Windows 10: My Brother scanner wont connect to my PC

Discus and support My Brother scanner wont connect to my PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a multi use printer/scanner. The printer works perfectly wireless but I cannot connect the scanner. It worked on my old laptop I have since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoCraven1, Feb 18, 2021.

1. JoCraven1 Win User

My Brother scanner wont connect to my PC

I have a multi use printer/scanner. The printer works perfectly wireless but I cannot connect the scanner.

It worked on my old laptop I have since deleted it from my old laptop now

:)

JoCraven1, Feb 18, 2021

2. Brother MFC7860DW Scanner

Hello Wycliffe,

One of the possible reasons why you're having issues with the connected scanner is an outdated driver
    and that update is necessary. However,
    in order for us to provide you with a better resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you get any error messages or error code?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you download and install the latest drivers for the device from the Brother website?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Feb 18, 2021
  3. icon for brothers printer and scanner

I had to reinstall my brother printer and scanner my icon is no longer on desktop. I need it to use the scanner. Any suggestions

JaniceCorrall, Feb 18, 2021
  4. My Brother scanner wont connect to my PC

Brother MFC-7820N Prints But No Scanner

Migrated from Windows XP to Windows 10, and printer works fine but scanner function and PC no longer communicate over the network. Doesn't matter if starting from scanner or computer. Reloaded drivers and had computer search for new devices without effect.
    Suggestion of the next step appreciated.

BeverlyRedd, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

My Brother scanner wont connect to my PC

1. My Brother scanner wont connect to my PC - Similar Threads - Brother scanner wont

2. Brother Printer/Scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother Printer/Scanner: Brother Printer/Scanner no longer communicates with my computer after recent updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printerscanner/9ae15932-75c7-419f-a8fb-5114f1154691
  3. Brother Printer/Scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother Printer/Scanner: Brother Printer/Scanner no longer communicates with my computer after recent updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printerscanner/9ae15932-75c7-419f-a8fb-5114f1154691
  4. Brother Printer/Scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem with Brother Scanner

Problem with Brother Scanner: I have an MFC-L2700WD printer/scanner, connected to 2 Dell computers via home wifi network. I can print from both machines, but scan from only one. From the Brother utitilies I get "The scanner isn't available. Make sure the device is turned on and is connected to your...
  6. Need help connecting scanner to my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help connecting scanner to my PC: What do i need to do to connect scanner to my HP computer? I have a HP Office Jet 6958 that's a 3 in 1 but I have never used the scanner. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-connecting-scanner-to-my-pc/3ac9c584-3e50-41d9-a919-c2d98691d3f0
  7. Brother printer/scanner

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Brother printer/scanner: Can anybody help? I have just come back from holiday and the scanner appears to have stopped working. I am using the ControlCentre4 and it keeps coming up with an error code saying printer not found. The code is CC4-202. The printer is being picked up when I print and...
  8. my controller wont connect to my pc

my controller wont connect to my pc: my controller used to always work and one day it just stopped turning on when connected to my pc I tried different wires and controllers nothing fixes it. I've figured out that my controller is getting power from the pc but it just doesn't work....
  9. Brother printer scanner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brother printer scanner: The printer works ok, but I cant scan/file or email. The message I get is "Unable to write the file to destination folder Brother say its a Microsoft issue. I am the sole user of my computer, and the only administrator Its so bad, I will have to buy another printer as...
  10. My Brother Printer will not scan from my laptop; it says my scanner is not connected

My Brother Printer will not scan from my laptop; it says my scanner is not connected: My scanner on Brother printer has stopped scanning from my laptop; it says that scanner is not connected. It was working fine before....