Windows 10: my browsing was interrupted by pctonics.com warning me of worms and viruses. Is this legit?

Discus and support my browsing was interrupted by pctonics.com warning me of worms and viruses. Is this legit? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Can I trust pctonics .com to clean out worms and viruses it claims to have detected in my computer?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JudithGarner, Aug 8, 2018.

1. my browsing was interrupted by pctonics.com warning me of worms and viruses. Is this legit?

Can I trust pctonics .com to clean out worms and viruses it claims to have detected in my computer?

:)

JudithGarner, Aug 8, 2018
  2. DK_8888 Win User

Worm: Win32/Rebhip.Z and Worm: Win32/Rebhip.U

Hi,

my computer has been infected by these 2 viruses (Worm: Win32/Rebhip.Z and Worm: Win32/Rebhip.U). Whenever I scan with Windows Defender it does not find anything. However, when i reboot the computer it automatically quarantines them each time i reboot.

How do i get rid of these viruses?? Is there a safe program outside of Windows Defender? I tried deleting some temporary files and updating my java and chrome as this website suggested but no luck. Please help! Thanks!

DK_8888, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Ken Blake Win User
    Is the "trojan worm" virus real or just hackers phissing?

Two points:

1. There is no such thing as a "trojan worm virus." Trojans, worms, and viruses are three different kinds of malware.

2. You are clearly infected. But the flash post with a voiceover warning is a symptom of the infection itself. It is not telling you about some other infection; it *is*the infection.

Do not call the alleged Windows/Microsft phone number. It is not a Microsoft number. Instead, download and run the free MalwareBytes AntiMalware at Free Cyber Security & Anti-Malware Software and see if that gets rid of it for you.

Ken Blake, Aug 8, 2018
  4. Le Boule Win User

my browsing was interrupted by pctonics.com warning me of worms and viruses. Is this legit?

Worm: Win32/Rebhip.Z and Worm: Win32/Rebhip.U

See the following document from the MMPC:
    https://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/threat/encyclopedia/entry.aspx?Name=Worm:Win32/Rebhip.Z

Try scanning your flash drives with Windows Defender.

Even better try scanning your flash drives with Malwarebytes Free
    https://www.malwarebytes.org/free/

Also see
    https://www.usbfix.net/update-exe-2/

Regards...

Le Boule, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

my browsing was interrupted by pctonics.com warning me of worms and viruses. Is this legit?

1. my browsing was interrupted by pctonics.com warning me of worms and viruses. Is this legit? - Similar Threads - browsing was interrupted

2. is this website scam or legit? www.btc8055.com

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    is this website scam or legit? www.btc8055.com: Someone sent me a private information on this website. It involves crypto ownership but looks fishy, especially because we don't know each other and there's money involved....
  3. is this website scam or legit? www.btc8055.com

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is this website scam or legit? www.btc8055.com: Someone sent me a private information on this website. It involves crypto ownership but looks fishy, especially because we don't know each other and there's money involved....
  4. is this website scam or legit? www.btc8055.com

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is this a legit security warning?

Is this a legit security warning?: Sorry for posting in the Windows forum. I can find anything related to security. :- I received an email From: Microsoft account team <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> and am not sure of it is legit. I haven't been able to find info on this, nor can I find a...
  6. Virus Warning

Virus Warning: Hi, I have the following Virus Warning in the centre of my screen: Virus Warning Program integrity check failed. Please check for viruses on your computer. If program is not infected, it had been patched There is a yellow exclamation mark warning symbol to the left and...
  7. My Windows computer is full of viruses and or worms..

My Windows computer is full of viruses and or worms..: Would it be better to try and clean it? Or should I just try and get a new computer or hardrive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-windows-computer-is-full-of-viruses-and-or/d5b1f76a-ceaf-4f82-a8a7-833275453f2f
  8. Legit Update or Virus?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Legit Update or Virus?: i keep getting some weird update notification on my desktop, once a week ago, then a few mins ago.. it always says something about restarting and updating to stay in support. Windows has never notified me like this through the desktop, that's why i was not sure what to do...
  9. Legit Update or Virus?

in Windows 10 Support
    Legit Update or Virus?: i keep getting some weird update notification on my desktop, once a week ago, then a few mins ago.. it always says something about restarting and updating to stay in support. Windows has never notified me like this through the desktop, that's why i was not sure what to do...
  10. Virus warning

Virus warning: Regularly receiving virus warnings from:...