Windows 10: My button functions acting messy

Discus and support My button functions acting messy in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; uhm hello? Hopefully one of y'all know what is going on. So, the top row of button (i.e. my escape button to my delete button) don't do what they're... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Logan South, Sep 23, 2018.

1. My button functions acting messy

uhm hello? Hopefully one of y'all know what is going on. So, the top row of button (i.e. my escape button to my delete button) don't do what they're supposed too. my volume buttons don't work the turn up brightness button takes me to some weird code looking side screen. and basically they acting a mess and I don't know how to fully explain it. Sorry for that grammatical garbage fire. Also, my sound says it is at the loudest it can get but I know it should be much higher as if my speakers are not working right or dying. (or I am just part deaf cause I love me a loud song) thanks and uhm please know the magic solution to my problem.

:)

Logan South, Sep 23, 2018

2. ACT Pro 2013 will not open in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The most likely causes on a standalone are a damaged or invalid .pad file or SQL is not running, or is damaged.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Click your Windows Start button, choose Run and type in actdiag.

• When ACT! Diagnostics comes up, click Databases, the Database List.

• Locate your database in the list, right-click on it and select Detach. Make sure you know the filepath to your database before detaching it.

• When the database has been detached, open My Computer (or Windows Explorer) and browse to the location of your database.

• Locate the .PAD file for your database [database name].pad and delete it.

• Reopen ACT!...you will get a message that the last database opened cannot found, then will be taken to the Open Database dialog box.

• At the bottom of this box, change the Files of Type to .adf, browse to the location of your database and double-click on the .adf file for your database.

• You will get a message that ACT! will verify your database, click OK and ACT will reattach your database to SQL and create a new .pad file.

• Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Sep 23, 2018
  3. Right mouse button function

So I spoke too soon. My right click button no longer bring up the alt menu, and once again, simply acts to same as the left click button. It seemed to change when the McAfee software asked the reinstall, which it did. So I de-installed the McAfee software
    and rebooted to no avail.

I was hoping there was a place to in the control panel to reset the right click button? Or even a patch?

Anyway, additional guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

James

Jamesspoto, Sep 23, 2018
  4. My button functions acting messy

Windows button not function

Hello Wan,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue. I would like to assist you with further information from here.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are facing functionality issues in Windows 10 after a recent Windows update.

Please follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1:

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Method 2:

If issue persist, kindly follow the below given steps and check if it helps:

Run these commands:

• Press Windows key and type Powershell
      in search, right click on it and Open as administrator .

• Type the following command in Powershell and hit enter:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Note: Remember to close all the applications before you run the above Powershell command.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

My button functions acting messy

1. My button functions acting messy - Similar Threads - button functions acting

2. Why is my Windows button acting up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my Windows button acting up?: 1st I'm talking about the button on the taskbar. 2nd sometimes it wont open when I press it and 3rd, when I press the search it closes. Also the searchbar on the taskbar just disappears when I press it. Thanks for the help....
  3. Why is my Windows button acting up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my Windows button acting up?: 1st I'm talking about the button on the taskbar. 2nd sometimes it wont open when I press it and 3rd, when I press the search it closes. Also the searchbar on the taskbar just disappears when I press it. Thanks for the help....
  4. Functions button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Functions button: After update Win 11 23H2 version, The "Windows" button and the "Fn" button have their functions changed. Before, I pressed 'Windows+I' to go to "Setting", now I have to press 'Fn+I'...
  5. Functions button

Functions button: After update Win 11 23H2 version, The "Windows" button and the "Fn" button have their functions changed. Before, I pressed 'Windows+I' to go to "Setting", now I have to press 'Fn+I'...
  6. acting as if a down button is pressed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    acting as if a down button is pressed.: my computer is acting as if a down button is pressed. i have unplugged all peripherals and restarted the computer. i made sure sticky keys ease of access is off. i cant try some solutions as it keeps arrowing down....
  7. Function buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function buttons: I have a Toshiba Satellite S75-B7396 and I'm wondering how to turn off the function button shortcuts brightness, volume, etc. There are some games that use the function keys and I want to figure out how turn off those shortcuts....
  8. Function buttons

Function buttons: I have a Toshiba Satellite S75-B7396 and I'm wondering how to turn off the function button shortcuts brightness, volume, etc. There are some games that use the function keys and I want to figure out how turn off those shortcuts....
  9. Messy accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Messy accounts: Hi I seem to have 2 accounts one which is my email the other which is my mobile - I cant add my mobile to my email account because it says the number is already taken.. I'm so confused and hoping to just get a single account back...
  10. Shift button acting weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shift button acting weird: If i press any button on the bottom row of the keyboard except the b and n buttons the shift key is on until i restart my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shift-button-acting-weird/657ed3b4-8e2e-4994-9903-963c0f60f662