Windows 10: My C drive is not accessible - Access is Denied

Discus and support My C drive is not accessible - Access is Denied in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My little brother was on my PC, and I guess he fucked around with my administrator settings, now I can't access my c drive. I tried to make another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/0Nickk, Jun 17, 2020.

1. /u/0Nickk Win User

My C drive is not accessible - Access is Denied

My little brother was on my PC, and I guess he fucked around with my administrator settings, now I can't access my c drive. I tried to make another account, didn't work. I would try to open something like a task manager, and it would say windows couldn't access it. If I tried to right-click on my c drive, go to properties, and try to add myself as admin, it would just freeze up and not do anything. I tried to restore from a previous backup, and it gives me an unexpected error. " There was an unexpected error: Access is denied (0x8007005) System Restore will now close. I really need help here. Thanks.

submitted by /u/0Nickk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/0Nickk, Jun 17, 2020
  2. Paola Gar Win User

c-drive not accessible, access denied

Hi,

To better understand the issue, we'd like to get the following information:

• How are you trying to access (CMy C drive is not accessible - Access is Denied :) Drive?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • If possible, kindly send us a screenshot of the complete error message you're getting.

Looking forward to your response.

Paola Gar, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Access to C drive is denied

Access to C drive is denied, Cannot take ownership, right clicking on it freezes the laptop for 15 sec and access denied message pops up

Pop-SeicheGabriel-Mario, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Paola Gar Win User

c-drive not accessible, access denied

Based on the error message you're getting, we'd like to know if you've tried repairing Office? If not, kindly follow the steps below:

• Click Search/Cortana.
    • Type Programs and Features and then press Enter.
    • Look for Microsoft Office from the list and then right-click to select
      Repair

It will automatically fix any issues that might be causing the problem. After running a repair, kindly check if you'll now be able to access (CMy C drive is not accessible - Access is Denied :) drive.

Tell us what would be the result.

Paola Gar, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

1. My C drive is not accessible - Access is Denied - Similar Threads - drive accessible Access

2. “ C:\ is not accessible, Access is denied.”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “ C:\ is not accessible, Access is denied.”: I suddently cannot access to my c local disk, said “ C:\ is not accessible, Access is denied.” Even my account is adm, while I log in after restarting my pc or sigh out my account, nothing is showing up except my wallpaper engine, and takes about 10mins to show everything...
  3. “ C:\ is not accessible, Access is denied.”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “ C:\ is not accessible, Access is denied.”: I suddently cannot access to my c local disk, said “ C:\ is not accessible, Access is denied.” Even my account is adm, while I log in after restarting my pc or sigh out my account, nothing is showing up except my wallpaper engine, and takes about 10mins to show everything...
  4. c:\ is not accessible.......Access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    c:\ is not accessible.......Access is denied: Windows 10 c:\ is not accessible.......Access is deniedJust recently I have started to have this problem when trying to access c::Computer runs fine , but, also programs cant update because of this.I have tried all the suggestions on here and for c:: properties\ security and...
  5. c:\ is not accessible.......Access is denied

c:\ is not accessible.......Access is denied: Windows 10 c:\ is not accessible.......Access is deniedJust recently I have started to have this problem when trying to access c::Computer runs fine , but, also programs cant update because of this.I have tried all the suggestions on here and for c:: properties\ security and...
  6. C:\is not accessible access denied

C:\is not accessible access denied: when i click on windows c local disk location is not available C:\is not accessible access denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cis-not-accessible-access-denied/9e38384b-96f8-4b85-8cbf-21b8896d8db0
  7. C:\ drive access denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C:\ drive access denied: I can't open the C:\ drive, this is after auto repair of the laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-drive-access-denied/e50b6564-56dd-40d6-934c-3a5a1e394e3a
  8. Access to C drive is denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access to C drive is denied: Access to C drive is denied, Cannot take ownership, right clicking on it freezes the laptop for 15 sec and access denied message pops up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-c-drive-is-denied/e8ce725f-eb6a-4dd6-b9e9-b3871e097ae2
  9. Access to Drive C: denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access to Drive C: denied: I run Windows 10 and seem to have mistakenly changed some security settings which has resulted in me being denied access to drive C unable to run programs such as MS office apps. Oddly, there are some programs that still works though. After trying most of what I have found...
  10. C drive access denied

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive access denied: I was trying to keep my 120 gig ssd drive just for windows. I have a 1 terabyte hard drive for the rest. In the process I locked myself out. Anything I try to do I get access denied. I still have admin rights, but its worthless. I cant even trouble shoot. Ive tried 4...