Windows 10: My brother's files are all of a sudden on my laptop and onedrive but I never shared them...

Discus and support My brother's files are all of a sudden on my laptop and onedrive but I never shared them... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm very confused because all of a sudden I can access my brother's files from my laptop and my microsoft account but they were never shared with me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SaraAndrews1, Oct 23, 2020.

1. My brother's files are all of a sudden on my laptop and onedrive but I never shared them...

I'm very confused because all of a sudden I can access my brother's files from my laptop and my microsoft account but they were never shared with me and vice versa. He says he can also see and access all of my files. How do I fix this problem without accidently deleting his files to where he can no longer access them and vice versa.

:)

SaraAndrews1, Oct 23, 2020

2. sharing files

Hi Tracie,

If you would like to share files and folders, we suggest you to use OneDrive. Here are the

steps
    on how to Share OneDrive files and folders.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Oct 23, 2020
  3. B. Parker Win User
    OneDrive Shared Folder not Sharing Files

I created a View-Only Shared OneDrive Folder with another person.

I have confirmed that this folder is visible on their OneDrive Account and was downloaded onto all their devices.

I then added files to the Folder, but the files themselves have not been shared. The files are visible in my account, on all my devices, but on their side, the Folder remains empty.

Did I miss a step?

P.S. - both of us are running Win10Pro with all the updates installed.

B. Parker, Oct 23, 2020
  4. My brother's files are all of a sudden on my laptop and onedrive but I never shared them...

OneDrive sharing help

Its should be indefinite. I have a shared folder with a friend of mine for about two years now. Is it automatically cutting off?

TheMailMan78, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

My brother's files are all of a sudden on my laptop and onedrive but I never shared them...

1. My brother's files are all of a sudden on my laptop and onedrive but I never shared them... - Similar Threads - brother's files are

2. Move all my files from onedrive to my personal PC and delete them from OneDrive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move all my files from onedrive to my personal PC and delete them from OneDrive.: I want to move everything from OneDrive to my LOCAL PC and delete ONeDrive. Please help with this. I want to copy and paste from my onedrive to my local "Home" desktop folder.I unlinked my onedrive after I stopped all the files from syncing in the system folder. Now all of my...
  3. Move all my files from onedrive to my personal PC and delete them from OneDrive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move all my files from onedrive to my personal PC and delete them from OneDrive.: I want to move everything from OneDrive to my LOCAL PC and delete ONeDrive. Please help with this. I want to copy and paste from my onedrive to my local "Home" desktop folder.I unlinked my onedrive after I stopped all the files from syncing in the system folder. Now all of my...
  4. Windows 11 PC suddenly removed all my local files to OneDrive, and I cannot access them...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PC suddenly removed all my local files to OneDrive, and I cannot access them...: I recently got a new laptop HP running Windows 11 and copied my data from my old one to an external drive, then put it into the local folders on the hard drive i.e. Documents, Pictures, Music.I have never used OneDrive for synching purposes and did not want anything synched,...
  5. Windows 11 PC suddenly removed all my local files to OneDrive, and I cannot access them...

Windows 11 PC suddenly removed all my local files to OneDrive, and I cannot access them...: I recently got a new laptop HP running Windows 11 and copied my data from my old one to an external drive, then put it into the local folders on the hard drive i.e. Documents, Pictures, Music.I have never used OneDrive for synching purposes and did not want anything synched,...
  6. I can get to all of my picture files on my laptop OneDrive app but half of them are missing...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can get to all of my picture files on my laptop OneDrive app but half of them are missing...: I can get to all of my pictures stored on OneDrive on my laptop app but half of them are missing on the app on my phone? How is this possible and how do I fix this?...
  7. I can get to all of my picture files on my laptop OneDrive app but half of them are missing...

I can get to all of my picture files on my laptop OneDrive app but half of them are missing...: I can get to all of my pictures stored on OneDrive on my laptop app but half of them are missing on the app on my phone? How is this possible and how do I fix this?...
  8. I can get to all of my picture files on my laptop OneDrive app but half of them are missing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Onedrive-I never wanted it and it stole my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive-I never wanted it and it stole my files: I just built a new PC. After adding all my documents and files from my previous PC, all my files are gone and are now stored in the cloud. There seems to be no way to have one drive send the files back to the folders Onedrive stole them from. I don't want onedrive and...
  10. Four small Excel files disappeared from onedrive all of the sudden. Never had the files on...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Four small Excel files disappeared from onedrive all of the sudden. Never had the files on...: PLEASE HELP, I AM SCREWED! We have been working on about 4 Excel files for several years with my colleagues at work. Since the files are only so small we had them saved on onedrive, but non of us maintained a copy of the files ourselves. In the past we would have multiple...