Windows 10: My C-drive space is increased after updated to windows 7 to windows 10

Discus and support My C-drive space is increased after updated to windows 7 to windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Team, Recently , i updated my OS from windows 7 to windows 10 . i see my c drive space consumed more. Please find the attached image for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BHANU MVENGELIMURUGESH, Jan 25, 2020.

1. My C-drive space is increased after updated to windows 7 to windows 10

Hello Team,

Recently , i updated my OS from windows 7 to windows 10 . i see my c drive space consumed more.

Please find the attached image for directory size details . i can see majority from Windows.old and Windows . Do we need both folder ?

My C-drive space is increased after updated to windows 7 to windows 10 38578195-758b-4883-93e1-1456a9630694?upload=true.png

Regards

Bhanu

:)

BHANU MVENGELIMURUGESH, Jan 25, 2020
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Jan 25, 2020
  3. SChia1 Win User
    Increase C drive space

How do I increase C drive space from D drive

SChia1, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

My C-drive space is increased after updated to windows 7 to windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

My C-drive space is increased after updated to windows 7 to windows 10

1. My C-drive space is increased after updated to windows 7 to windows 10 - Similar Threads - drive space increased

2. Increase C drive Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Increase C drive Space: Is there a way to add a USB drive space to the C drive on Windows 10. Only have 32GB on C drive so cannot update Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-c-drive-space/65fb40ff-9391-4c4f-bb83-01992918f36a
  3. C Drive loosing space after windows 10 2004 Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C Drive loosing space after windows 10 2004 Update: I have recently updated to windows 10 2004 Enterprise. I have noticed that my drive keeps loosing space even when I have not copied any new files to the drive or install any updates or new software. I have looked into the C:\Windows\Logs\CBS, there is only 1 file that is 2MB...
  4. C : drive - Free space increases after factory reset windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C : drive - Free space increases after factory reset windows 10.: Before resetting , free space in c drive 256gb ssd Was 180GB , but after factory reset Free space increases to 190GB , HOW ?? that means i have lost 10GB of data ???...
  5. NO SPACE ON DRIVE C UPDATES FOR WINDOWS 10

NO SPACE ON DRIVE C UPDATES FOR WINDOWS 10: Cant perform updates to windows 10, I have 32G on drive C almost full and cant create 8GB but I have an SD with 20GB free but the upgrade window is not giving me the option to install the updates on the SD...
  6. drive c no space to update windows.

drive c no space to update windows.: This happened to me at the beginning of February. They almost got away with it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-c-no-space-to-update-windows/f0972f37-1a74-4d10-9060-bb4d139964dc
  7. How to increase disc space on C drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to increase disc space on C drive: Hello all, I bought a new PC, but the C drive is split in 2 partitions ( C & D ). I tried to remove 100 GB from D, and add it to the C drive, but I'm not allowed to do that... There is no option to increase disc space on the C drive. Also tried to reinstall Windows 10 and...
  8. How to increase disc space on C drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to increase disc space on C drive: Hello all, I bought a new PC, but the C drive is split in 2 partitions ( C & D ). I tried to remove 100 GB from D, and add it to the C drive, but I'm not allowed to do that... There is no option to increase disc space on the C drive. Also tried to reinstall Windows 10 and...
  9. Increase C drive space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Increase C drive space: How do I increase C drive space from D drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-c-drive-space/4fc39454-1d83-4007-9bfd-8e577eb00f64
  10. No Space on C Drive after Windows 10 version 1803 update

No Space on C Drive after Windows 10 version 1803 update: Hi, I have an ASUS notebook model E 203N, 2GB RAM and 32GB flash memory. After carrying out the latest Windows 10 version 1803 updates and some other crucial sercurity updates, the C drive is completely full! I have removed pretty much all the programs that the notebook had...