Windows 10: My browser keeps randomly opening tabs on opera, and it's always the microsoft support page.

Discus and support My browser keeps randomly opening tabs on opera, and it's always the microsoft support page. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So basically my browser opera which i since deleted, has been randomly opening the microsoft support, page, and it's always at 11:21am, and it's also... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tyree47, May 15, 2019.

1. Tyree47 Win User

My browser keeps randomly opening tabs on opera, and it's always the microsoft support page.

So basically my browser opera which i since deleted, has been randomly opening the microsoft support, page, and it's always at 11:21am, and it's also been happening on Microsoft edge, i first thought someone i may live with may have been snooping through my computer, but i realized nobody would be able to guess my password, and also it always happens at a specific time which is 11:21pm or am, I don't know why it keeps opening this page, but it does, it starts off by opening my default page, like the page your browser opens when the browser starts, which for my browser it was duckduckgo.com, so it would basically open that then it would open this page by microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/hub/4338813/windows-help?os=windows-10

I still have no idea to this day why it does this, but i got very nervous about the whole situation, so i ran anti-malware programs such as malware bytes, which i still have on my pc, at the time i am writing this, and i am currently running a virus scan, with bitdefender at the moment. But my computer has not detected anything when i ran malware bytes, so i don't know if my computer is doing this by it's self, or if windows is updating while i am not using it, i hope that's the case. Cause i don't click on sketchy links or go to sketchy websites so i have no idea how this would happen, and before i uninstalled opera, i saw that it said i installed it on May 14th 2019 which is yesterday at the time i am writing this, and obviously i didn't uninstall my browser than reinstall it. But from seeing that, it made me even more worried so i than checked task manager to see if any sketchy things were running on my computer, and i saw "WMI PROVIDER HOST" Was running on my computer in plain sight, and i know some of you may respond to this saying it's apart of the computer and it helps the computer run basic things, but the thing is, THIS WASN'T ON MY COMPUTER THE OTHER DAY, Literally this wasn't on my computer the other day, i check task manager everyday, and i only do that because my computer has been doing sketchy things recently, such as opening random tabs while i'm not on it, like what i previously mentioned, so i don't know if i have a virus or spyware, or malware on my computer, or some type of keylogger, but if someone could help me that would be greatly appreciated. And one more thing, i now am using the "brave browser" now, so if this problem keeps happening then i know, it's something on my computer that is causing this issue.

:)

Tyree47, May 15, 2019

2. Opera browser questions?

I decided to try Opera again after spending quite a bit of time using Iron. The version is 12.10. There's a lot of settings for it but there's a few things I need to know.

1. Zoom size

For the most part 130% zoom works for me, but it varies on some sites. The static options in the settings jump from 120% to 150%, and the fit to width function doesn't seem to even work. Is there any way to get it to remember exact webpage zoom size for each site like most browsers do?

2. Shortcuts

In Iron and other browsers my custom Taskbar Toolbar shortcuts always open by themselves. With Opera when I click on a Taskbar Toolbar shortcut it wants to Open my homepage and load the shortcut page in a tab next to it. Is there a way to get them to just load their own shortcut page?

3. Opera Turbo

When I tried turning it on even the Opera Portal home page would not load and I got a script error at the bottom of the page saying something about your browser not having a set script size or something. Anyone know about this?

Frag Maniac, May 15, 2019
  3. Kyle559 Win User
    Edge Browser randomly opens new tab with advertisement for Microsoft office

The Microsoft Edge Browser randomly opens a new tab with advertisement to buy Microsoft office. I'm on windows 10 anniversary update. I've turned off notifications but it keeps happening about once per day. How do I shut it off?

Kyle559, May 15, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

My browser keeps randomly opening tabs on opera, and it's always the microsoft support page.

Opera Neon new concept browser is born

Source:
    Say hello to Opera Neon, our new concept browser - Opera Desktop

Brink, May 15, 2019
Thema:

1. My browser keeps randomly opening tabs on opera, and it's always the microsoft support page. - Similar Threads - browser keeps randomly

2. Opera opening thousands of help tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opera opening thousands of help tabs: Hey so I was just watching YouTube and out of nowhere opera started opening help tabs automatically and they won't stop opening and opens thousands of tabs and my laptop is weak so it's hard to close opera and after when i click on opera gx to open it again it open Microsoft...
  3. Opera opening thousands of help tabs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opera opening thousands of help tabs: Hey so I was just watching YouTube and out of nowhere opera started opening help tabs automatically and they won't stop opening and opens thousands of tabs and my laptop is weak so it's hard to close opera and after when i click on opera gx to open it again it open Microsoft...
  4. Opera opening thousands of help tabs

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Opera browser crashes when opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opera browser crashes when opening: I recently installed Opera on my computer and when I launched it, it closed immediately. Does anyone know how to fix this?Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opera-browser-crashes-when-opening/3c8a7cc7-0b49-4e85-80ed-78254a5b6ff6
  6. Opera Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Opera Browser: I have been using the Opera browser for over a year and up until recently it has worked fine. For some reason now, it does NOT open hardly any website. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Nothing seems to help. Any ideas? 172829
  7. XBox Controller opening Language pack support page on Opera GX Default browser

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    XBox Controller opening Language pack support page on Opera GX Default browser: Using my X Box Controller will allow me to play with Tony Hawk Pro SSkater 1&2 , the problem is that it triggers some kind of shortcut that opens an Opera GX page for Language packages with the following...
  8. MSN page randomly opening no matter the browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MSN page randomly opening no matter the browser: I read through a few suggestions on this matter and Stitches was the one that helped. Mine happened when i powered of my router, waited a minute and then repowered it, after 5 mins of sorting itself out, everything went back online and my PC opened chrome to MSN, my partner...
  9. Internet browser keep openings lots a tabs automatically.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet browser keep openings lots a tabs automatically.: I ve tried using different browsers, full system restore, usb boot and re installed windows. Nothing has helped ,keeps happening. Is this a virus, has anyone had this issue? submitted by /u/pa_rx1991 [link] [comments]...
  10. Tabs keep opening on help pages

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tabs keep opening on help pages: Hey y'all, so recently my browsers: Microsoft edge, chrome, Firefox, (mainly Microsoft edge) keep opening "Microsoft support", "Windows 10 help", and when I'm on discord - "Discord support" opens. (Currently, the record for the amount of tabs that have opened is over 2k.)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. opera keeps opening randomly

2. computer keeps opening new tabs opera

3. opera browser keeps opening on its own