Windows 10: My brother removed my password while I was sleeping

Discus and support My brother removed my password while I was sleeping in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So last night after an argument surrounding internet safety when he caught me talking to a long-distance friend I put a password on my computer (I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DankerThanObama, Nov 2, 2019.

1. My brother removed my password while I was sleeping

So last night after an argument surrounding internet safety when he caught me talking to a long-distance friend I put a password on my computer (I didn't have one before because I figured I had nothing to hide, go figure), I also tested it out to make sure the password lock worked. When I woke up in the morning I instantly knew something happened, my laptop was moved slightly from where it usually is and the ethernet cable was removed (which I always leave plugged in). Not only that, when I opened it up, there was no password, at all, it just immediately logged in. Now I think he's trying (or is) monitoring my laptop. I've went through everything to make sure he isn't monitoring anything (anymore).

Now my question is, how do I prevent him from removing my password again? I'm sure he just used some sort of loophole in the system.

Note: the password I used on my laptop I've never used on anything else, it was something I came up with on the spot and there's no way in a trillion years he would've figured it out.

submitted by /u/DankerThanObama
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DankerThanObama, Nov 2, 2019

2. Windows 10 User Password

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for showing interest in Windows 10.

Unfortunately there is no way to see what password you have stored on your account. I would suggest you to contact your brother and check if your brother remembers the password and can help you with it.

The other way is that you reset the password (if you are using a Microsoft account)

Reset your password

If you are using a local account, you may remove the password and set a strong password again by yourself or by consulting your brother. To remove the password, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Type control panel and click on Ok.
    • On the top right corner, change the view by to large icons.
    • Click on User accounts. And then click on manage another account.
    • Under the list, select your account and click remove/delete password.

Once the password is deleted, you may go to the same settings to set a new password.

Hope this information was helpful. Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Sahil Bali, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Isha Soni Win User
    Remove password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps on how to make your Local Account as Administrator Account.

Method 1:

To remove password from the User Account :

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Click on ‘Control panel’.
    • Select ‘User account’. (On which you want to disable password)
    • Click on Remove Passowrd and follow the instructions.

Method 2:

After removing password follow the below steps to disable password page from start up.

• Press ‘Windows + W’ key to search Apps.
    • Type keyword “netplwiz” in the search box
    • Open netplwiz window from search list.
    • On the user accounts page, uncheck the option
      “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”
      and click OK.
    • Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    If you want to change the Administrator account follow the steps.

• Login into your current Administrator Account.
    • Right click on Start button and select
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Account.
    • Select the option Manage another Account.
    • Select the Local Account.
    • Now select the option Change Account Type
      and select Administrator and click Change Account Type tab.

Try the above steps and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Nov 2, 2019
  4. hpu420 Win User

My brother removed my password while I was sleeping

Can't remove sleep password protection

I don't really take my Book (i5, no dGPU) out of the house. So I don't want it password protected. I removed the requirement for a password on start-up just fine. But it still requires the password after it's in sleep for a while. I can change it to one
    of the other options and it works as it should, but when it's set to 'Never', it still requires it. Any suggestions?

hpu420, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

My brother removed my password while I was sleeping

1. My brother removed my password while I was sleeping - Similar Threads - brother removed password

2. My brother used the same password for my pc when he reset it

in Windows 10 Customization
    My brother used the same password for my pc when he reset it: As you can see my brother who was using my pc had to change the password he said something popped up he didn't know what password to use so he just put in the same password one day after that I try to use my pc and I use the password and it doesn't work what should I do?...
  3. I want the key with my brother

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I want the key with my brother: your computer is locked and I dont remember my recovery key So I need help how can recover https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-the-key-with-my-brother/dd2629c7-b048-4a1a-a23b-c32246f51654
  4. Why is my brother's saved Usb still in my computer and how do I remove it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is my brother's saved Usb still in my computer and how do I remove it: So basically, here's the story, my brother needed to print his practice papers for an exam and since my computer is near my printer, he decide to use his usb to print his practice papers. Know after that's all done, I realized that his saved usb is still in my computer. Any...
  5. I am not able to remove my password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am not able to remove my password: I am not able to remove my password from lock screen i have opened the netplwiz setting and there is no option to untick" Users must enter a name and password to use this computer" i have also change my sign in option password setting to never...
  6. Remove my lockscreen password

Remove my lockscreen password: I have to enter my password whenever I open my laptop. I tried that setting in sign in option of never and that netplwiz to uncheck the box. Even though after doing this, password is asking. How to resolve this?...
  7. Password for my deceased brother's computer.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password for my deceased brother's computer.: How do I get a sign on password for my deceased brother's computer. I am the administrator of his estate. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-for-my-deceased-brothers-computer/2e2ffb5c-acb9-4a32-882f-7dc57699b123
  8. I need to remove an administrative account from my desktop my brother put it on then moved...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need to remove an administrative account from my desktop my brother put it on then moved...: my brother put it on then moved away now I can't play any new games because of his administrative actions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-remove-an-administrative-account-from-my/a38215c3-51ca-4bb7-93d7-99a65cba1f7c
  9. Cant remove my password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant remove my password: After getting a new nvme drive i logged into my microsoft account upon the pc booting it required a pin to use as a password when booting. The problem is that when i remove it the pc asks for a password log in and when i remove the password it asks for a pin, and so on, how...
  10. My computer snores while it is sleeping

My computer snores while it is sleeping: When I close a program back to my desktop my computer goes to a dark screen in about five minutes, just like I set it to do. Shortly after that it starts to play a two-tone chord similar to someone ringing a chime-type doorbell, but softer, like it is from a vibraphone being...