Windows 10: my built in speakers weren't working, only through my astro headphones, now vise versa...

Discus and support my built in speakers weren't working, only through my astro headphones, now vise versa... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my Realtek speakers weren't working, only my headphones, now my speakers work but it wont pick up my usb headphones. getting very frustrated with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sethBrammeier, Feb 22, 2019.

1. my built in speakers weren't working, only through my astro headphones, now vise versa...

my Realtek speakers weren't working, only my headphones, now my speakers work but it wont pick up my usb headphones. getting very frustrated with automatic updates not allowing me to pick which way I want to hear the sound out of my computer. I've troubleshot through settings and drivers but nothing, beginning to think the windows team has no idea what they're doing with these updates that I don't ask for considering everything worked fine right out of the box, but every time there's and update something goes haywire and doesn't work.

:)

sethBrammeier, Feb 22, 2019
  2. Ivy Mun Win User

Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Feb 22, 2019
  3. Astro A40 headphone device is not working on Windows 10.

Hello Ethaniel,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, did you check if the Astro A40 drivers are visible under
    Device manger?

You may be facing the above issue due to the missing, corrupted or incompatible device drivers installed on the computer. Presence of corrupted or incompatible device drivers will result in irregular performance of the device on the computer.

Check if the Astro A40 device drivers are visible under Device manager.
    Device manager installs and displays all the drivers required for the device to run on the computer.
    Device manager is the place to uninstall or update system device drivers.

Step 1: To check if the Astro A40 drivers are visible under
    Device manager, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard select
      Device Manager from the context menu.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs option and check if the headphone drivers are visible in the window.
    • Right-click on the headphone driver and select Update
      this software from the context menu.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • Close the window after the update is complete and check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: If the Astro A40 drivers are not visible, I suggest you to download and install the latest and most compatible driver software from the device manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the status of the above issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 22, 2019
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

my built in speakers weren't working, only through my astro headphones, now vise versa...

No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

my built in speakers weren't working, only through my astro headphones, now vise versa...

1. my built in speakers weren't working, only through my astro headphones, now vise versa... - Similar Threads - built speakers weren't

2. Headphones/External Speakers works, but built-in speakers do not.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones/External Speakers works, but built-in speakers do not.: Hello, so i was using my Dell Laptop Inspiron 5558 when suddenly my speakers stopped working... the fixes which i have tried:1. Re-installing Divers from Dell's website2. Changing from Realteak to High Definition Audio3. Cleaning the headphone jack4. Rebooting my Laptop...
  3. Headphones/External Speakers works, but built-in speakers do not.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones/External Speakers works, but built-in speakers do not.: Hello, so i was using my Dell Laptop Inspiron 5558 when suddenly my speakers stopped working... the fixes which i have tried:1. Re-installing Divers from Dell's website2. Changing from Realteak to High Definition Audio3. Cleaning the headphone jack4. Rebooting my Laptop...
  4. Headphones/External Speakers works, but built-in speakers do not.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Headphone Jack And Built in Speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone Jack And Built in Speakers: How do I use both headphone Jack and Built in Speakers at the same time?I have checked on sound settings but my Headphone jack does not Show.My volume only comes out of the headphone jack but I would like to use both Built in speakers and headphone jack at the same time with...
  6. Headphone Jack And Built in Speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone Jack And Built in Speakers: How do I use both headphone Jack and Built in Speakers at the same time?I have checked on sound settings but my Headphone jack does not Show.My volume only comes out of the headphone jack but I would like to use both Built in speakers and headphone jack at the same time with...
  7. Move Boot files to new drive or vise versa.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move Boot files to new drive or vise versa.: Long story short, I used EaseUS to clone my old boot drive HDD to a new SSD. The program said it was successful and I was able to boot into it just fine with all of my files. I erased the old HDD and now Windows gives me the 0xc0000003 error and I can't repair the SSD with a...
  8. No sound through speakers only through headphones

No sound through speakers only through headphones: I doubt Ill EVER get this fixed but im compelled to keep trying and asking. Lenovo X220 no sound through speakers only through headphones. Ive read at least a hundred threads on this and tried the suggested solutions, but none have worked for me. Ive installed and...
  9. Audio will not come through my headphones, only my speakers.

Audio will not come through my headphones, only my speakers.: Sound only comes out of my Surface Book speakers and not through my headphones in the headphone jack. I have switched the headphones being used and restarted my computer multiple times, but nothing is helping. My PC detects that the headphones are plugged in, but still sound...
  10. Headphones recognized as speakers and vice versa...

Headphones recognized as speakers and vice versa...: I've had this problem for a while now. It has corrected itself in the past but the latest update has brought this up again. What would be the most painless way of correcting this issue. Running troubleshooter does nothing. It would mean a lot to get this fixed as painlessly...