Windows 10: My C drive keeps losing space because of Windows 10 update

Discus and support My C drive keeps losing space because of Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello guys, as the title already said, I want to know how to fix or stop this problem at once. I already tried to turn off windows update using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/duk2102, Feb 15, 2021.

1. My C drive keeps losing space because of Windows 10 update

Hello guys, as the title already said, I want to know how to fix or stop this problem at once. I already tried to turn off windows update using regedit, gpedit.msc and services but nothing worked, windows 10 kept ignoring and automatically updated, ate my C drive space from 85gb down to 75gb during this month - February.

If anyone knows how to solve this problem, please help me. Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/duk2102
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/duk2102, Feb 15, 2021
  2. Piglet Win User

C: drive progressively loses space

Hello,

My C: drive is progressively losing space the longer my computer is on. I am currently experiencing the worst example of it so far, which has prompted me to post this support request.

• Three hours ago, I turned my computer on. C: had 32GB of free space.
    • Thirty minutes ago, I received a 'low disk space' warning. C: had been reduced to 0 bytes.
    • I moved 3.6GB of personal files to an external drive. After checking in 'This PC', however, C: showed just 2.2GB of free space.
    • At the time of writing, C: now has 1.3GB of space remaining. This will occasionally drop in increments of 50MB to 100MB. It will also sometimes stabilise for a short time before continuing to drop again.
    The only programs I have used in the past three hours are Chrome, Firefox, Foxtel Go (a streaming application), and Media Player Classic. It does not seem to matter which applications I use - if I use any applications at all - for the space to continue disappearing. Malwarebytes has not discovered any threats, either, and nothing appears to be abnormal in Task Manager.

How can I figure out what is going on? Can anyone help, or suggest anything? This is incredibly frustrating and inconveniencing as you can imagine.

Thank you in advance.

Computer: Toshiba Satellite
    Processor: Intel Core i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
    System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    Operating system: Windows 10 Pro

Piglet, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Updates eating c drive space in Windows 10

Frequent updates suggestion keep coming from Windows as well as from HP. As I keep all the applications updated I have observed my c drive space has become less and it has slowed down my laptop.

After the installation of new updates my c drive space is shrinking incessantly .

Could you please suggest what can be done so that machine doesn't become slow and c drive has enough space.

YaminiDhapola, Feb 15, 2021
  4. XMEzy Win User

My C drive keeps losing space because of Windows 10 update

XMEzy, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

My C drive keeps losing space because of Windows 10 update

1. My C drive keeps losing space because of Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - drive keeps losing

2. my C drive is losing space by the second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my C drive is losing space by the second: my C drive is losing space for no reason. i haven't downloaded anything and i'm sitting here watching it slowly fill up by the second. there was 40GB of space left 10 minutes ago and now there's 38.9GB of space left. i'm literally just sitting here watching it, i've not...
  3. my C drive is losing space by the second

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my C drive is losing space by the second: my C drive is losing space for no reason. i haven't downloaded anything and i'm sitting here watching it slowly fill up by the second. there was 40GB of space left 10 minutes ago and now there's 38.9GB of space left. i'm literally just sitting here watching it, i've not...
  4. my C drive is losing space by the second

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Keep on randomly losing space on my C drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Keep on randomly losing space on my C drive: So recently I cleared up around 30 GB of space on my c drive and which is a lot for me as I had around 9GB before. But I've been noticing that I just randomly lose space without even downloading anything. I would notice it while browsing through my computer and I would see I...
  6. Keep on randomly losing space on my C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep on randomly losing space on my C drive: So recently I cleared up around 30 GB of space on my c drive and which is a lot for me as I had around 9GB before. But I've been noticing that I just randomly lose space without even downloading anything. I would notice it while browsing through my computer and I would see I...
  7. Keep on randomly losing space on my C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Losing Disk Space on Drive C:/

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Losing Disk Space on Drive C:/: Hello, I am losing hard drive space on my drive C:/. Yesterday, the drive was at 90.9 GB used. When I woke it up from sleep it was at 91.4 GB used and now it is at 91.7 GB used. This is only on the small SSD and the larger 4TB HDD does not have this problem. The PC is a new...
  9. C drive constantly losing space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C drive constantly losing space: I need a little help with my hard drive. It’s a Windows 10 and it’s consistently losing space by the day. I scanned it for malware multiple times and no threats are detected. I’ve already tried cleaning up the desk and deleting newer files that I didn’t need. What else can I...
  10. My C Drive Keeps losing Space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My C Drive Keeps losing Space: My C Drive Keeps losing Space and yesterday i had 14gb then it went to 799mb and it keeps going down every 5 mins https://gyazo.com/182ef0a5ec8d7333e470531c33c7e1e1.png after 5 mins https://gyazo.com/b05daf23a10fb45995330bc49c01a8fd.png 31443