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing the Brother printer, but my computer cannot now detect it even when given the TCP/IP address. I have used the latest available driver set from Brother, which fails when it cannot detect the printer through this computer. I
    cannot therefore reinstall the printer to this computer.

What now?

FatherFrank, Nov 29, 2021
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

I am unable to print wirelessly to my Brother HL-2270DW printer

Hi Gary,

An outdated driver can cause issues when using your printer wirelessly. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Did you get any error messages when you try to print wirelessly, or is the printer not detected by your computer? If you got any error messages, please post a screenshot.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you use the printer troubleshooter while the printer is plugged to your computer. This tool was created to find and fix common issues with using printers in Windows 10. Check this

article
    for the steps on how to do it. If in case the issue still persists after using the troubleshooter, the article also provides the steps for updating the printer driver and resetting the Print Spooler service.

We look forward to your response and the result of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 29, 2021
Thema:

1. My Brother printer no longer will scan wirelessly since upgrading to Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Brother printer longer

2. printer, since updating the latest windows update my brother WIFI printer is no longer...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer, since updating the latest windows update my brother WIFI printer is no longer...: I have tried re-installing brother driver software, resetting setup, and many other suggestions, why is it Microsoft don't have a work around or a patch to resolve this issue, it is clearly a result of the Windows update?Steve "O"...
  3. printer, since updating the latest windows update my brother WIFI printer is no longer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer, since updating the latest windows update my brother WIFI printer is no longer...: I have tried re-installing brother driver software, resetting setup, and many other suggestions, why is it Microsoft don't have a work around or a patch to resolve this issue, it is clearly a result of the Windows update?Steve "O"...
  4. printer, since updating the latest windows update my brother WIFI printer is no longer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My Brother printer no longer will scan wirelessly since upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Brother printer no longer will scan wirelessly since upgrading to Windows 11: Ever since upgrading to Windows 11, my Brother printer MFC-L8850 CDW will no longer scan using Windows 11. When I contacted Brother, they said the issues was with Windows and not Brother. Has anyone else had this similar issue? When reviewing the Brother website, they are not...
  6. since updating to windows 10 my brother printer doesn't print but it still scans.

since updating to windows 10 my brother printer doesn't print but it still scans.: since updating to window 10 latest version my brother printer doesn't print but it still scans. I have uninstalled then reinstalled still no joy, don,t wont have to purchase a new printer, Any advise....
  7. Brother printer no longer prints, but it will scan.

Brother printer no longer prints, but it will scan.: Brother told me to delete 10 software updates KB 4560960 and KB 4557957 to get my printer to work again. Is this true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer-no-longer-prints-but-it-will-scan/3e4ed02b-fba5-47c2-b84c-db91caffdf37
  8. why is my brothers printer not working no more since the update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why is my brothers printer not working no more since the update: for some reason brothers printer is not working with the update , brothers costomer service said to get ahold of Microsoft to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/why-is-my-brothers-printer-not-working-no-more/6039ac85-9ab1-4551-9792-07c5742495e3
  9. Brother Printer cannot scan documents to my PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Brother Printer cannot scan documents to my PC: I have attempted scanning a document from my Brother MCF-L3745COW printer to my HP Pc but the printer says I need to change my firewall settings to allow the printer and PC to communicate. Does anyone know how to do this please? I have windows 10 on my PC...
  10. Brother printers - wireless connection

Brother printers - wireless connection: I have two Brother printers: HL-2270DW and MFC-L2700DW. If the internet connection goes out for any reason, it's a nightmare for both printers. When the internet connection is restored, they still will not print, even when the WLAN report says Connection OK. But here's the...