Windows 10: My brothers laptop cannot update

Discus and support My brothers laptop cannot update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, my brother has a refurbished hp stream 14, people say it can play mc bedrock and, it says it is not supported on the microsoft store, I though... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SandyPlayz86, May 23, 2020.

1. My brothers laptop cannot update

Hello, my brother has a refurbished hp stream 14, people say it can play mc bedrock and, it says it is not supported on the microsoft store, I though maybe it need a update, but no, it says it had a problem updating while checking for updates.

Will a external hard drive fix the issue?

I know it only has 32gb emmc storage, and 2 gb ram.

and a intel celeron processor, but that should't really matter cause my laptop is a little older and it plays mc bedrock, it crashes but it still plays.

Will an external hard drive storage help in any way?

if not, then We need a really cheap laptop that plays games well, and has lots of storage.

Please, help.

:)

SandyPlayz86, May 23, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, May 23, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond My brothers laptop cannot update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 23, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

My brothers laptop cannot update

Can't Access networked Brother Laser printer- To print or use Web I/f

Not all Printer drivers are included in the installation media. Even mine (Brother HL-4040CN), you would need to manually add it to the list:

1. Control Panel->Devices and Printers->Add a Printer
    2. Follow the steps to set up a network printer. At one point, Windows will search for available printer, click on "The printer that I want isn't listed"
    3. Click on "Windows Updates". Windows will start downloading a complete list of Printers.
    4. Select your printer name & model then install.

EDIT: Just tried to install as a USB printer for MFC-7820N since I don't have this printer to set up as a network printer. The result as shown in the list after clicking on "Windows Update":

My brothers laptop cannot update [​IMG]

topgundcp, May 23, 2020
Thema:

My brothers laptop cannot update

1. My brothers laptop cannot update - Similar Threads - brothers laptop cannot

2. How do I Connect A BROTHER Printer to my Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I Connect A BROTHER Printer to my Laptop: How do I connect a BROTHER Printer to my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-a-brother-printer-to-my-laptop/47e9fb5a-6d75-4d33-ba9a-470e4bf10575
  3. How do I Connect A BROTHER Printer to my Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I Connect A BROTHER Printer to my Laptop: How do I connect a BROTHER Printer to my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-a-brother-printer-to-my-laptop/47e9fb5a-6d75-4d33-ba9a-470e4bf10575
  4. Help me with my brothers laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help me with my brothers laptop: My brother cant remember his overlook password for his laptop. we try to recover it but it goes to restart it and ask the same things like troubleshoot ones and stuff but you need a password and he doesnt know it. but every option we choose it asks to restart and come back to...
  5. Help me with my brothers laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help me with my brothers laptop: My brother cant remember his overlook password for his laptop. we try to recover it but it goes to restart it and ask the same things like troubleshoot ones and stuff but you need a password and he doesnt know it. but every option we choose it asks to restart and come back to...
  6. My Laptop is not recognizing my Brother Printer on my network. Every other laptop/device...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Laptop is not recognizing my Brother Printer on my network. Every other laptop/device...: I have a Brother HL-L6200DW installed on my personal laptop running windows 10. I just spent an hour with a level 5 brother technician trying to figure out why my personal laptop which has been running this printer for ~6 months will no longer recognize it. We checked the...
  7. windows update disables my Brother Printer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows update disables my Brother Printer: windows update KB4560960 comes back after I uninstall. This update disables my MFC-290C Brother Printer. Need to stop this update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-disables-my-brother-printer/ce6bc2a0-d64b-442d-8ab9-734aa593be38
  8. W10 update killed my Brother printer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 update killed my Brother printer: June 13, 2020 W10 version 10.0.18362 A recent W10 update (the actual update number isn't available) knocked out my trusty Brother HL 4070cdw printer. All W10 debug attempts, Brother printer settings, wifi and router settings to determine the trouble reported OK e.g....
  9. Brother Printer cannot scan documents to my PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Brother Printer cannot scan documents to my PC: I have attempted scanning a document from my Brother MCF-L3745COW printer to my HP Pc but the printer says I need to change my firewall settings to allow the printer and PC to communicate. Does anyone know how to do this please? I have windows 10 on my PC...
  10. trading windows 10 laptops with my brother

in Windows 10 Support
    trading windows 10 laptops with my brother: Hello all, me and my brother want to trade laptops and they both have windows 10. how do we go about moving his files and stuff to mine, and vice versa? thank you *Smile mark 61423