Windows 10: My business website is falsely being blocked bij defender

Discus and support My business website is falsely being blocked bij defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My business website is being blocked by microsoft defender stating the website is malicious and is used for phishing. I am a small business owner and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by David_1982, May 19, 2021.

1. My business website is falsely being blocked bij defender

My business website is being blocked by microsoft defender stating the website is malicious and is used for phishing. I am a small business owner and this is hurting my business. There is no further explanation on this error so I can not see what I can do to solve this quickly. I filled in the 'report this website as safe' form but did not yet get a response from microsoft after several days. We are full owners of this url and the url has all the right certificates in place and we are sure this website is not used for phishing. The url has been working correctly for many years. Th

:)

David_1982, May 19, 2021
  2. copiman Win User

How to Block Websites

I have googled a bit and found software that can be used to block websites on a computer. I also found another way by using Windows which I would prefer. My problem is I must be doing something wrong. Here is the site that has the steps.
    How to block websites | PCWorld

Here is what happens when I perform step 6. I am the administrator by the way.

My business website is falsely being blocked bij defender [​IMG]

Any ideas on how to make this work?

copiman, May 19, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User
    Windows defender false positive - forced to allow threat

Windows defender has started to identify C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe as a threat [normally reported as a Trojan Powessere.G]. I use mshta.exe to run an hta custom MsgBox - I have been hoping to keep using my current CustomMsgBox tool [batch file calling a vbs-hta file] until later this year when I hope to have had enough time to replace it with a PowerShell alternative.

Windows defender's notification lets me "allow the threat" but that seems to me to be a bigger security hole than is necessary - it will now ignore a potentially real intrusion when all I want to run is a genuine Windows component. My immediate problem is fixed but I would prefer to fix the false positive using the exclusions list.

I cleared the 'Allowed threats history' so I could use the exclusions list instead. I added C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe to the file exclusions list and I checked that it had taken properly by checking the exclusions list both in the UI & in the Registry. But the exclusion made no difference, it continued to detect and block the exe.

I have repeated the attempt several times [by clearing the allowed threats list & exclusions list beforehand] and the results are the same every time
    - allowing the threat works,
    - using the exclusions list has no effect.

I studied the relevant tutorial but have not spotted an error in what I have been doing - Add or Remove Windows Defender Exclusions

Does anybody with experience of using the exclusions list to counter false positives have any suggestions for me?

Denis

4. copiman Win User

My business website is falsely being blocked bij defender

How to Block Websites

Sorry everyone but I have done everything suggested and it still does not block the website.

copiman, May 19, 2021
Thema:

My business website is falsely being blocked bij defender

1. My business website is falsely being blocked bij defender - Similar Threads - business website falsely

2. What is "taskhostw.exe" ? It is being blocked by defender!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is "taskhostw.exe" ? It is being blocked by defender!!: Please tell me what this app or process is: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-is-taskhostwexe-it-is-being-blocked-by/ee3e9722-123a-469e-a278-dcccfb5760b9
  3. False positive in Defender?

False positive in Defender?: Defender has just identified an alleged Script/Wacatc.B1Ml trojan in a zip file that has been on my system for many years. It didn't object to the unzipped version, a vbs file. I don't know where the zip file has been put, to send a sample and I can't remember how to send...
  4. windows defender BLOCKING CERTAIN WEBSITES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows defender BLOCKING CERTAIN WEBSITES: hello;I HAVE AN HP Z440 WORKSTATION THAT AFTER THE LAST WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE IS BLOCKING CERTAIN GOOD WEBSITES SUCN AS ADOBE, ETC. HOW DO I FIX THIS?...
  5. The website is blocked by Windows Defender

The website is blocked by Windows Defender: My newly registered site is incorrectly flagged as a phishing site and blocked.VirusTotal scanning and Google Safe Browsing - Google Transparency Report is negative.I reported at https://feedback.smartscreen.microsoft.com that this site does not contain any signs of a...
  6. Website being blocked and its App Discord

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Website being blocked and its App Discord: I have tried many solutions such as clearing DNS cache, Winsock reset, disabling both antivirus and firewall, tried using a VPN, switching DNS server to Google's DNS server, disabled proxy, and the problem still keeps coming. I can't access https://discord.com/ and it's app...
  7. Windows Defender Blocking the Website

Windows Defender Blocking the Website: I am using one of the SaaS product and my company is URL is blocked by Microsoft Safelinks and Microsoft Defender. Though after whitelisted in safelinks, it flagged malicious by Defender....
  8. My website is blocking?

My website is blocking?: Hi, when my user open my website on windows 10 windows defender block it and unsafe message appear in my website there is everything is legit and 99% secure from any type of viruses and malwares....
  9. Making a website for my business

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Making a website for my business: Bought a google domain for my business. Is it worth using the domain to make a website? Are google websites any good?
  10. Windows Defender ATP ExploitGuard False Web Block.

Windows Defender ATP ExploitGuard False Web Block.: Hi all, I'm trying to figure out how to either report a false block to Microsoft, or whitelist a website that was blocked. Your IT administrator has caused Windows Defender Exploit Guard to block a potentially dangerous network connection. Detection time:...