Windows 10: My c drive shrunk in total gb size?

Discus and support My c drive shrunk in total gb size? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I reinstalled Windows on my PC transferring files from my laptop. After recovery, I then noticed my PC's C drive total space had shrunk. It's now the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ToastLeafs, Sep 28, 2020.

1. My c drive shrunk in total gb size?

I reinstalled Windows on my PC transferring files from my laptop. After recovery, I then noticed my PC's C drive total space had shrunk.

It's now the same as my laptop and that's around 200GB’s that just vanished in total space.

What's going on? My c drive shrunk in total gb size? :)

(I have tried Disk Management and terminal. I entered "disk part" -> "list disk" Nothing showed up.)

submitted by /u/ToastLeafs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ToastLeafs, Sep 28, 2020

2. Extend C drive Size

Your Image does not show a D partition. It does show an F partition which if reduced in size would enable you to increase the size of the C partition.

These are the steps needed to enable you to increase the size of your C partition:

• Reduce F by 20 gb placing the unallocated space before F.

• Increase the Recovery partition by 20 gb taking up unallocated space created by Step 1.

• Reduce the Recovery partition by 20 gb placing the unallocated space before the Recovery partition.

• Increase the C partition by 20 gb to take in the unallocated space before the Recovery partition.

You can use Easeus Partition Manager (freeware) to carry out these tasks. The files in each partition are automatically moved when you carry out each step detailed above.

Free partition manager software to resize partitions - EaseUS® Partition Master Free

How to extend system partition when there is no unallocated space next to it?

Detailed solutions to manage disk space and partition size with EaseUS Partition Master

Gerry C J Cornell, Sep 28, 2020
  3. c: drive total space 120gb showing free 22gb

Hi

Apps and Features only show the size of the installed apps.

An easy way to see the total usage of the hard drive is to look in File Explorer.

Open File Explorer, in the left side Navigation Pane,
    Right Click the C: Drive and select Properties.

This will open a window showing the total and used space on the drive.

My c drive shrunk in total gb size? d9c07794-3c94-485d-b408-957c7d0313ff.png

You can also click Settings/System/Storage to see the status of the hard drives.

Regards

Ronnie Vernon, Sep 28, 2020
  4. rboppy Win User

My c drive shrunk in total gb size?

What's eating up my \C: drive?

That reduced System Volume Information to 662 KB, left $GetCurrent at 3.8 GB which is called media when clicking the little arrow. Storage sense or Disk cleanup gave no reference to $GetCurrent, and the [2 files] are pagefile.sys and swapfile.sys.

- - - Updated - - -

I will thank everyone and mark this thread as solved, I now have over 27 GB of free space on my C: drive, it must just slowly get down to size where Windows warned me with a red "flag" when viewing This PC.

rboppy, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

My c drive shrunk in total gb size?

1. My c drive shrunk in total gb size? - Similar Threads - drive shrunk total

2. Difference in the total size of files in C: and used space n C: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difference in the total size of files in C: and used space n C: drive: I am using Windows 10 and I am cleaning my C drive. While cleaning, I noticed that the difference between the space used in Drive C and the total file size in Drive C is way too big, around 30 GB.The difference still exists although I have: Unhidden filesCleaned up system...
  3. Difference in the total size of files in C: and used space n C: drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Difference in the total size of files in C: and used space n C: drive: I am using Windows 10 and I am cleaning my C drive. While cleaning, I noticed that the difference between the space used in Drive C and the total file size in Drive C is way too big, around 30 GB.The difference still exists although I have: Unhidden filesCleaned up system...
  4. Difference in the total size of files in C: and used space n C: drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. my drive c have 250 gb but my drive d only have 1 gb and is totally nothing

my drive c have 250 gb but my drive d only have 1 gb and is totally nothing: my drive c have 250 gb but my drive d only have 1 gb and is totally nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-drive-c-have-250-gb-but-my-drive-d-only-have-1/67399cf1-5f1f-464b-9aab-bb729481ecea
  6. my drive c have 250 gb but my drive d only have 1 gb and is totally nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my drive c have 250 gb but my drive d only have 1 gb and is totally nothing: my drive c have 250 gb but my drive d only have 1 gb and is totally nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-drive-c-have-250-gb-but-my-drive-d-only-have-1/67399cf1-5f1f-464b-9aab-bb729481ecea
  7. my drive c have 250 gb but my drive d only have 1 gb and is totally nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Shrunk C drive but volume missing

Shrunk C drive but volume missing: So I used the Shrink Volume on Disk by 10000 mb and it never showed as unallocated or anywhere else, not even on Aomei.[ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shrunk-c-drive-but-volume-missing/bdcf051d-2d7a-45a5-92b5-5e66e7e40e6b
  9. My C drive size keep on increase and reached to 235 GB

My C drive size keep on increase and reached to 235 GB: Can anyone help me to understand why the size of C drive is keep on increasing. I have deleted on the temporary files and all. I have uninstalled few of my useful software just to have some free space in c drive but it keep on increasing. Morning when I checked 5GB of...
  10. Screen Resolution shrunk in size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Resolution shrunk in size: [IMG] Hi after a full reset I did on my Acer Predator Helios 300, my screen resolution shrunk in size with almost 3 inch black border at the bottom and 4 on the right. I tried almost every solution I found in this community but nothing really worked. I even tried rolling...