Windows 10: My built in headset mic is not working! windows 10

Discus and support My built in headset mic is not working! windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My built in headset mic is not working on my laptop but my built in laptop mic is working how do i get my headset mic working because it is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TTVcornchip, Aug 7, 2020.

1. My built in headset mic is not working! windows 10

My built in headset mic is not working on my laptop but my built in laptop mic is working how do i get my headset mic working because it is not detecting it? my headset is this one.
    Robot Check

:)

TTVcornchip, Aug 7, 2020

2. Headset Mic Not Working

I really need some help.

I have a Cloud Stinger HyperX headset.

So the Microphone was working fine for many months then a few weeks ago it just stopped.

It does not show up on my list of Recording Devices anymore.

The only Mic I have is the one built in the computer.

I have tried multiple solutions and nothing works. Any suggestions?

John6Johnson6, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Windbrand Win User
    Laptop won't detect built-in mic on headsets/earbuds

I'm running Windows 10 home on a Lenovo Ideapad laptop, and it doesn't detect the mic on any of my headsets/earbuds. I can hear playback fine on my headsets/earbuds, but it can't speak through them, since it insists on using the laptop's internal mic. This results in my typing/mouse clicks all being captured on audio.

• In sound properties recording tab, I just see "microphone (Realtek high def audio)" and "stereo mix (Realtek high def audio)"
    • In sound properties playback tab, I just see "speakers (Realtek high def audio)", yet I hear audio fine on my headsets/earbuds?
    • In device manager, it doesn't detect a headset either, displays the same list as the recording tab
    So do all 3 of my headsets/earbuds have some kind of "plug and play but stays invisible to the OS" feature? One of them is the default Apple earbuds, I'm 100% sure there's a mic on there and these are brand new, so they aren't broken. Are these not supposed to appear as a "headset" device with the headset icon in sound properties?

Windbrand, Aug 7, 2020
  4. My built in headset mic is not working! windows 10

Headset mic not working in Windows 10

I have a Logitech headset. Somehow the mic of the headset is not recognized by the computer. We have downloaded the latest Realtek driver but headset mic does not show in the Playback tab of the Sound panel. The built in mic of my HP Desktop is functioning.
    I tried plugging in the headset in my laptop and mic works. My laptop has the old O/S of Windows not Windows 10.

Is there a Microsoft fix that I can install to address this problem?

Thanks.

MarieCoreces, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

My built in headset mic is not working! windows 10

1. My built in headset mic is not working! windows 10 - Similar Threads - built headset mic

2. WIndows 10 mic on headset not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows 10 mic on headset not working: Hello,I was using a headset when suddenly it's mic stopped working. Later I bought a new headset, but it also didn't hear my mic. I tried searching other guides and it asked for my system model, maybe this can help me resolve the issue, anyways its MS-7B53, I used JBL...
  3. WIndows 10 mic on headset not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WIndows 10 mic on headset not working: Hello,I was using a headset when suddenly it's mic stopped working. Later I bought a new headset, but it also didn't hear my mic. I tried searching other guides and it asked for my system model, maybe this can help me resolve the issue, anyways its MS-7B53, I used JBL...
  4. WIndows 10 mic on headset not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Laptop using built-in mic instead of headset mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop using built-in mic instead of headset mic: Why hello!I've recently received a headset with a 3.5mm 4 pin TRRS headphone jack. The output works fine, as in I can hear audio when wearing them, however my laptop is still using its own in-built mic instead of the headset mic. As an aside, I've tested using the headset...
  6. Laptop using built-in mic instead of headset mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop using built-in mic instead of headset mic: Why hello!I've recently received a headset with a 3.5mm 4 pin TRRS headphone jack. The output works fine, as in I can hear audio when wearing them, however my laptop is still using its own in-built mic instead of the headset mic. As an aside, I've tested using the headset...
  7. Laptop using built in mic instead of headset mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop using built in mic instead of headset mic: Hi, so I've had this problem for a while now and having trouble finding a solution. When I go into my sound settings, I don't even see my headset there, only the built in mic. Any suggestions would be appreciated. submitted by /u/theinevitable420 [link] [comments]...
  8. Built-in microphone not working after using headset mic

Built-in microphone not working after using headset mic: When using a Turtle Beach headset for zoom calls the headset mic works fine, however when I unplug the headset the built-in laptop mic no longer works in zoom or other apps. In Windows sound settings the input bar moves to indicate it's picking up sound. Microphone privacy is...
  9. Laptop is using a built in mic instead of my headset

Laptop is using a built in mic instead of my headset: so my Laptop is using my built-in mic instead of my headset Rig 500 if that helps And my laptop mic is half broken so sometime it will sound like beeps and hoops and others it will go silent and sometimes it will be normal, if i could get any help that would be great...
  10. Headset Mic Not Working Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headset Mic Not Working Windows 10: Just until recently, my microphone that is connected to my headset is not working. I have tried all of these methods I have found on the internet but none of them are working. It's as if my PC is not detecting the microphone at all. I know my headset works because I can use...