Windows 10: My built Computer is stuck in a Windows Setup Loop trying to install Windows 10, or just...

Discus and support My built Computer is stuck in a Windows Setup Loop trying to install Windows 10, or just... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Tl;dR: My PC keeps booting into Windows Setup or saying "Reboot and select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Questiontest[1], Jan 9, 2021.

1. My built Computer is stuck in a Windows Setup Loop trying to install Windows 10, or just...

Tl;dR: My PC keeps booting into Windows Setup or saying "Reboot and select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key". I don't know what else to try.

I built my first PC yesterday and so far it seems like the hardware is running fine. However, whenever I start it, it keeps booting up the Windows Setup to install it.

When I "install" it, and it should work, it just restarts and boots from the USB Drive again. I used the official Microsoft Tool for the first time, and Rufus on a second USB drive as well the second time. I am slowly running out of ideas what to do, I think I've spent about 12 hours yesterday trying to set it up. My Specs are:

• Motherboard: MGB MSI z390 Gaming Edge AC

• CPU: i7 9700k

• GPU: R9 390 8gb

• SSD: Samsung Evo 860 250gb

• RAM: 16g 3200mhz

Here is a list of things I already tried

• Format the SSD so I can load windows ontonit

• Format the USB Drive and install the Official Windows Installation tool on it

• Format a second USB Drive and use Rufus on it as well

• Flash my Bios to the latest version

• Use Bios Default Settings

• Change Bios Default Settings from CSM

Legacy + UEFi to UEFI only

• Clean the SSD using Diskpart, then creating a partition, marking it as active and assignint it while using default settings

• Cleaning the SSD again with Diskpart, then converting it to GPT and creating a partition, marking it as active and assigning it

• Switching Cables and SATA Ports for the SSD

• Pulling out the USB Drive while the PC restarts after installation

• Marking the USB Partition as active and setting it to boot first

• Pulling out the USB Drive and then putting the SSD as Boot Priority

• Try to use Bios in Legacy + UEFI, then try to load the "red" SSD thats got a name instead of "Hard Drive" or"UEFI Hard Drive"

However, after the last step, if I install Windows, remove the USB Drive and then start up again, all I see is

~Reboot and Select proper Boot Device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key~

So apparently it doesn't recognize my SSD.

If I try to put the "named" SSD First without a USB Drive, I just receive the above message.

If I use UEFI BIOS, it just keeps using the USB Drive if it's inserted, if not it loads into Bios.

When I then insert the USB Drive again and try to install Windows, it shows that there is now Data on the Partition.

I honestly feel like I ran out or options, is there anything I can do?

:)

Questiontest[1], Jan 9, 2021

2. Windows 10 stuck in installation loop on tablet

Now it won't even go on recovery since the screen is unresponsive as soon as it hits the windows software or whatever. I mean I press F9 and when I try to go on "advanced options" or "restart pc" it wont let me select it. I have this hub, but seems like it doesn't have enough mmm enough energy to pull all that through! I installed it through command prompt, as I told you. The installation wet fully through, then it said "the computer will restart now for some final changes or whatevere" and it restarted, now it's stuck on select a wifi network, I tried connecting my mouse or my keyboard and it doesn't seem to read them, only when I'm on UEFI, once it hits something related to windows, dead.

CHOCOSPARK, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Computer Stuck in Boot Loop

Hi,

We are glad that you tried some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue, but usually the issue occurs due to corrupted system file. In order for us to assist you, we suggest to check this thread and look for Deepika Gowda answer. It contains troubleshooting
    steps pertaining to the issue:
    Computer stuck with a reboot loop on Windows 10

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jan 9, 2021
  4. My built Computer is stuck in a Windows Setup Loop trying to install Windows 10, or just...

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

My built Computer is stuck in a Windows Setup Loop trying to install Windows 10, or just...

1. My built Computer is stuck in a Windows Setup Loop trying to install Windows 10, or just... - Similar Threads - built Computer stuck

2. trying to install windows 10 on a clean HD and it's stuck in a loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    trying to install windows 10 on a clean HD and it's stuck in a loop: So how this started, my son was watching Youtube. It reset and got stuck in an endless reboot/startup. I tried downloading a fresh windows 10 and it went straight to the orange screen with grey vertical lines. After various things, i pulled a drive from another computer,...
  3. Installation stuck on 64 and just looping

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation stuck on 64 and just looping: I gave my PC to my sister and wants to install windows again after doing factory reset. However, the installation keeps stopping on 64% and after restarting will still give the same problem....
  4. Installation stuck on 64 and just looping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation stuck on 64 and just looping: I gave my PC to my sister and wants to install windows again after doing factory reset. However, the installation keeps stopping on 64% and after restarting will still give the same problem....
  5. Installation stuck on 64 and just looping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Stuck in a loop trying to log into Windows after a new setup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in a loop trying to log into Windows after a new setup: I have a Microsoft account that has been set up on a new Windows 10 installation. When I try to actually log in by clicking on "Sign in", I'm prompted for the account password. I enter the correct password and am prompted to create a Windows Hello PIN. I click on Next, after...
  7. My newly built PC keeps rebooting into Windows Setup in a loop when trying to install it...

My newly built PC keeps rebooting into Windows Setup in a loop when trying to install it...: Tl;dR: My PC keeps booting into Windows Setup or saying "Reboot and select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key". I don't know what else to try. I built my first PC yesterday and so far it seems like the hardware is running fine....
  8. Windows 10 stuck in setup loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 stuck in setup loop: I did a full reset on my laptop, however it has become stuck in a loop. It has a screen that says "Hi There" and asks for things like home country, language, keyboard layout, and time zone, then goes to a screen that says "Why did my PC restart?" It says there's a problem and...
  9. Stuck in setup loop

Stuck in setup loop: Hello, I did a full reset on my laptop, however it has become stuck in a loop. It has a screen that says "Hi There" and asks for things like home country, language, keyboard layout, and time zone, then goes to a screen that says "Why did my PC restart?" It says there's a...
  10. Creators Update: Built-in Administrator Account stuck in setup loop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Creators Update: Built-in Administrator Account stuck in setup loop: never seen this one before, folks. I'm trying to repair software problems with a HP x360, after Creator' Update. Apparenly the built-in Administrator Account was never setup. I invoked it "active" rebooted and accessed "Administrator" in safe mode. It has been looping for...